Thai coup leader disbands Senate, assumes law-making power

george

He's cutting out the cancer piece by piece.

He is the most malignant part of the cancer himself. You can see the lust of power and the insane evil in his countenance. Every new photograph I see of him his eye's look more distant and wild with self delusion.

No that's your Facebook page. Look at the TV!

• Like 1

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not going to read through 23 pages of red crowing this morning.

Well Thaksin has finally got the complete coup he has been after for the last few months.

With international condemnation that he will take as support for his previous cock up of an administration and himself.

Amsterdam has apparently come out with a long tirade about the coming Govt in exile, no doubt to be headed by glorious leader himself.

Still has to pay a country to host it but that shouldn't be a problem.

I suspect the arms found so far are only a dot on the i of the Thaksin evil and in the next few days we will see the organized bombings and killings start, although I sincerely hope not.

Then after a suitable period of death and destruction the hero can return to reunite the ruins of a country he has single handedly destroyed.

Thaksins dream.

Thailands nightmare.

Thaksin didn't want the coup,Suthep did,Suthep has won,this coup is the end for Thaksin

Er yes, I've just noticed this post ! :)

I'm confused :)

It is up to the Thais to revolt/resist/riseup to a military dictatorship who are a bunch of hooligans removing a democratic constitution. Obviously the government and opposition could not solve their problems but the military has never resolved problems in Thailand ...but only make them worse. Before stupid people ruled Thailand....now awfully stupid rule the country believing they are God. These army generals should all be hanged for treason. Thailand rise up and fight for true democracy.

You must have brown eyes.

Well Thaksin has finally got the complete coup he has been after for the last few months.

With international condemnation that he will take as support for his previous cock up of an administration and himself.

Amsterdam has apparently come out with a long tirade about the coming Govt in exile, no doubt to be headed by glorious leader himself.

I suspect the arms found so far are only a dot on the i of the Thaksin evil and in the next few days we will see the organized bombings and killings start, although I sincerely hope not.

Then after a suitable period of death and destruction the hero can return to reunite the ruins of a country he has single handedly destroyed.

Thaksins dream.

Thailands nightmare.

Thaksin didn't want the coup,Suthep did,Suthep has won,this coup is the end for Thaksin

Er yes, I've just noticed this post ! smile.png

I'm confused smile.png

Being a supporter of thaksin I can understand the confusion..

So many of you cannot accept whats going on here in Thailand. If you feel it's so bad, why not move back to you home country or to Zimbabwe as someone proposed. I'm a farrang work and live in this Kingdom and I do accept if strong measures are taken to root out corruption and any other issues.

We are guests in this country and not citizens. If some cannot accept that fact, they always have the freedom to leave Thailand and settle down in another "paradise".

Brilliant! Never read that before on TV! The old "if you don't like it then leave". Indeed it's so original that you felt the need to say it twice. Thank you for enlightening us all.

" Brilliant! Never read that before on TV! The old "if you don't like it then leave". Indeed it's so original that you felt the need to say it twice. Thank you for enlightening us all. "

Uh, ther ehave been posts like that on TVF since 2010..where were you?

Sarcasm: "the use of irony to mock or convey contempt."

BTW, irony is NOT magnetic!

Thaksins dream.

Thailands nightmare.

I'm confused smile.png

Being a supporter of thaksin I can understand the confusion..

djjamie, we've still got to sort out this issue about freedom of speech and how Thaksin suppressed it ! :)

Now then, we both know that Thai Visa will be closed down if we see negative comments about the coup. Yes, the moderators are busy removing all the anti-coup comments on Thai Visa. We know that.

Do you accept that people MUST stop making negative comments about the coup ? Neither of us wants to see Thai Visa closed down. Was Thai Visa ever closed down previously, due to people making comments against any political group ? Yes, we've entered into a new era, we all know that.

:)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Maybe Prayuth's fellow Directors at Thai Military Bank will ask him to take a hike when the economy takes a dive.

Well that shows your way out of touch with who, today, owns TMB, including a sizeable shareholding by a high profile highly credible European bank.

You mean to tell me that foreigners own more than half the voting shares in TMB - I must inform the General.

Thaksins dream.

Thailands nightmare.

in my view neither "want" a coup per se, but both will deal with it as part of their strategy.

Suthep will be happy if Mr T and his clan are indeed removed from power, whether through a coup or else. Early on in his campaign he will have hoped for a coup as the most likely way for that to happen, but over the course of the protests other means appeared possible too e.g via the Senate.

For Mr T when all other options of trying to continue clinging to power are lost (as they are and were now), then a coup could be the only thing left for him to try to get back into power again a few years down the line - spin the message of democracy and form a new party from exile etc.

All it needed to force the army out eventually was consistent refusal of compromise (despite utterly dysfunctional administration and overall situation), and then some serious threat of more intimidation, violence and security incidents.

My guess is that this is what happened. The army knew enough of such threats to step in before they materialised, and the first few finds of weapons and cells so far seems to confirm this. There will be more to this than has been publicly released, guess there will be more news soon.

So no, i think the coup is not the end for Mr T quite yet. Whether his attempts however will gain momentum, and sufficient supporters, and international support, is another question, but I doubt it. i hope there will be enough evidence of wrongdoings soon and that will discredit themselves sufficiently.

for the next weeks a lot will depend on how well and peacefully the army handles the situation even in the face of armed confrontations that they may have to encounter, and on what further evidence of wrongdoings of people formerly in charge is found, and how quickly.

At least there is hope now.

Mr fcbkk, thank you for your constructive comment regarding this coup.

We might be in different camps regarding how much we like/dislike Thaksin, but constructive comments by anybody from any side is good. :)

But people who turn up here, making silly comments to cheer on the coup, these people make the pro-coup people look ridiculous ! YOU have not made the anti-Thaksinites look ridiculous. Obviously, some of the pro-coup people here are a 'send up' of the pro-coup people. They might not realise that using the coup as part of a comedy act might damage the pro-coup camp. :)

• Like 1

The Thai Army had dropped the hammer !

About time I suppose the

Country was being raped by a woman that could not run a 7 Eleven without supervision. The idea was for her to help the people doing it tuff here. Anyway how she came to power a absolute joke :) LOL BROTHER exiled and SISTER run country. GIVE ME A SPELL !

She should be forced to pay farmers from her brothers pockets or jailed. !

The political party's need to be carefully accessed and immigration should welcome foriegn people with open arms and smile or there country will fall !!!

I praise the Thai Army chief and I sure they have the best plan

Stay happy!

Hmmm. Not many on here defending the coup now are there?

Well, I'm one who does.

1) He didn't seize the power from civilians - he actually picked it up from the gutter where it was for months.

2) He did give them a choice - talk to each other, find a solution, compromise... The stupid Leaders of all kinds of colour failed.

3) Any country needs Law, Order and some kind of Procedural process to function. This country didn't have it and was going down the drain.

4) He is giving this country Law, Order and Procedure. Nobody likes what he is giving - it is un-Democratic! And what did you expect from the Army General - Liberalism?

5) I have said it before - This Country Is Not Fit For Democracy! Period. It never had it. At 300 bt per voice this country is for grab to whoever has the purchase money.

IMHO if he does not take sides and acts heavy-handed evenly - good luck to him.

IMHO USA once again said too much too early. Obama may be not a bad human being but for a President he must choose his 'Kerry's' more wisely.

IMHO Thailand can afford to miss on American petty cash of $10 M per annum.

Sorry to piss off so many people here, but this is how I think.

Yeah, well things are just dandy now, but if this Junta continues to stamp on opposition, and delay free and fair elections, there will be heavy repercussions for Thailand and maybe it won't be such a nice place to retire to after all.

I wonder, do you read what you write? Maybe you think what you say?

1) Things are not dandy now! I like what is happening as little as the next guy. But look what these imbeciles did with whatever little Democracy they had...

2) If free and fair Elections Thais wanted and needed why allow to sabotage them?

3) I am retired here - repercussions or not. And why Thailand will stop being a nice place for me? Thais politics? Not my business...

4) Which brings me to the point: " Are you retiring here in search of Democracy?".

I have a feeling that there is much more to this coup, and today's consolidation of power, than we are being told. sad.png

@LuukKoeyKorate: yes

I had a Thai trying to explain it to me today, behind closed doors (no, not a dark room biggrin.png ), the rumors that Thais whisper in private.

It was getting so outrageous, I had to stop him half way. biggrin.png

Needless to say, I cannot repeat it (and I also don't believe it), but let's just say it has been

many years leading up to this, and YL and Suthep are not the only ones taking orders.

The 'story' got outrageous at one point (which I won't repeat, it would be the biggest scandal this world has ever seen), but even more outrageous when

the missing MH 370 was brought into play blink.png

This person did have one thing right: a foreigner can never really understand what is truly behind what has been happening

the last 6 months. What we see are just excuses given to hide the real power struggle.

What's amazing is, most Thais know it but will not speak of it.

Having nightmare's all the time?

Nope, none whatsoever.

..a wise move if he wants to be seen to be even-handed ( not that I agree with closing legislature)

that's a fair point. He does seem to want to be seen to be treating both sides equally; and realize that lurching from one to the other and back again isn't going to deliver a long term solution.

Wonder how he will respond to Thaksin's attempts to establish " a government in exile".

..a wise move if he wants to be seen to be even-handed ( not that I agree with closing legislature)

that's a fair point. He does seem to want to be seen to be treating both sides equally; and realize that lurching from one to the other and back again isn't going to deliver a long term solution.

Wonder how he will respond to Thaksin's attempts to establish " a government in exile".

I doubt he will acknowledge it at all, even if it's more than the rumor it probably is. Efficient action is to do exactly what he is doing, which is to intern the possible heads of any revolutionary movement, determine the threat and who else may be involved, shuffle suspected co-conspirators into non-strategic government posts, and then generally diffuse and put under close observation anyone else of concern.

• Like 1

so now the man with the big guns is going to make the laws !?

So why not, the only laws the PTP accepted were the ones they made or the ones that helped enhance their bank accounts all other laws of the country were ignored.A new set of laws hopefully will overcome the loop - holes they were able to jump through as well as any future government/ politicians.

Wow, the guy is really showing his colors, ain't he? A dictator of his ilk won't stand much longer for a free flow of information on the internet. I'm afraid our days are numbered.

They didn't cut it last time. Too much stuff depends on it these days, I suppose.

This coup has few similarities to "last time."

Your right, but it does have a lot of similarities to the 1991 coup, which lead to "Black May" in 1992. I think we may seeing history repeating itself, sadly!

Under the PTP over the last several years BlueSky was never taken off the air. I cannot see your logic here. The BP and Nation have not been censored, until recently. There was no curfew imposed.

Oddly, I am also glad that Uncle sat down with the unruly stepchildren and said "Play nice, or don't play at all." They said "No" and he is giving them ALL a time out. I hate agreeing with the gist of what someone said and being baffled at the particulars.

The only reason PTP didn't shut down Blue Sky is because the CC stopped them.

Google:

Corruption index Thailand

Corruption perception index Thailand

Corruption situation index Thailand

If you have lived here for a very long time you would know that vote buying exists throughout the country, Bangkok included.

You make the assumption that the only reason that PTP were elected was due to vote buying,

This issue has been discussed at length and the conclusion made by the Democrats themselves (Korn amongst others) was that it had little or no influence on the outcome of the last election.

The reality is that a vast amount of Bangkoks population is in fact made up of the rural poor who migrate here for work.

Many policies of PTP were directed at them.

If their votes were to be counted in Bangkok it would have been a landslide victory for PTP and the Democrats would only have the south in their control.

I doubt very much that voter registration reform is an issue that will be on the table.

I doubt PTP will be in existence for very long if has not been fully dismantled already. My suggestion was objective to the "them and us attitude" of both sides. If you are happy with the Status Quo, be so. I don't have power to change laws. I just believe if the rural people we assimilated better into Bangkok society then it would be positive. I am prepared to live under any responsible government, not one that divides.

Most rural people can't even send their kids to a Bangkok school because they are not registered in Bangkok.

Hmmm. Not many on here defending the coup now are there?

Well, I'm one who does.

1) He didn't seize the power from civilians - he actually picked it up from the gutter where it was for months.

2) He did give them a choice - talk to each other, find a solution, compromise... The stupid Leaders of all kinds of colour failed.

3) Any country needs Law, Order and some kind of Procedural process to function. This country didn't have it and was going down the drain.

4) He is giving this country Law, Order and Procedure. Nobody likes what he is giving - it is un-Democratic! And what did you expect from the Army General - Liberalism?

5) I have said it before - This Country Is Not Fit For Democracy! Period. It never had it. At 300 bt per voice this country is for grab to whoever has the purchase money.

IMHO if he does not take sides and acts heavy-handed evenly - good luck to him.

IMHO USA once again said too much too early. Obama may be not a bad human being but for a President he must choose his 'Kerry's' more wisely.

IMHO Thailand can afford to miss on American petty cash of $10 M per annum.

Sorry to piss off so many people here, but this is how I think.

Yeah, well things are just dandy now, but if this Junta continues to stamp on opposition, and delay free and fair elections, there will be heavy repercussions for Thailand and maybe it won't be such a nice place to retire to after all.

I wonder, do you read what you write? Maybe you think what you say?

1) Things are not dandy now! I like what is happening as little as the next guy. But look what these imbeciles did with whatever little Democracy they had...

2) If free and fair Elections Thais wanted and needed why allow to sabotage them?

3) I am retired here - repercussions or not. And why Thailand will stop being a nice place for me? Thais politics? Not my business...

4) Which brings me to the point: " Are you retiring here in search of Democracy?".

Well, I suppose one reason Thailand might not be a nice place is that it becomes a military dictatorship where the military run the country.

Foreigners would be less welcome because soldiers don't think in terms of their value to the economy, they think in terms of security of the regime.

gee, why am I having to explain this to you, obviously you are just a bit thick.

yes, of course I prefer to live in a democracy, not one run by facists.

An earlier poster said something which is so true.

Can you name one country run by a military junta that has prospered and is a desirable place to live?

No.... of course not, they all eventually become horrible oppressive places where human rights are not respected, anyone opposing the regime is silenced etc etc.

And look here.... an academic who has spoken out against the Junta has already been told he will be arrested if he returns.

Good start eh?

Still, there's always plenty of facists willing to go along with this sort of crap, especially here on TVisa.

• Like 1

Wow, the guy is really showing his colors, ain't he? A dictator of his ilk won't stand much longer for a free flow of information on the internet. I'm afraid our days are numbered.

They didn't cut it last time. Too much stuff depends on it these days, I suppose.

This coup has few similarities to "last time."
Your right, but it does have a lot of similarities to the 1991 coup, which lead to "Black May" in 1992. I think we may seeing history repeating itself, sadly!

There were no redshirts/yellowshits back then. That adds a whole new dimension that is much more dangerous.

Thaksins dream.

Thailands nightmare.

I'm confused smile.png

i wouldn't take too much notice of Robby, he's been living in a parallel universe for quite a while now.

Well, I suppose one reason Thailand might not be a nice place is that it becomes a military dictatorship where the military run the country.

Foreigners would be less welcome because soldiers don't think in terms of their value to the economy, they think in terms of security of the regime.

gee, why am I having to explain this to you, obviously you are just a bit thick.

Can you name one country run by a military junta that has prospered and is a desirable place to live?

No.... of course not, they all eventually become horrible oppressive places where human rights are not respected, anyone opposing the regime is silenced etc etc.

And look here.... an academic who has spoken out against the Junta has already been told he will be arrested if he returns.

Good start eh?

Still, there's always plenty of facists willing to go along with this sort of crap, especially here on TVisa.

Bubble burst again. China is run by an Unelected Government. Everyone gets on fine unless you cross the line. Before you all start with the Human Rights BS please try to manage your own family before you criticize a government that has to manage over a billion people. Hong Kong and Macau are great places to live. Singapore isn't exactly democratic. The Good old US of A is a country were you get to chose between the Devil or Satan. Please wake up. Great Leaders make Great Countries not politicians.

It is up to the Thais to revolt/resist/riseup to a military dictatorship who are a bunch of hooligans removing a democratic constitution. Obviously the government and opposition could not solve their problems but the military has never resolved problems in Thailand ...but only make them worse. Before stupid people ruled Thailand....now awfully stupid rule the country believing they are God. These army generals should all be hanged for treason. Thailand rise up and fight for true democracy.

90% of Thai people do not know what Democracy is. Unless one has lived in a TRULY Democratic country for at least a year, one cannot understand Democracy.

I doubt if many, if not any, Red shirt leaders or followers have spent any time in a truly Democratic country. Therefore, they do not know what they are talking about.

My hope is that the coup leaders can and do initiate the reforms necessary to start Thailand on the road to a True Democracy. If they do, I would be willing to bet that they would have the blessing of HM the King. HM the King cares much more about the people of Thailand than any politician I am aware of.

I wish the very best for all Thai people

• Like 1

So many of you cannot accept whats going on here in Thailand. If you feel it's so bad, why not move back to you home country or to Zimbabwe as someone proposed. I'm a farrang work and live in this Kingdom and I do accept if strong measures are taken to root out corruption and any other issues.

We are guests in this country and not citizens. If some cannot accept that fact, they always have the freedom to leave Thailand and settle down in another "paradise".

Brilliant! Never read that before on TV! The old "if you don't like it then leave". Indeed it's so original that you felt the need to say it twice. Thank you for enlightening us all.

Why shouldn't people have opinions? Why does it hurt if people have different ideas? This is exactly how people are getting oppressed. No individuality, no ideas, no thoughts but resignation.

Please, this is a forum which is a tool to allow discussions on various topics. If you feel so bad in here why don't you deregister to save yourself from this great grief?

Good start eh?

Bubble burst again. China is run by an Unelected Government. Everyone gets on fine unless you cross the line. Before you all start with the Human Rights BS please try to manage your own family before you criticize a government that has to manage over a billion people. Hong Kong and Macau are great places to live. Singapore isn't exactly democratic. The Good old US of A is a country were you get to chose between the Devil or Satan. Please wake up. Great Leaders make Great Countries not politicians.

So you're saying China is a great place to live????????????

Are you nuts?

Where they can resume your house, kick you out, bulldose it flat and build a factory run by the state while you go on the "resettlement" list (only if you keep your mouth shut and don't complain. Ha ha yeah wonderful.

Singapore locks up opposition politicians on trumped up charges and then you go on to say the USA .....what?..... blah blah

I think you are a facist plain and simple.

The old Brits eking out their retirement on a pension in Thailand will be on the list for "resettlement" soon enough when the military get around to deciding who and what is "good" for Thailand.

• Like 1

The Thai Army had dropped the hammer !

About time I suppose the

Country was being raped by a woman that could not run a 7 Eleven without supervision. The idea was for her to help the people doing it tuff here. Anyway how she came to power a absolute joke smile.png LOL BROTHER exiled and SISTER run country. GIVE ME A SPELL !

She should be forced to pay farmers from her brothers pockets or jailed. !

The political party's need to be carefully accessed and immigration should welcome foriegn people with open arms and smile or there country will fall !!!

I praise the Thai Army chief and I sure they have the best plan

Stay happy!

How did she come to power??? By democratic elections??? What the h..k are you talking about???

Has she ever supervised a 7/11????