Former PM Yingluck May Be Detained For '3-7 Days'

Lite Beer

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet Suthep is free. sad.png

Yes he is, the only one responsible for this whole matter is free, because the general was always on his side !

Now the General is tearing the economic further down , but nobody cares.... TIT.

So, let's suppose for a moment that Suthep would still be detained, would you change your view that Prayuth is on his side?

Can I second that?

Mind numbing. One day in and they shoot themselves in the foot in respect of promoting reconciliation by being malicious and vindictive. Can it get ant more stupid?

Pay attention . The days of reconciliation and politely asking the parties to agree

are over. It is now hammer time, and we are seeing the results...

....of the 2006 coup.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

unbelievable bunch of losers on this site

Shocking so many people can be so stupid

TIT after all .....

she should have done an eye's right at the time...

prayuthyingluck.jpg

Looks like her right eye is all ready looking at him...

Internationally, the detention of Yingluck will be a Public Relations disaster for the Generals.

Domestically, she is still popular in the provinces, and this will only lead to inflame her supporters.

She has been illegally detained by an illegal authority, acting illegally and in breach of the Constitution.

Detained by power seekers intent on removing a legally established and validated government.

And the nutters on here approve...

It would appear that on ThaiVisa, hatred of Yingluck supersedes respect for rule of law and common sense.

Pathetic.

The anti coup demos will grow apace over the next few days and the violence will begin.

This is a very sad time for Thailand.

Nutters on here?…Some more demonizing I see. The language of the inarticulate which is a red shirt trait.

The PTP breached the constitution during their tenure, but that will be ignored because they support 1 principle of democracy.

The PTP denounce the constitution when it doesn't suit them and defend it when it does.

So what is it? A good constitution voted for by the majority or an evil one where people were forced to vote for it even though the results reflected the opposite of the PTP election victory in 2011 ergo up to 90% of the northerners voted AGINST it.

Depends on the agenda right.

That is PTP logic right there.

Respect for rule of law? Your having a go right? Respect it until it does not suit you then try to pass an amnesty to bypass the rule of law...

• Like 1

Huge International embarassment, but despite all you read about how the Thais like to save face, and the way they smile during confrontations or after a car accident, the military does NOT care what other countries or people think. They took over in 2006, have been in control since 2006 and are re-affirming that now. Toss out a constitution, ignore any existing laws, arrest or detain anybody at anytime for any reason. Disgusted to continually see this in a country full of so many good people

Mind numbing. One day in and they shoot themselves in the foot in respect of promoting reconciliation by being malicious and vindictive. Can it get ant more stupid?

All that I have read from the General nothing has been said about reconciliation ( could have missed it) just that they want to restore peace and order. I believe the General realizes reconciliation with the ousted government was just a buzz word for Big T amnesty. Good luck putting old washed out PTP slogans in the generals mouth.

• Like 2

Huge International embarassment, but despite all you read about how the Thais like to save face, and the way they smile during confrontations or after a car accident, the military does NOT care what other countries or people think. They took over in 2006, have been in control since 2006 and are re-affirming that now. Toss out a constitution, ignore any existing laws, arrest or detain anybody at anytime for any reason. Disgusted to continually see this in a country full of so many good people

If you go back and take a good look at the 2006 coup as well as this one there really wasn't a functioning government.

Internationally, the detention of Yingluck will be a Public Relations disaster for the Generals.

Domestically, she is still popular in the provinces, and this will only lead to inflame her supporters.

For shure

Edited by Mentors

There seem to be several posts on the news forum from young Westerners "looking for a fight". Well guys let me tell you this is not the States or Europe. Stay well away from all conflict and demonstrations. There's plenty of Thais out there that will stick you like a pig whoever you are supporting. You don't speak Thai you don't understand what's going on. Just stay away like the rest of us BOF's do.

• Like 2

For shure

Prayuth has been quick to give a time frame for the detentions. He is seeking a way to appease disparate factions by locking their leaders up in a room together away from advisors and other influences in the hope of hammering out a power sharing deal. His curtailment of elections on the one hand and the refusal to let senators try to appoint a PM on the other suggests a desire to not let any faction carry the day on its own.

Look at it like the mother of all team-building exercises. If he is successful, there will be peace at least for a while and this episode will become an international case study in conflict resolution. If he fails - which means some participants will have remained intransigent under the imposed environment - the consequences will probably include violence on the streets. The stakes are high, but at least for now there is a chance which arguably there wasn't prior to this coup.

As for democracy, it is a prize these people haven't appeared to earn yet.

so why not lock up the Senate President as well?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's already a PR disaster abroad , wgaf about that, here I'm not so sure, so going the whole hog, stay low I say.

I can't believe you don't realise how much the Western leaders know about YS, Thaksin & the PTP criminals and that they are all privately cheering the Thai Army like most of the Thai people I have spoken to are
false

a disgrace...

You bet it is3 to 7 days!!!

I was hoping for 3 to 7 years.

I love the photo though. The caption could be the General saying "This will be were you will be detained for destroying Thailand"

Ohhhh accountability. The PTP's nightmare.

I bet she wished she didn't hold the majority in contempt when she pushed the amnesty bill through now against the will of the majority.

A disgrace is an understatement. She should at least hold her until the NACC rice scheme case is heard then she can't run away when she is found guilty and can go straight to jail.

Bare-faced hypocrisy from someone who goes on forever, endlessly about the principles of democracy and appropriate process ( but apparently only believes it when it's convenient)

yet you do not know the very principles the PTP abused and why the General had to take these steps he did.

There are more than elections….Can you name them?

and yet how can you have democracy without elections?

Out of curiosity. What are these other principles of democracy that you keep speaking of? I could guess but better to hear from you.

Edited by srsv1238

Bare-faced hypocrisy from someone who goes on forever, endlessly about the principles of democracy and appropriate process ( but apparently only believes it when it's convenient)

yet you do not know the very principles the PTP abused and why the General had to take these steps he did.

There are more than elections.Can you name them?

So your solution to abuses of democracy is a military coup....says it all

So can you name them? You state the PTP adhere to democracy. SO what are the principles they adhere too?

I have been asking for 6 months yet not one of you can name them and as you did above ignore it and belittle me which is a UDD trait.

Come on. Name the principles they adhere too then?

why dunt you tell and give your source?

There are more than elections.Can you name them?

So your solution to abuses of democracy is a military coup....says it all

So can you name them? You state the PTP adhere to democracy. SO what are the principles they adhere too?

I have been asking for 6 months yet not one of you can name them and as you did above ignore it and belittle me which is a UDD trait.

Come on. Name the principles they adhere too then?

They are listed on about 30 threads on this site alone and have been the subject of discussion for months. Would you like a link.? I'm more interested in how you, as an advocate of the principles, support a military coup and the detention of the leader of an unelected govt on the basis that the military " had to act". Which of the principles offers that justification or is that your own version?

just like the corrupt courts, they make this stuff up as they go depending on who they favor.

Edited by srsv1238

There are more than elections….Can you name them?

and yet how can you have democracy without elections?

Out of curiosity. What are these other principles of democracy that you keep speaking of? I could guess but better to hear from you.

I agree and yes, guess? You defend the PTP I assume so why defend them. What principles of democracy do you adhere too? Why defend the PTP? Why do you need to guess? Don't you know what they are?

Why is this 6 months and 2 days and yet all I hear is you tell me? You look it up? I have the links and can send them? I am not bothered repeating them? Not one person can tell me from the PTP side. Not one. Why? The excuses are faster and harder than yinglucks defense for the failed rice scheme...

The only characteristic of democracy the PTP adhered to is the ballot box and they have proven twice in the last 3 years they abuse that principle too. Voter fraud….Twice….Even when they had the majority!!! Why? Laziness? Contempt? Yet they are still defended as being democratic!!! Why?

Characteristics such as majority rule and individual rights. PTP fail.

Equal protection under law for all. PTP fail.

Committed to tolerance and compromise. PTP fail.

Freedom of speech. I hear silence. Pun intended.

But there was an election. So the above is irrelevant apparently.

​Elections are a gateway tool for a party that win the election to practice democracy. Elections ARE NOT a ticket to allow the government to ignore the other principles of democracy.

Democracy begins post ballot box..It does not cease post ballot box.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2