Several retired senior police officers summoned in move to curb influence

Lite Beer

If the good General is going to start a serious audit on the finances of all involved, which I definitely support, will he ALSO allow the same serious audit of his own finances, and that of 100 or more other Generals. Now THAT really would be interesting.

He seems to be doing a good job right now and if he can continue without bias and self interest then he could have a place in history.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing to see so many TV members support the removal of the constitution, human rights, freedom of speech, press and protest, in the face of world wide condemnation.

Extreme conditions require an extreme response. Are you seriously saying that just on principle, you would like to see the continued raping of the country by the Shinawatra family and friends and the continued corruption of police and others? Also the continued chaos, injuries and deaths caused by the warring political factions? And do you really believe that human rights and the constitution were being upheld by Yingluck and her cronies?

And do you think a series of rhetorical questions further the debate?

Do you not think you could save resources just by posting 'No. I am right and you are wrong. End of discussion'?

How do you know they're rhetorical questions? They could be answered if Mr Yim wanted. Maybe he hasn't seen them or is too busy.

You just think you're right in thinking they're rhetorical.

• Like 2

Disappointing to see so many TV members support the removal of the constitution, human rights, freedom of speech, press and protest, in the face of world wide condemnation.

Extreme conditions require an extreme response. Are you seriously saying that just on principle, you would like to see the continued raping of the country by the Shinawatra family and friends and the continued corruption of police and others? Also the continued chaos, injuries and deaths caused by the warring political factions? And do you really believe that human rights and the constitution were being upheld by Yingluck and her cronies?

And do you think a series of rhetorical questions further the debate?

Do you not think you could save resources just by posting 'No. I am right and you are wrong. End of discussion'?

And exactly what did YOU add to the debate Mr baboon? Or is it your role to pooh pooh questions that you don't agree with and try to stifle debate?

I don't have to justify myself to shallow thinkers like you but I was quite serious in asking Mr Yim about his seemingly blind support of the usual things mouthed by supporters of the democracy. I wanted to explore why he felt it ok to overlook the corruption of the Shinawatra family and friends. These are not rhetorical questions as they go the the very heart of the current (and past) troubles confronting Thailand.

So I will throw it back to you baboon - either add to the discussion or shut the hell up.

• Like 1

While on curbing influence. I see in the news that after being released by the military one of the North's 'leaders' has said he will now retire from politics and enjoy life.

Enjoy life with the millions he has earned as a political activist which would appear to be a very lucrative profession in this country given that others have also reached the millionaire state of financial comfort while engaged in that profession, one even being able to start his own airline.

But then I suppose you must have the correct boss.

Could it be that there were words of wisdom spoken while he was a guest of the army that helped to influence that decision ?

Or could it be that like his benefactor who has said on many occasions he is finished with politics these are just meaningless words meant to prevent him being watched ?

If the latter I suspect the new authority is not so gullible as to believe everything they hear.

Would be nice of him to tell his Red Shirts followers, which he incited to rise up in arms, to fold back into civil society.

In page 3 of todays news, topic : Hardcore Redshirt 'Rambo' Quits Politics For Life

He says he will.

Mr. Suphon also said he was convinced by his military handlers that "there has been a radical division in the society,” which has convinced him to cease his involvement in politics and dissolve the NVDD.

"I will resign from the Pheu Thai Party and suspend all political activities." Mr. Suphon said. "If anyone uses my name to get involved in politics, the law enforcement officials should strictly pursue legal actions against them."

Only took 6 days to convince him of the error of his ways.

Seems like a lot of TV posters are really happy with things now that the general has taken control. For all your talk of how the Shinawatra family and those around them have raped the country, none of you are really in the know about anything that goes on. Most of the allegations made by you people are nothing more than the rumor mill that goes around and around and around. While I am not at all of the belief that things have not happened which were dishonest, deceitful, and corrupt, how is it you seem to believe that the PDRC, Democrats, or Army generals are any better? How many poor generals do you know? Where did Suthep get his money? You are so happy that the general is going after people supporting the PTP, you are oblivious to the fact that the general has rounded up a large group of people without warrant and without lawful justification, had detained them in a manner which in any other country would be unlawful. Probably okay with you if he shoots them too. I would not be so happy at the course of events just because you dislike the Shinawatras, PTP, Reds or whomever. You all forget how the Democrats came to power under dubious means, how the government of Ahbisit caused the death of over a hundred people. There is almost glee among the anti-Thaksin bunch here and it's all okay because the general is against the side you vehemently hate so much. Doesn't matter that the man dissolved the senate, put aside the constitution and with military power just took over everything. That is interesting thinking to me. So much for the rule of law as long as it is for the "right" side.

Gee I guess you are right Mr Trouble. I wouldn't know anything compared to an intellectual giant like you. I mean, how could anyone in their right mind think that a General who has stopped the reds and yellows killing each other to be trusted. And as for a General that in 3 weeks forced the payment of millions of bahts to poor rice farmers who had been waiting for 9 months that Yingluck Shinawatra had delayed payment to and was likely to continue to do so; I am certain this general cannot be trusted to subjugate the poor and favour the rich and powerful as the world according to you has to be. Not to mention that this subversive General has in a matter of weeks, located and confiscated many weapons and explosives that have no place in any political actions. Are these some of the reasons that you view him as a dangerous person?

Doesn't matter that the man dissolved the senate, put aside the constitution and with military power just took over everything you. Well sir, when the people in power ignore the constitution and try to illegally change that constitution then maybe that's a damn fine time to put things aside and remove the corrupt politicians who were trying to invalidate the ruling of the court and allow their criminal relative back into the country with a full pardon. Which is worse? Allow more corruption and let people change the constitution illegally or suspend the government by applying martial law with the intent of cleaning out the rotten apples before going back to a democracy? And as for you implying that Martial Law is illegal, were you aware that Martial law in Thailand derives statutory authority from the Act promulgated by King Vajiravudh following the abortive Palace Revolt of 1912, entitled Martial Law, B.E. 2457 (1914).

As for you carping on about how the Democrats came to power. What charges were laid and upheld in court against Abhisit? The then Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said soldiers acted in self-defense and it was proven that the protesters were actually attacking the soldiers and not as you imply, the other way around. And even if Abhisit did, despite all evidence to the contrary, order the killings, how is that relevant to what the Shinawatra family and friends have been doing to screw the county whilst in government? Perhaps in your mind, quelling riots and preventing civil war are bad but corruption and theft is quite fine and dandy as long as it is done quietly by those who swore to uphold the laws of the kingdom and act in the best interests of the kingdom. And no, you cannot be excused for buying into Thaksin's delusion that he was the king so the realm belonged to him. .

I am in no way oblivious to the fact that the general has rounded up a large group of people. He did round them up and in some cases detained them. You might however be surprised to learn that the General only detained people who were threatening the internal security of the country because guess what; that's his job. Yes I agree that no warrants were issued but martial law is different to civil law and the actions were very much warranted and supported by millions of Thai nationals.

If the Shinawatra clan truly want to be admired, then why don't they accept the rule of law that you hold dear and now complain the General has ignored? Thaksin was found guilty by the highest court in the kingdom and rather than accept that rule of law and face the music, he ran away overseas and schemed to continue to govern and plunder through his puppet sister and his other rich and powerful mates.

So sorry to trouble you with the facts Mr Trouble. The Trouble is I don't think you can accept that in some situations and for the good of the nation, the rule of constitutional law has to be temporarily set aside due to those in charge not abiding by that law and also that in Thailand, martial law is 100% legal.

Abhisit's orders allowed the army to fire under certain circumstances but those rules were broken. Even Robert Amsterdam has got an American military witness to state that. So Abhisit's government didn't cause all those deaths.

A coup isn't good but if it's handled well maybe things will be better. It wouldn't happen in my country because we wouldn't allow a government t behave the same way.

• Like 2

His lose, by some, has been seen as a loss for the poor, but his misanthropy has caused a lose for them substantially, and now that they are seen by all as the potential and power they are, they can and will no longer be ignored. Being ignored in the past is the cudgel that has been used by the reds as a lever to bring in numbers, but Pandoras Box is opened and will not close. Remove this Shinawatra clan cancer from Thailand, and all will prosper again. And the poor much more from before, in reality, not a faux legend of a demagogue who harnessed their votes with lies and a world class con job.

But I digress.

Chock dee Thailand, best of luck moving forward finally.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

h. There will be blips during the process, but as the last coup did not do the dismantling, imagining like past Thai despots Thaksin would go to ground for 15 years and return as elder statesmen, he didn't and this is the redo chance to force him out of the game.

As you admit yourself Thaksin gave the poor a voice in Thailand for the first time. His abuses are well documented and are part of his legacy but he is also one of the most important characters in Thai history by dint of efforts done by his own hand rather than accident of birth.

"Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad"

... His loss, by some, has been seen as a loss for the poor, but his misanthropy has caused a loss for them substantially, and now that they are seen by all as the potential and power they are, they can and will no longer be ignored. Being ignored in the past is the cudgel that has been used by the reds as a lever to bring in numbers, but Pandoras Box is opened and will not close. Remove this Shinawatra clan cancer from Thailand, and all will prosper again. And the poor much more than before, in reality, not a faux legend of a demagogue who harnessed their votes with lies and a world class con job.

But I digress.

Chock dee Thailand, best of luck moving forward finally.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand.

h. There will be blips during the process, but as the last coup did not do the dismantling, imagining like past Thai despots Thaksin would go to ground for 15 years and return as elder statesmen, he didn't and this is the redo chance to force him out of the game.... (Edit: Ellipses added and spelling fixed)

As you admit yourself Thaksin gave the poor a voice in Thailand for the first time. His abuses are well documented and are part of his legacy but he is also one of the most important characters in Thai history by dint of efforts done by his own hand rather than accident of birth.

"Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad"

I didn't " admit" that, I stated it.

No disputing he has earned a place in Thai history that will be written large.

His ego will adore that, but he also will not be please with large swaths of how that history is written. One must consider a mans work and worth in society in the aggregate, and in context, not solely one point or two. In total he has done far more damage than good, even if his giving voice to the down trodden was a good thing.

It would, as I have always said, been a great thing if it had been done for it's obvious merits, and not just as a route to personal glorification, power and megalomaniac control.

Yes, and a nice quote you end with.

Men of great power sometimes rise to the occasion and control it well, others rise and fall repeatedly at the level of their incompetence, no matter how driven by ego. Sometimes great things happen at the cusp of their competancy, sometimes great destruction. And so rolls on the wheel of history, laying out it's tales, to be viewed in the hindsight of future generations as parables, lessons, and for some models for dreams of their own devising.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by animatic