Change your Ebay & Paypal Password Now.

phazey

Just tried it again, and my change also went through oke.

As you said

DO it anyways, it won't hurt.

But I am still wondering why Paypal didn't introduce 2-step authentication yet !

Edit: // Added Ps

Ps: It seems they have 2-step but you have to pay 29 USD+ for it, reading somewhere that you can enable sending sms to your phone but haven't found that option yet on their website. If another member has some more info on this, it would be much appreciated wai.gif

Edited by MJCM

eBay Posts Then Deletes Message Urging Users to Change Passwords

TIME.COM

eBay publishes, then deletes message asking all users to change their passwords

engadget.com

Me thinks this is going to be interesting.

UPDATE:

eBay (EBAY) Wants Users To Change Passwords Due to Cyberattack

streetinsider.com

Text from a EBAY PRESS RELEASE

May 21, 2014, 9:10 a.m. EDT

eBay Inc. (Nasdaq: EBAY) said beginning later today it will be asking eBay users to change their passwords because of a cyberattack that compromised a database containing encrypted passwords and other non-financial data. After conducting extensive tests on its networks, the company said it has no evidence of the compromise resulting in unauthorized activity for eBay users, and no evidence of any unauthorized access to financial or credit card information, which is stored separately in encrypted formats. However, changing passwords is a best practice and will help enhance security for eBay users.

[...]

Cyberattackers compromised a small number of employee log-in credentials, allowing unauthorized access to eBay's corporate network, the company said. Working with law enforcement and leading security experts, the company is aggressively investigating the matter and applying the best forensics tools and practices to protect customers.

The database, which was compromised between late February and early March, included eBay customers’ name, encrypted password, email address, physical address, phone number and date of birth. However, the database did not contain financial information or other confidential personal information. The company said that the compromised employee log-in credentials were first detected about two weeks ago. Extensive forensics subsequently identified the compromised eBay database, resulting in the company’s announcement today.

Edited by RichCor

eBay has there own rules and laws

Says when your account hacked

You fully responsible when someone

Buy a airplane in your name!

The problem most eu country's

Have a diffrent law that nothing happens no deal no show!

Ebay must refund fees of fraud

I not change my pw I want know HOW The law works!