9 Karat Condo, Is it a good buy?

I just went to see a 1bedroom, which are 2 units combined and renovated into a one bedroom apartment in 9 Karat condo, near to Big C extra, Pattaya Klang. I thought this condo development was renovated recently, but what I saw was really terrifying, bad shape, lifts are very old, while walking to the long hallway , I saw many units vacant, some have broken windows, and some without doors, why are there so many vacant units? And it doesn't seem to have keycard entry like stated, as I went in this afternoon, there was no security guard at the entrance or on sight when I left, and worst still, buyer needs to pay 40k baht to sinking fund. I would like some feedback from those who knows what is going on in this condo. Thanks.

That place has a lot of problems and has gone to the dogs over the years.. The units were very cheap 8 years ago when it was in better shape.

Mail theft is rife apparently.

Can't help thinking the internal design is very much like a prison wing.

I wouldn't buy a unit in there if it was offered for 500K

Looks like it is getting from bad to worst, I don't mind it looking like prison, actually it is very good for ventilation. but it may get even worst after owning it for few years and time for me to sell. The unit I saw was actually not bad, good renovated, bright, good view and breezy. What is actually going on? Funny thing is why the owners are not taking care of their units? Or are these vacant units unsold units that belong to the project owner?

Edited by Cobrabiker

9 Karat and Nirun, you get what you pay for. Needs work doing as you are aware. I think there are better places availble for the same money, unless of course you are being offered a real bargain but I can imagine what the price will be for a refurbed double unit.

56sqm for 1.4m on high floor, open view, still need to throw in another 100k++, but the size and location is really good, On a second thought I think I will give up buying this as I see so many vacant units, which means no payment for maintenance fee = no money to upgrade = deteriorating = no future buyer = lose money.

Am also considering Majestic condo, is this condo noisy? Breezy? Any one staying there at the moment, I will appreciate your feedback.

If you are refering to Majestic condo in Jomtien , soi watboon it's probably the worst building I have ever seen , I was looking for a cheap place to rent for a friend a few months ago and one of the agents showed me a big size unit , and it smelled terrible inside and outside, lots of cracks in the walls , the swimming pool was closed due to water leakage etc.

Mostly poor russians and other nationalities stayed there.

Avoid at all costs.

Edited by balo

If you are refering to Majestic condo in Jomtien , soi watboon it's probably the worst building I have ever seen , I was looking for a cheap place to rent for a friend a few months ago and one of the agents showed me a big size unit , and it smelled terrible inside and outside, lots of cracks in the walls , the swimming pool was closed due to water leakage etc.

Mostly poor russians and other nationalities stayed there.

Avoid at all costs.

The swimming pool is usable now, and the unit I saw was quite ok, not smelly, but I do agree the bldg is a bit run down, too many junks below at the carpark, but the price is cheap. My concern are noise and smoke, is it noisy from the surrounding bars? And do you get smoke from the surrounding, smoke from burning, do you get clean unpolluted air in these bldg?