Nintendo Ds Lite.

richb2004

I have been toying with the idea of buying a handheld console for a little while now, but simply can not make up my mind. Now with the new DS little on the market I am very tempted to go with Nintendo. However, when ever I see the graphics of the PSP I hesitate to commit. I already have a PS2 and don’t really want another, even if it is handheld, but at the same time I can see the graphics are so much in advance of those on the DS.

I read some rave reviews of the DS on here some time back and wonder if everyone is still happy with theirs? Also, does anyone know how the two consoles are now performing in sales etc?

The PS2 and PSP aren't the same thing, in the same way that the DS and Gamecube aren't the same thing. So getting the PSP is in no way similar to getting another PS2.

Sales wise, the DS (and lite) outsells the PSP by a pretty big margin.

Of course, in the end, like all other consoles, the ultimate decider lies in whether that platform has the games you want to play.

I would go for the DS everytime

The DS games are just more FUN and the AAA games just keep coming (Zelda is out this year)

Problem with the PSP is the games are often trying to be like PS2 games. However all fail with regard to camera control as there is no second analgue control stick

• 1 month later...