Internet very,very slow just me?

BillyBobThai

Darkside of Pattaya and my normally blistering 3BB connection has been glacial since yesterday with frequent outages.

I reckon that since the army has shut down all terrestrial television and radio, the much savvier than they think general public is hogging the internet for the news.

My BB is very slow too, but not sure if it is just Thai Visa as that is where I'm having all the problems.

I'm in Bangkok and also have had very slow access to thaivisa for the last hour. I assumed it's because some dimwit posted semi-illegal statements in the news forum.

Been slow last two or three days not only with Thai visa but most other sites are loading very slow or not at all . 3 bb here as well

I'm on True in BKK and it'sbeen slower than normal the past few days but on all sites, not just TVF.

I just put it down to high traffic in the present situation, as mentioned above.

I think we are fortunate to have internet at all.

• Like 1

Issue with TOT and this is nation wide.

Down south there's no problem with TOT. Normal download speeds and no buffering with streaming sites.

Yesterday I had a much higher ping than usual and slightly slower connection speeds but that all went after the terrestrial channels went back to their usual programming.

Darkside of Pattaya using TOT fibre and slow as for TV and also Google itself mainly but not only. Has been like it on and off for a couple of days now. No idea what's going on but feeling a little paranoid.

Enjoy it while you can folks maybe they're playing around with the infrastructure?

any depends on the day, moments. A HUA HIN, for some sites, all is well, for a moment, and five minutes later, it does not work. I have 3BB.

One solution Igoing to test: often the housing is placed in a corner a bit dark. Put aluminum foil between wall and the housing.

Phuket;

my BBB has been slow since the coup. Last week just got a new wireless box as the old one was shot ( according the the tech that came to my house)

Was getting speeds of over 11 Mbps down ( speedtest.net) and still are BUT connecting to any sites is dam slow

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3523090280

i think there throttling back an more than the usua lnumbers are accessing the interent to watch the news.

While on this topic, can I ask posters if anyone has experience with the D-Link Plugnplay broadband extender which is plugged into the electrical wall socket and purports to extend the wifi throughout the wiring? I have a cupla bungalows about 50 feet from my wifi modem and only get 2 bars reception.

Internet reaction speed is down to the PING speed. The lower the PING the faster the internet. You may have 13MB internet, but if your PING is high, say over 25 then the internet will be shit.

I have 13MB with 3BB not BBB and my ping is very high, but when I was in Singapore last week I had a 5 PING and 2MB download. Which do you think was the faster?

It was the Singapore internet.

Thai internet is BS

• Like 1