I need some new riding gear.

BSJ

There's so many choices.

If you want the ultimate non-hot getup you'll get a Duke Dryfit long sleeve, a t-shirt (those dry fit shirts embarrassingly show off moobs and beer guts) and something like Alpinestar's Bionic jacket. Combined with that Shark helmet above you'd be pretty bad ass, but I'd be worried about a slide.

Icon also offers some milspec jackets that I've seen servicemembers using.

If you're serious about camo gear, there's a whole bunch out there.

If you're just asking for gear in general, I can recommend the AGV Sport Solare jacket/pants set. Good protection and flows quite a bit of air. Understated design (unless you get the hi-viz version) that cleans easily.

Helmets are a pretty personal choice; everybody's head is shaped differently so you have to get your budget decided and spend as much as you can stomach; you really do get what you pay for.

I can also recommend Sidi's Cobra Air boots. Nice and light and they clean easily also. Offer decent protection and a lot of air goes through them keeping your feet cool. They have been superseded by the Fusion Air boots as Sidi's cheap option; but the Cobra's have good ankle protection which it seems the Fusions lack. Just note that they are narrow so if you have wide feet you will need to go up in your sizing.

Edited by dave_boo

Where? Paddock, Panda Rider, Dainese Shop, and several others.

If you want suggestions, give a price range along with what you want (helmets, boots, whatever), and let us know if you have a way of getting stuff brought in from the US other than the post office.

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 1

Paddock has the cheapest options but i think stuff at Panda rider and of course Dainese is much more better quality.

Revit ignition 2 - 11 k - or Dainese Air TEX 3 jacket - 6900 thb -, Shark Raw helmet - 7900 thb and sidi boots as Paddock has discount on them. Any gloves with palm slider, panda rider has good options. And for pants, revit gear 2 leather/mesh from panda rider. Protection, Paddock has good prices on protection parts. Got a back/chest protector from Paddock recently for 3200 thb only CE certified!

Edited by ll2

OT: But have been trying to get a price from Dainese Bangkok for carbon cover gloves

No luck

Anyone know? If not I guess I need to phone as I have used FB & email

Mania call Farukh from dainese and tell my name. He can speak proper English and he is a helpful nice guy and rides a z800 so has good knowledge about gear. I am sending his phone number to you via PM.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Are helmets much more expensive here than in the US? I haven't compared prices but I figure somebody here can answer instantly. I could use a new one but can wait to buy until my next trip out, unless prices are roughly comparable.

Are helmets much more expensive here than in the US? I haven't compared prices but I figure somebody here can answer instantly. I could use a new one but can wait to buy until my next trip out, unless prices are roughly comparable.

depends really. For Example a Shoei x12 is going for around 600 - 700 USD in USA and they sell it for 24 k thb here at Paddock Bangkok which is 740 USD. - and some x 12 models goes for 20 k which is less than USA price.

Also Shark helmets, Shark Raw is going for 7900 thb here but it is around 280 USD which is 9300 thb in USA. Same for Arai too.

And you need to carry one all the way from USA which will occupy luggage space. They charged one of my friend at check in for his helmet due to him carrying a hand baggage already!

I believe, helmet prices is similar to USA prices and sometime less that there but problem is you cannot find all sizes or models here. And sometime those gear shops in USA have some amazing deals if you can catch but mostly hard to catch.

Plus, lets support Thai motorbike gear shops than American ones! so these guys can earn enough money to bring Thailand more and better stuff for better prices!

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

^

Yes, that's the issue- what they advertise and what they actually have on offer (especially in bigger sizes) are usually two different things.wink.png

yes, especially bigger sizes. Shops in Thailand bring here less XL sizes and they finish very quickly. Plus catchy or special colors mostly finish fast here too. Wanted to get a Taichi riding short boot as it has a great discount but only pink+yellow color ones left! Also for example, Paddock has an x12 on shelf now for 19 k thb but only small sizes!

That is a major setback on buying things from motorcycle gear shops here.

But, if you know the shops and workers there well and if you request them, they reserve a proper size for you once the fresh lot arrives. Sometime they even give you a call!

Great guys. A lot of regular (well know) brands available in Bangkok. I am a big XL size, but not 2XL, so choices maybe limited. I have a new unused Shoei in a box somewhere in the shed so that's covered.....but I am keen on getting a good quality helmet for she with the Thai size head. And 2 jackets with good ventilation.

depends really. For Example a Shoei x12 is going for around 600 - 700 USD in USA and they sell it for 24 k thb here at Paddock Bangkok which is 740 USD. - and some x 12 models goes for 20 k which is less than USA price.

Also Shark helmets, Shark Raw is going for 7900 thb here but it is around 280 USD which is 9300 thb in USA. Same for Arai too.

And you need to carry one all the way from USA which will occupy luggage space. They charged one of my friend at check in for his helmet due to him carrying a hand baggage already!

I believe, helmet prices is similar to USA prices and sometime less that there but problem is you cannot find all sizes or models here. And sometime those gear shops in USA have some amazing deals if you can catch but mostly hard to catch.

Plus, lets support Thai motorbike gear shops than American ones! so these guys can earn enough money to bring Thailand more and better stuff for better prices![example

The thing is they have sales in the usa where you can get big discounts for example

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=Alpinestars+2014+Closeout+Sale%3APants

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=Alpinestars+2014+Closeout+Sale%3ALeather+Jackets

This inventory ^^^^ was double in size before i went to bed last night.

Plus, lets support Thai motorbike gear shops than American ones! so these guys can earn enough money to bring Thailand more and better stuff for better prices![example

The thing is they have sales in the usa where you can get big discounts for example

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=Alpinestars+2014+Closeout+Sale%3APants

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=Alpinestars+2014+Closeout+Sale%3ALeather+Jackets

This inventory ^^^^ was double in size before i went to bed last night.

yes yankee, there are sometime amazing deals at times.

But mostly, you cannot find those deals on what you are looking all the time or some are old models that they want to clear the stock.

And for example Shoei x12 is more expensive than Thailand at 755 USD which is around 25 k thb.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=ALL&keyword=shoei&searchpath=3067706&start=201&total=297

I really dont like to fork out hundreds of dollars for shipping and 30 percent custom tax on good on top of these prices and anyway, they dont ship Shoei:(

Of course when you say you ... You dont mean me lol...I like to shop for bike crap and have a spending problem!

When i look at a shoei x 12 at paddock that i would consider they are 24,000/$740.00 baht ..... Maybe i have a advantage being from the usa but i know if i am patient i can get this delivered via post http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shoei-Mens-X-Twelve-X-12-X12-Elias-2-Replica-Full-Face-Helmet-Large-/191154306759?pt=Apparel_Merchandise&hash=item2c81af3ec7&vxp=mtr <18,000 baht or hand delivered <13,000 baht or 400.00. A lot of people may not want to deal with the trouble but i have time to save >6000 baht.

My RX-Q which you saw was only $285.00 a leftover from a bmw dealer in California!

• Like 1

I think some of the oldies are goodies. I hardly need the latest and greatest.

Tnx for the replies to my question. Mulling it over. Helmet does take up a lot of room in a carry-on.

The X12 is due for replacement- there will be some major deals once that happens- I'd wait before buying one now.

exactly! i heard it too from the owner of Paddock. hope they release it fast as i need a helmet fast!

i am waiting for it for a long time though:( for 2 years to be exact.

as i was expecting to see x13 - or whatever they will call it - this year.

but rf1200 is coming to Thailand within 3 months for sure. again owner of paddock told me this.

so if i dont hear anything about x 13 over internet within six months, i will go for rf1200 Beacon high vis or x 12 Kiyonari. one of these, hard decision really as i really like the dragon graphics on x 12 Kiyonari - the best around IMO - , a bit different than my x11 Kiyonari but i think better and of course fr 1200 is the latest technology from Shoei.

post-184955-0-07966500-1400736799_thumb.

post-184955-0-46086500-1400736803_thumb.

post-184955-0-29861800-1400736806_thumb.

post-184955-0-89628700-1400736814_thumb.

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

^

A friend is bringing in an RF-1200 for me in July- the RF series has been the best all-purpose helmet for many years, IMHO- I started with the RF-200 in 1999 and I always buy an updated one- I like my GT-Air as well, but I wear my current RF-1100 more often.

• Like 1

^

A friend is bringing in an RF-1200 for me in July- the RF series has been the best all-purpose helmet for many years, IMHO- I started with the RF-200 in 1999 and I always buy an updated one- I like my GT-Air as well, but I wear my current RF-1100 more often.

actually, RF1200 is a better allrounder and a better option for my needs as well. 3 moth and it will be here for prices around 22 k - 24 k thb.

It provides better airflow, vision, tech etc than X12 of course.

x 11 or X 12 is good for high speed rides and crashes as it provides a good protection and airflow at high speeds but low speeds is a little sweaty.

But hard to live without having a dragon graphics on my helmet in Asia!

• Like 1