what is wrong with tesco.

meatboy

as my wife shops at least once a week at Tesco's,after this week that will be the last.

doing her weekly shopping which always includes 3kilo of chicken,goes to the counter no have,asks the staff please may I have 3kilo of chicken sorry but you have to wait 90minutes as we sell it at certain times,you got to be kidding,no this is our policy,the wifes patience was running thin before,but as a regular customer to be told you can only buy chicken at certain times of the day that's unusual for me.

so Tesco its 1 customer less from today.

• Like 1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey meatboy, I feel for you and your missus. Think about popping down to Phits once a week, both Tesco & Big-C do the same down here, but they seem to alternate the chicken availability times so you can buy chicken all day with a bit of pre-planning..............tongue.png

Seriously though, the wife does get her chicken at Big-C, specifically the chicken thighs which sell for 49 baht a kilo, cheaper than she can get even at the local market. Tesco have the same price and I think there is a restriction as to how much an individual can buy at one time (possibly 3 kilos?).

The chicken by the way is for her two hairy children (2 x Siberians) which they enjoy with their broccoli when chicken is on the menu.

No joking here.........................sad.png

• Like 1

Where or how can one complain about Tesco in Thailand....anyone have a phone number or email address?

Go to http://www.tescolotus.com/support.php?lang=en and fill in as necessary.

Have used this twice over the years and each time had a fairly quick reply direct from the manager of the store i was referring to in the message.

• Like 1

Here the same in the country on tesco express

Last year bread and tuna fish

This year nothing

Stuff don't know why!

Does tesco have any hotline where I can complain?

I realy miss the bread

The carrots came from china, and the counter woman out always the barcode directly on the carrot that's realy sux

And even the apple comes from nz

After 5 days it still look same and fresh

Like on the first day!

The salad comes from the neon light labour never seen a day light!!

Only 2 good thinks I found on tesco!

I can pay with credit card and is it cheaper then 7, on lactasoy 3 baht difference!

Get the missus to give a call to the store manager (not just the person who answers the phone).

"Hello, I want ot buy chicken, what time do you sell chicken today?"

If he doesn't t know what you're talking about tell him the story. It might change things.

Where or how can one complain about Tesco in Thailand....anyone have a phone number or email address?

Have used this twice over the years and each time had a fairly quick reply direct from the manager of the store i was referring to in the message.

one thing they are able to do is to find out if your a regular customer is by checking your club card no.

but as it goes DOES ANYBODY CARE.

Our local Big C Extra has the opposite policy....

Chicken is at 5PM still often from yesterday. Pork often 2 days old, a few times 3 days. Beef I never saw a fresh one.

On the place for the discounted older staff it sometimes smelled so bad that you can't get close.....

• Like 2

what pissed me off at tesco is that everytime I go in there they have changed their aisles around so you cannot find what you are looking for. For some stupid reason they think it will make you buy more but I simply gave up and shop elsewhere now. They never re stock anythng but that is most shops anyway, its just that tesco seem to be really bad at what is is they are supposed to do, I just put it down to the f****wits that are in charge.

My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!!! facepalm.gif

Thank you for that.wai.gif

I don't think my wife will put in a complaint as this is not the first time she has had an issue with them.

it was a few weeks ago that we needed 2 new air cons.and the thurs.morning they had for the first time an ad.for Samsung and I think it was hitachi 18k.btu.so the wife went along at 8am.only to be told no stock.if you look at their advertisments they seem to be trying to stick it up big c.with similar stock which they don't have.this I posted somewhere on thai visa forum.

• Like 1

Maybe they got confused the chicken to liquor and alcohol as the later can only be

sold at silly, certain hours of the day, like that will make a different if someone

want to get drunk...

After a major refurbishment, our local Tesco started playing background music but at ear splitting levels. I asked the manager to turn the volume down and its been halved ever since.

Generally speaking, I find that if you speak to the manager about your problem, if it is in their power to fix it they will.

According to my experience its only on specials that they do this and not all products. At present they sell chicken at B 49 per kg which is limited to certain sales times. We don't buy much of our shopping with them anymore. Makro is cheaper and have wider range.

Hey meatboy, I feel for you and your missus. Think about popping down to Phits once a week, both Tesco & Big-C do the same down here, but they seem to alternate the chicken availability times so you can buy chicken all day with a bit of pre-planning..............tongue.png

Seriously though, the wife does get her chicken at Big-C, specifically the chicken thighs which sell for 49 baht a kilo, cheaper than she can get even at the local market. Tesco have the same price and I think there is a restriction as to how much an individual can buy at one time (possibly 3 kilos?).

The chicken by the way is for her two hairy children (2 x Siberians) which they enjoy with their broccoli when chicken is on the menu.

No joking here.........................sad.png

the store is the one on the opposite side to the mall in korat.so today she has just phoned me to say she has got 6kilo's of leg/thighs from MAKRO you might ask who eats all that chicken our 55lb Alaskan malamute[husky] along with,

brocli,carrot,cauli,biscuit and a fish oil capsule.my beloved he is.

so come on makro let our good looking boy advertise your chicken.

and I am not kidding either.

So, which is it? Malamute or Husky? They are two different breeds of dogs.

• Like 1

No doubt it would do serious damage to their profit margins.

I can only hope they do not go out of business

I realise you are saying this somewhat tongue-in-cheek but the truth of the matter is that Tesco ARE already losing marketshare and therefore profit to their competition - even in their home base of the UK. As a former leader in the marketplace they have become complacent and it is because of this sort of experience by their once-loyal customers that they are losing ground. Whereas before, their shelves were always well stocked, they now resemble a mouthful of missing teeth and blame 'deliveries from Bangkok' as being inadequate. They have also dropped a number of 'quality suppliers' in favour of lower-priced products which is a great shame and they can no longer claim to be a 'value for money' supermarket.

Get the missus to give a call to the store manager (not just the person who answers the phone).

"Hello, I want ot buy chicken, what time do you sell chicken today?"

If he doesn't t know what you're talking about tell him the story. It might change things.

And while you have the manager on the phone, tell him to SHUT OFF THOSE DAMN SPEAKERS BLASTING NOISE FROM TESCO RADIO!!!........please

• Like 2