Thai army orders all radio, TV to suspend programming

webfact

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ya cut the news channels but the discovery channel What does that have to do with politics Oh ya maybe the mongoose with revolt

Nice to see you've got your priorities right.

He has a point. Now everyone has to stay at home and stare at the walls. All there is to do is bitch about the coup.

• Like 1

I think the army should impose a blackout at 10 p.m. so the people will stay home and sleep early. Peace will prevail to the nation. biggrin.png

Don't say that too loud or it will really happen...

• Like 1

Ya cut the news channels but the discovery channel What does that have to do with politics Oh ya maybe the mongoose with revolt

Nice to see you've got your priorities right.

Well at least TV's finest are consistent, national crisis going on and they are Whinging .....thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

All television channels in the Southeast Asian kingdom including foreign broadcasters such as CNN, BBC, and CNBC ran a constant military feed

How would that work? The Thai Army controls the satellites in space that transmit the BBC News channel for instance to my dish? coffee1.gif

Edited by Morakot

As of about 9:50 pm, someone finally pulled the plug on all the remaining useful channels being broadcast over Happy Home Cable in BKK, including BBC, Channel News Asia, Fox News and NHK.

They had continued on long past all the regular Thai channels getting yanked earlier in the day. But no more.

Still have internet, luckily I don't watch Thai tv!

No TV i can take - got a Slingbox in the UK (suggest you other expats do the same, unless you want psychological death by Lakorn).

But not internet? Go on Thailand, I dare you, I'll be on the next plane...

... hope you are not one of those complainers "can't do with out beer - They must be sad" people...

I am for the Coup, but do not cut off NCIS, NCIS LA, Hawaii 5 O, Discpovery, History Channel too long, please !!

Jerry

I'm one of those sad people!

Just popped out to the 7-11 before curfew...

Rather, I think one who lives a life without any beer are the sad ones...

Cheers!

Like some other posting glad internet is still on. See that one news channel has free live streaming online. Have found another website for BBC and CNN pm if you want the site

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Interesting that in the last coup here, when the TV channels were blocked out,

they showed soothing footage of His Majesty so the populace would not be

afraid. This time they have not. I wonder why....

I don't follow the logic or thinking behind killing all the normal junk content on Thai TV...

News reports I can understand. But what's the point of blacking out lakorns, etc???

Opiate of the masses and all that. Better watching lakorns than out in the streets.

Still have internet, luckily I don't watch Thai tv!

No TV i can take - got a Slingbox in the UK (suggest you other expats do the same, unless you want psychological death by Lakorn).

But not internet? Go on Thailand, I dare you, I'll be on the next plane...

More details of a 'slingbox', please??!!