How to get to hospital during the curfew?

hanoianne

Hello,

I'm pregnant and not far off my due date. I don't own a car and my hospital is 10kms away from where I live. Will I be able to ring for a taxi if I need to get to hospital during the curfew hours? Or should I ring for an ambulance (probably at great expense)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

And be thankful of the curfew if y ou do have to go. At least the ambulance may get you to the hospital in time. I believe they train some police in Bankok in delivery as often people cannot make it.

Yes, but it takes much longer to arrive at the hospital since you have to wait for the ambulance to first leave the hospital and then get to to you then go back - you cut the time in half by going yourself in a cab, and if in labor that is certainly what I would do.

As noted, travel for medical care is exempt and one nice thing about being pregnant is that your situation is evident.

But whether or not you will have difficulty finding a cab, is a a consideration. Do some homework now to get the number of one willing to take you.

• Like 1

Are you alone in dealing with this issue?? I would be more than happy to help make arrangements if needed; this should not be a stressful time for you- birthing a baby i could only imagine is stressful enough. PM me if you need a friend to help. Sabai dee