Airlines waiving change fees. To and fro from thailand.

choochoo

BA changed my return leg for free (should have been GBP100 or thereabouts) but this was agreed and noted before purchase. It was all to do with the return I actually wanted being more than a year in the future at the time of booking, and as such not bookable. In fact I found their telephone ticketing/sales department to be very efficient and helpful.

Booking any flights/hotels or other tourist related reservations should either come with a disclaimer stating 'you are buying this product/service in full awareness that LOS means the Land Of Surprises and you takes your chances anywhere in this 3rd world banana republic'

• Like 1

Booking any flights/hotels or other tourist related reservations should either come with a disclaimer stating 'you are buying this product/service in full awareness that LOS means the Land Of Surprises and you takes your chances anywhere in this 3rd world banana republic'

Good airlines usually go beyond their requirements in situations like this in order to build up good will.

Thai International allowed me to move my next Tuesdays BKK/BNE return flight 11 days ahead for free even though it was a cheap 14 day limited stay ticket. They said because of the coup they were allowing 1 free change of schedule on each ticket, those that normally incur a fee that is.

Thai International allowed me to move my next Tuesdays BKK/BNE return flight 11 days ahead for free even though it was a cheap 14 day limited stay ticket. They said because of the coup they were allowing 1 free change of schedule on each ticket, those that normally incur a fee that is.

Why on earth would a normal, educated, intelligent, well developed human being want to visit a 3rd world banana republic paying money?

I can understand a monkey or an ape, with bananas involved.

bah.gif

BA refused, have to pay 180Euros for wifey to return to Munich earlier than planned, sent email to BA see if anything comes of it.

Thai Airways are offering a free change for those tickets bought outside of Thailand, changes can be made upto 30 June.