Yamah R1 2015

ll2

I am excited to see Yamaha going forward and renewing R1 which is based on 10 years old tech.

Found some information and speculations about it.

I believe it will be a good sportsperson addition and up the ante with 200 hp so other japanese manufacturers can follow the case.

And if they can sell it in Thailand for less than 800 K thb, it will be a winner as well.

Yamaha is very active nowadays with good products so i am sure they will sort this bike out well too.

Looks cool even if it looks like some photoshop!

here are some details:

http://issuu.com/benjaminlindley/docs/pb_march_month_in_bikes

I'm looking forward to all the new bikes that are supposed to be released by the end of this year. Kawa, Honda and Yamaha are the most interesting as regards max tech at a decent price point.

I've heard the ZX-10R drives like a 650 and is already an excellent bike but like all the others it's going to be bumped up to 200 BHP. I've heard that the CBR1000RR is going to be completely redesigned so even this bike and the even better SP version is going to have it's price slashed. Only 500 SP made apparently so tough call. Most exciting for me is the R1. Do Yamaha have the balls to unleash a real monster? Yamaha has the most advanced engine tech although it's getting dated BHP wise, can't wait to see.

I know Yamaha will let you order a factory bike, to race spec, anyone know how to do this?

• 4 months later...