Yamaha R1 2015

eisfeld

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a feeling this will be the big release in terms of 2015 litrebikes. The 2015 S1000RR was announced yesterday and got a lukewarm reception even on the S1000RR forums as the base price has increased 2000 USD and the key new features like DDC are optional extras that you pay more for. It's also a bit "odd" looking although undoubtedly still a great bike, I'm looking forward to viewing one when it gets to Thailand and seeing what options they offer here.

I just have a feeling the all new R1 might surpass it with the crossplane crankshaft and talk of 220 hp. Might also be substantially cheaper.

The Kawasaki Ninja H2 is powered by a forced induction engine, all major motorcycle manufacturers have something like that in development...

If you look how it works with Japanese companies, Kawasaki will introduce first with the help of Honda, then Suzuki will introduce something what is similar but just a tiny bit better... Then Yamaha will introduce something what is faster and more race-track focused... en in the end Honda will introduce something what is more useful, more fuel-efficient without loosing much of the raw power... they will have the most knowledge as from day one Keihin will provide the fueling for the Kawasaki Ninja H2. Keihin is an affiliated company with Honda

Edited by Richard-BKK

we have an open thread here with the same name!

you dont search while opening a thread?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/728183-yamah-r1-2015/?p=7888063&hl=%2Byamaha+%2Br1+%2B2015

Nasty tone again mate. No need. You could just have said: I already opened a thread. Let's continue on that one. Mods please merge threads. Thanks.

wai2.gif

Sorry nicky, there was nothing nasty around but you made it nasty now.

You can say what you like and i say what i want. There was no tone at my post just asked if he is searching beforr posting a topic. What is wrong with that?

Moreover not about the thread i opened. I dont care who opened as long as we dony havr duplicate threads here so please dont drag this to somewhere else.

Edited by ll2

If you look how it works with Japanese companies, Kawasaki will introduce first with the help of Honda, then Suzuki will introduce something what is similar but just a tiny bit better... Then Yamaha will introduce something what is faster and more race-track focused... en in the end Honda will introduce something what is more useful, more fuel-efficient without loosing much of the raw power... they will have the most knowledge as from day one Keihin will provide the fueling for the Kawasaki Ninja H2. Keihin is an affiliated company with Honda

Wow - that is terribly misleading information, to say that those 4 Japanese companies operate like that - and as if they are all equally resourced or the 'same' etc.!

They are four very different companies with significantly different balance sheets. They are associated with different group/parent companies - they are far from the 'same' aside from the fact they compete in the same motorcycle markets. One company started with sewing machines, one with marine/aircraft, one copying a m/c german product, yadda yadda.

In current market conditions, Honda is generally the market leader as they are the biggest etc....so the others will follow in various strategic ways that exploit their points of difference and capabilities the most. The will not 'do things' the way Richard has suggested, and I think many in the industry would think it interesting that he mention Kawasaki as doing something 'first' - maybe in one or two product categories, but they hardly have a reputation for ground breaking innovation - hence our new friend the H2R. And "Kawasaki with the help of Honda"....is Richard for real? They are competitors.

There is a reason for Yamaha's late entry to the 250cc-ish 'sports bike' class, and like many smaller companies effected by the GFC/Lehman shock, the R&D over the last 7 years has been much less than had been previously, and a shift has certainly been seen in the markets in general (away from 'hero' performance, and closer to 'fun' and economical).

Sorry for the rant, but I would take what Richard says with a grain of salt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

below a bike as good as yamaha r1, we will see a new one within 2 years i believe:

1109-sbkp-01-o+2012-honda-cbr1000rr-red-

They are an impressive model. My son has a 2010 for 2 years now and he still hasn't hit it's full potential at Phillip Island. But he does try!

post-63954-0-77431300-1414849601_thumb.j

You could open a thread for the Honda ll2, ahum smile.png

yeah, maybe you search next time before opening a thread?

or you intentionally opened this while there is one under the same exact name?

ahem!

Edited by ll2

below a bike as good as yamaha r1, we will see a new one within 2 years i believe:

1109-sbkp-01-o+2012-honda-cbr1000rr-red-

They are an impressive model. My son has a 2010 for 2 years now and he still hasn't hit it's full potential at Phillip Island. But he does try!

attachicon.gifChris's CBR1000rr Oct 14.JPG

Yeah bsj.

A great bike it is!

Honda cbr1000rr rules:lol:

Back to the topic.

R1 sounds good.

Edited by ll2

^ should find out tomorrow. This will be the pick of the bunch for 2015 litre bikes IMO. Price in Thailand? My guess is 850k if they sell it here. I really hope they do, and back it up with some decent support. Maybe a great bike to own in 2016 if Yamaha open up some good dealerships here and there are no bugs in the first year models...

seems to be all about the electronics on this bike r1 200bhp.......not sure if i like the looks of it yet .certainly the black one rsds post looks better than the blue but the hideous exhaust needs to go.

they didn't say what the power of the r1m would be.

There will be a live stream of the reveal at 9pm CET today on http://www.yamaha-we-r1.com/

JonnyF: would you say you'd prefer an inline 4 for Thailand over the L-twin of your Panigale? I mean in general, not those specific bikes.

Not sure, I've only done 1800 kms on the 899 so far. I find the inline 4 smoother, but I find the Panigale more confidence inspiring. The inline 4 was really easy to spin the rear tyre even though it was 'only' a 600 so I was never 100% confident opening it up unless the road surface was perfect. The traction control on the 899 makes me much more confident opening it up. I'm not really sure if it's the traction control or the longer gap between the power 'pulses' on the twin but I find it easier to ride. An inline 4 litre bike with traction control I guess would be awesome but I'm yet to ride one.

This R1 looks great to me. I really hope they can keep the price similar to the outgoing model. The crossplane crank with DTC should be awesome.

Under 200 kgs, that's light. Gear ratios are interesting, must break out the calculator and do some math.

Looks like the bike is knobbled for high speeds, but I'm quite sure that getting to 309.7 kph is going to happen very quickly.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Edited by Garry

Under 200 kgs, that's light. Gear ratios are interesting, must break out the calculator and do some math.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Yes power to weight is near the Panigale 1199

Yamaha 0.45 Panigale 0.47

Edited by mania