BMW s1000f 2014

ll2

if rumors are true, BMW is coming with an adventure version of their s1000rr supersport version. Actually, rumors were around for a while and this move from BMW was expected by many.

Bike looks good and it will be a ducati multistrada killer.

And sure there will be a similar engine like s1000r naked, a toned down version of s1000rr engine adjusted for low down torque. Still, it will be a lot fast .Faster than KTM and Multistrada.

i am sure it will be a good bike for the ones looking for a flexible comfy all-rounder with supersport like dynamics!

Wonder when we can see one in Thailand.

post-184955-0-72027400-1400565754_thumb.

post-184955-0-91821700-1400565755_thumb.

Edited by ll2
  • Like 2

A nice bike indeed, as most BMW's are, recently i was at the local KTM dealer in Buriram where i red some brochures and i was surprised about the amount of horspower these kind of Adventure bikes generate, for example 150HP for the KTM adventure, whow impressive but at the same time made me think do you really need that much horsepower on an adventure bike?. to me it makes no sense.

An adventure bike in the true sense of the word, should be more or less light and easy to handle in terrain.

A perfect example is the Yamaha XT 660Z Tenere.

A nice bike indeed, as most BMW's are, recently i was at the local KTM dealer in Buriram where i red some brochures and i was surprised about the amount of horspower these kind of Adventure bikes generate, for example 150HP for the KTM adventure, whow impressive but at the same time made me think do you really need that much horsepower on an adventure bike?. to me it makes no sense.

An adventure bike in the true sense of the word, should be more or less light and easy to handle in terrain.

I never understand a 300 kg adventure bike as well.

these are 90 percent asphalt and 10 percent rough terrain.

These made for touring on the asphalt in a nice, comfy and sporty fast way. Not for going into rough trails.

Some riders wants a lot of power on these type of bikes. Multistrada and KTM sells well all over the world.

Best bike for it in my book is kawasaki klr650 which i rode one before for sometime. an unbreakable bike.

If BMW sells this close to Multistrada, sure some people will buy it.

Nice looking bike too!

These made for touring on the asphalt in a nice, comfy and sporty fast way. Not for going into rough trails.

Some riders wants a lot of power on these type of bikes. Multistrada and KTM sells well all over the world.

Best bike for it in my book is kawasaki klr650 which i rode one before for sometime. an unbreakable bike.

Nice looking bike too!

I guess that's true, here in Buriram we have the Buriram United Riders club with a lot of these big KTM's GS's etc , they visit almost every Buriram United out game by bike ( mr Newin included) and i doubt it these bikes have seen must dirt.

In the that same KTM shop most of these bikes are maintained and the owner tolded me that mr Newin's KTM did an impressive 70.000km in just 1,5 years!!!

post-143096-0-35880800-1400815242_thumb.

Nice looking bike too!

I guess that's true, here in Buriram we have the Buriram United Riders club with a lot of these big KTM's GS's etc , they visit almost every Buriram United out game by bike ( mr Newin included) and i doubt it these bikes have seen must dirt.

In the that same KTM shop most of these bikes are maintained and the owner tolded me that mr Newin's KTM did an impressive 70.000km in just 1,5 years!!!

attachicon.gifThe Boss.jpg

Mr. Nevin is a recent rider. He had a speech at Bike gathering in Buri ram on that. Looks like a cool guy and i am impressed liek he did 70.000km!

Anyway, I think we will see BMW s1000f here for around million baht!

These big adventure bikes are for rough asphalt and smooth gravel and dirt roads. Last year chatted with a couple of Beemer riders just out of Burma and the road from Mai Sot thru the mountains was a killer because of pot holes and big rocks that the bikes had to manhandled around. This is the mountain road that is open on alternative days for one way traffic as it is too narrow to allow two way traffic. One fellow was on a gsx and the other guy was on a touring bike and he was complaining the most.

I am back in the states at present and will go over to the BMW dealer and ask about this 1000f I'll get back too you guys in a few days on any info I get

Edited by moe666
  • Like 1

The KLR 650 is enormously popular amongst the serious adv riders. Even the US Army has used them, and adapted them to run with a variety of fuels. But for wannabe adv riders like me who ride 90% asphalt, it is a terrible bike! I had Pirelli Scorpion Trail tyres on it, and used it on a track one time. The front end got very light over 100 kph, and at 160 kph (at the end of a very long straight) it was on the edge of a tank slapper. I learned my lesson about dual purpose. If I wanted to ride around the world - or just through Burma - I would choose something lighter. Maybe the KLX250. Or as suggested, a Honda Wave with a few mods to get better ground clearance. Certainly not a giant Beemer.

Just got back from the BMW dealer no r 1000 adventure as far as the guy in the shop knew. He did know about the small displacement bikes to be built in India after chatting a bit he mentioned a new retro bike, I ask got one here he says I think in the back off we go. Well it is the BMW R nine T 1,100ccs 110 horses of cafe' racer. Inverted forks, one open head light, and only a speedo and tach. sorry boys I am no good at posting photos I am sure one of you can do it. It has a old style air cooled boxer engine. It looks very small but with this huge engine, very interesting

Just got back from the BMW dealer no r 1000 adventure as far as the guy in the shop knew. He did know about the small displacement bikes to be built in India after chatting a bit he mentioned a new retro bike, I ask got one here he says I think in the back off we go. Well it is the BMW R nine T 1,100ccs 110 horses of cafe' racer. Inverted forks, one open head light, and only a speedo and tach. sorry boys I am no good at posting photos I am sure one of you can do it. It has a old style air cooled boxer engine. It looks very small but with this huge engine, very interesting

As far as I am concerned The r-nine-T is the best looking classic style bike on the market. It's classic, but not retro - it has modern lines too. It's not trying to look like an old bike, it's its own design. Gorgeous. Sadly, more than 1M THB in Thailand.

*drool*

bmw-R-nineT-db021.jpg

I don't know anything about small displacement bikes made in India?!

I do know about the Thai factory currently making the F800R. Hope they'll expand to more interesting models soon. Like that R-nine-T... excuse me while I go change my pants.

Edited by nikster

As far as I am concerned The r-nine-T is the best looking classic style bike on the market. It's classic, but not retro - it has modern lines too. It's not trying to look like an old bike, it's its own design. Gorgeous. Sadly, more than 1M THB in Thailand.

*drool*

bmw-R-nineT-db021.jpg

I do know about the Thai factory currently making the F800R. Hope they'll expand to more interesting models soon. Like that R-nine-T... excuse me while I go change my pants.

Not a classic but if naked, here is BMW recent job, BMW Concept Roadster, one of the best bike they have ever built IMO ad they say due to the positive feedback, BMW will go forward and release this model!

What a bike man!

post-184955-0-26485000-1401504363_thumb.

post-184955-0-88215600-1401504365_thumb.

post-184955-0-94857200-1401504368_thumb.

post-184955-0-18360900-1401504440_thumb.

post-184955-0-88014900-1401504464_thumb.

*drool*

bmw-R-nineT-db021.jpg

Not a classic but if naked, here is BMW recent job, BMW Concept Roadster, one of the best bike they have ever built IMO ad they say due to the positive feedback, BMW will go forward and release this model!

What a bike man!

It'll mess your hair up with no faring.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

I don't know if it will be a Multistrada killer with that ugly double swing arm and with the looks of a 10 years old Japanese bike. Furthermore, if they put the inline 4 in that bike it will never have the grunt of a Multistrada. Another boring looking BMW bike imo. Like most things coming out of Germany: good but boring.

Power wise, it might have some more horses than the current Multi with 150. But then again, Ducati could uses the 1199 engine in the next Multi. Which is not really necessary because 150hp is enough for sport touring.

Wouldn't trade my Multi for any of those bikes. Only people who own A Multi too can agree with me.

Edited by Nickymaster