Bangkok Police vow quick action on stabbing death

webfact

Police vow quick action on stabbing death
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan Police vowed yesterday quickly to solve the stabbing to death of a homeless man whose body was found stuffed in a sack near an anti-government rally site earlier this week.

Pol Maj-General Thitirat Nonghanpitak, deputy Bangkok police chief, chaired a meeting of police investigators on the case that was told that the man with six stab wounds in the torso and bruised face was Ubon Ratchathani native Kringkrai Prappol, 49, a scavenger who stayed in the area around Phan Fa Lilat Bridge.

He was estimated to have been dead for three days.

After mulling over possible motives such as a personal conflict and checking surveillance-camera footage in the area for clues, police did not rule yet that the homicide was related to politics, even though the body emerged near where the People's Army to Overthrow the Thaksin Regime had camped out.

Thitirat affirmed police would probe this case thoroughly.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-21

• Like 1

More police available now that tea-money collection has been temporarily suspended.

clap2.gif they should thoroughly investigate every death..maybe they are starting to worry about their own necks now....but i doubt it..the arrogance of thinking they are invincible.

More police available now that tea-money collection has been temporarily suspended.

clap2.gif they should thoroughly investigate every death..maybe they are starting to worry about their own necks now....but i doubt it..the arrogance of thinking they are invincible.

I think they are quick to investigate because there might be a link to the PDRC. Probably wouldn't be an issue otherwise. Unfortunately.

• Like 1

Not trying to be callous but seriously, the RTP are going to leave no stone unturned for a homeless poor guy ? hmmm i doubt it

The body was near a rally site. So they are 'hoping' they can brew up some more propaganda.

Not that anyone is stupid enough to keep the evidence at their own gate.

Body stuffed in a sack, huh? Hmmmm ... let's see now ... bodies, bags ... PDRC guards who seem to like putting bodies in bags ... found near anti-govt rally. Hey! case solved. Now which guard shall we arrest ... eenie, meenie, minee

• Like 1

still nothing from Adul - very strange that this man the head of the police has been silent for quite a while now

Depends how you define quite a while - does that include yesterday morning? It never ceases to amaze me how people post without checking first. It's not as if it's hard to use a search engine.

Martial law should ease situation: police chief
May 20, 2014 9:25 am
Police chief Gen Adul Saengsingkaew on Tuesday said he expected the imposition of the martial law will help ease up the situation.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Martial-law-should-ease-situation-police-chief-30234058.html

• Like 1

Didn't you mean "invisible"? wink.png

Scavenger living near the bridge for a long time and dead after the violent People's Army moved in. What is there to investigate?

In your mind clearly a forgone conclusion.

Motive? Evidence? - Don't let that worry you over some good propaganda chance. Just make it up as you go along.

• Like 1

Scavenger living near the bridge for a long time and dead after the violent People's Army moved in. What is there to investigate?

Motive? Evidence? - Don't let that worry you over some good propaganda chance. Just make it up as you go along.

Really not that hard to conclude considering the amount of circumstantial evidence. Violent and armed thugs. Same modus operandi of putting victims in bags. Propaganda is when you pull something from thin air. This really a no brainer. When the police finally conclude their evidence, don't be surprise.

• Like 1

Now that the police has time over since the Army took their place, they could start to investigate all murders and disappearances of the last 20 years.

Ooh No, because they were involved themselves in more than 1/2 of them (and a 3/4) on the order of the King of Dubai...

• Like 1

Have any of you guys actually had personal negative experience with the police that required tea-money? All you guys ever do is bash the police but it seems like they actually solve a fair number of crimes and there are clear examples of good police and detective work in many of the arrests publicized on TV.

Its amazing to me that you never get tired of the same old same old responses to every article that involves Thai Police.

Can you atleast put your heads together and try and come up with some fresh material? Please.

• Like 1

Have any of you guys actually had personal negative experience with the police that required tea-money? All you guys ever do is bash the police but it seems like they actually solve a fair number of crimes and there are clear examples of good police and detective work in many of the arrests publicized on TV.

Its amazing to me that you never get tired of the same old same old responses to every article that involves Thai Police.

Can you atleast put your heads together and try and come up with some fresh material? Please.

Actually, I've had some good experience with The BIB, but it always means that there is a small envelope pushed across, they won't do anything without getting some cash. I guess it's just the way it works, although a bit alien to most people who are from countries that have a functioning criminal justice system.

Let's be fair though, they are not an example of a good and honest force that serves and protects the community as a whole.

I hope that they find the person responsible for the murder, any crime should be treated equally wether it's a homeless guy or a rich person.

• Like 2

still nothing from Adul - very strange that this man the head of the police has been silent for quite a while now

Depends how you define quite a while - does that include yesterday morning? It never ceases to amaze me how people post without checking first. It's not as if it's hard to use a search engine.

Martial law should ease situation: police chief

May 20, 2014 9:25 am

Police chief Gen Adul Saengsingkaew on Tuesday said he expected the imposition of the martial law will help ease up the situation.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Martial-law-should-ease-situation-police-chief-30234058.html

It never ceases to amaze me that banned people, who come back under a different name, still act as if they are the forum police.

Right PPD?

There is no short supply of those who profess to know more about this crime than those actually involved in solving it.

Long distance, armchair-seated, self-appointed subject-matter-experts have a secure and annonymous platform to express their viewpoints, which is an ideal environment for them.

I would suppose that these same sages-of-knowledge would likely be absent in a live, face-to-face debate concerning the same issues. Perhaps, of course, unless it took place in the local pub.

Really not that hard to conclude considering the amount of circumstantial evidence. Violent and armed thugs. Same modus operandi of putting victims in bags. Propaganda is when you pull something from thin air. This really a no brainer. When the police finally conclude their evidence, don't be surprise.

I don't think they are that stupid to dump a body right next to their camp Same as those bombs that they accidentally left behind in their abandoned camp...the day after they left. It's not likely.

Actually, I've had some good experience with The BIB, but it always means that there is a small envelope pushed across, they won't do anything without getting some cash. I guess it's just the way it works, although a bit alien to most people who are from countries that have a functioning criminal justice system.

Let's be fair though, they are not an example of a good and honest force that serves and protects the community as a whole.

Thanks for a well-balanced response. I agree they are not an example of a good and honest force but I get the sense most of these "bashers" complain about their "good & honest" forces back home with the same dislike.