Retirement visa: 90 day check in

Hello everyone, today I got back from a month's stay in Cambodia and just now have realized that I'm scheduled for my 90 day check in with NongKhai immigration this coming Monday. Now, I'm I still expected to go into immigration, as an expat with a retirement visa, or because the bangkok immigration stamped my passport, I'll be considered checked in. Really don't want to do this immigration thing twice, if I don't have to...anybody with any experience on this matter? Greatly appreciated.

A report of staying longer than 90 days in the country does not need to made unless you are in the country that long.

Your next report will be due 90 days from the date you entered the country including that date in the count.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As I am a newbie to the Thai retirement O visa (scheduled for US retirement Jan. 2015 and will be applying for my 1-year non-immigrant Visa this coming Sept/Oct), can someone give me an overview of what the 90-day Thai Immig. is about, what forms are required,...?

Edited by ubonjoe
Changed to default font

As I am a newbie to the Thai retirement O visa (scheduled for US retirement Jan. 2015 and will be applying for my 1-year non-immigrant Visa this coming Sept/Oct), can someone give me an overview of what the 90-day Thai Immig. is about, what forms are required,...?

It is a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country. You can report 15 days before the report date or 7 days after. You can do the report by mail to most immigration offices.

You complete a TM47 form. Present it and your passport at immigration and they give you a receipt for the report that will have the date for your next report.

1. Staying Thailand long time, no departures or returns, i.e., no out of nation travel...... Go to the Thai Immigration office that handles the area where you live, every 89 or 90 days and hand in the form that says you live (still live) where you said you did with previous reportings, passport too, of course.

2. If you have the Retirement extension of stay and just came back into Thailand, then 90 days after your entry, you must go to the Thai Immigration office that handles the area where you live. The 90day clock starts every time you enter Thailand.

I just get a supply of forms, double sided, from the office I report to (or.... to which I report), fill it out at home and send in Thai wife with signed form and my passport. Done.

General advice to foreigners.... get a Thai person to do as much contact with Thai officials as possible; same for plumber, etc. Relax and get others to do most things. I say "Why clean when your maid does that?"