Beer at Swampy

On arrival downstairs after the taxi booths -at the far left end of the terminal- there is a shop mainly catering to airport staff and selling most of their stuff at normal prices.

I get my Leo at 35 a can...

On arrival downstairs after the taxi booths -at the far left end of the terminal- there is a shop mainly catering to airport staff and selling most of their stuff at normal prices.

I get my Leo at 35 a can...

Havent been there for a long while, but they never used to sell beer at all. I used to bring one down from upstairs. It is a nice quiet spot and the only place where you can sit outside and kill time at Swampy. I now settle for a large bottle of my favourite beer,which is, shock! horror! cheap and cheerful Archaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, from the 7/11 just outside the rail link in the basement. Again nice and quiet there with a few eateries and limited seating. I find all the other Thai beers sweet compared to Archa. But they dont sell it in many bars.

I like to run the gauntlet first: Airline Check in, Immigration, Security. After that it's freewheeling and it's worth paying for a couple of good drinks. The Biz Class lounges can be an extra walk and hassle to get into. KISS is my motto.

Asia Books, before check-in, are excellent, but for beer??

EDIT: I stay off the beer by then anyway. Saves getting up and down for P-visits during the flight

Edited by Bpuumike

• 4 weeks later...

Asia Books at gate C. I too like to get all the formalities out of the way first before tucking into beer. Don't need pit stops on a 45-minute flight:-).

Thanks for your posts/topic.

Same as you I prefer to get all the formalities out of the way.

Last time I was airside at Swampy and fancied a quick beer before the flight, first shop I checked was 220 baht, declined that, second shop was 280 baht..

Just for a small Singha, I went without.

It will be Asia Books next time then, cheers.

smile.png

Asia Books at gate C. I too like to get all the formalities out of the way first before tucking into beer. Don't need pit stops on a 45-minute flight:-).

Last time I was airside at Swampy and fancied a quick beer before the flight, first shop I checked was 220 baht, declined that, second shop was 280 baht..

smile.png

That must be past immigration

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

smile.png

That must be past immigration

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Indeed, read my earlier postwink.png