Ex-soldier killed, burned in Pattani

webfact

Ex-soldier killed, burned in Pattani
By Digital Content

14006497899401.jpg

PATTANI, May 21--- A retired soldier was shot dead and his body was burned in Khok Pho district of restive Pattani, according to local police.

Sub Lt Perm Phetnui was gunned down and his body later was burned by fire Wednesday morning.

The deadly attack occurred at about 8am in Khao Sai village of Chaihaitok subdistrict when the victim was returning home by motorcycle after morning exercise.

The initial investigation found that the army retiree is an elder brother of Thung Yang Daeng district chief, Sawet Phetnui.

Khok Pho police said they presumed that the fatal assault was carried out by a group of insurgents.

Police have been collecting evidence at the scene and looking for clues to identify possible suspects.

During the investigation, metal spikes were found on the road at and near the scene. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-05-21

Excuse me...metal spikes?...I am at a lose as to why this was included...or what it means...can someone help me out here...?

Presumably to deflate the tires of the motorbike, i take it they are talking about spikes that you lay on the road so vehicles cant pass.

This way the victim had to stop and got killed.

Excuse me...metal spikes?...I am at a lose as to why this was included...or what it means...can someone help me out here...?

To puncture tyres and stop the car or bike or transport vehicle. Wakey wakey!

Presumably to deflate the tires of the motorbike, i take it they are talking about spikes that you lay on the road so vehicles cant pass.

This way the victim had to stop and got killed.

..........and also to deflate the tires of the police/army units that arrives at the scene.

Since nobody is posting a topic:

PATTANI: At least one person was killed and 30 others injured in a spate of bombings and gun attacks in the province’s Muang district on Saturday night, police said.

Erupting almost simultaneously about 7pm, at least 13 attacks took place at three 7-Eleven outlets, the office of the Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA), an electricity post and a petrol station in Muang district.

The entire district was left facing a blackout following the attacks.

The sound of a gun battle was heard near the PEA office, police said.

No details of the dead and injured victims were immediately known.

There were also two other bomb attacks in Rueso district of Narathiwat. No one has claimed responsibility.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/most-recent/411581/multiple-blasts-gun-attacks-in-pattani