Ducati Scrambler 2015

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OmegaRacer is right. I got this link (by email) from Ducati.

And be sure not to miss the Scrambler Beach Party on Friday evening, July 18th!
Come and enjoy a party full of creative fun to celebrate the new motorcycle in true Scrambler style.

http://ducati.mag-news.it/nl/n.jsp?7g.Boa2.FJmO.C8S.QH.Lzpz

10384833_448335861969587_606031311703960

Edited by Nickymaster

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

OmegaRacer is right. I got this link (by email) from Ducati.

And be sure not to miss the Scrambler Beach Party on Friday evening, July 18th!

Come and enjoy a party full of creative fun to celebrate the new motorcycle in true Scrambler style.

http://ducati.mag-news.it/nl/n.jsp?7g.Boa2.FJmO.C8S.QH.Lzpz

10384833_448335861969587_606031311703960

Getting there. smile.png

Ducati-Scrambler-Pictures-600x466_zps74e

Ducati-Scrambler-Pictures-Rear-454x600_z

Edited by Nickymaster

The Scrambler Ducati will be unveiled at Intermot 2014 (aka the Cologne motorshow) Tuesday, 30 September, 2014. Meanwhile, the unfolding of the Scrambler launch campaign can be followed via the dedicated website at www.scramblerducati.com. Every day, up to September 30, an image with a protagonist and a detail of the bike will be posted, all in perfect Scrambler style.

The Scrambler will be on sale in Ducati Dealerships starting from early 2015.

I was really excited about the new Scrambler, but that stupid marketing campaign really killed it for me. First they said they would show the bike at the WDWeek, but all we got were crappy photos, wannabe trendy hipster videos and another deadline for the unveiling.

Truly annoying if you ask me.

I was really excited about the new Scrambler, but that stupid marketing campaign really killed it for me. First they said they would show the bike at the WDWeek, but all we got were crappy photos, wannabe trendy hipster videos and another deadline for the unveiling.

Truly annoying if you ask me.

Agreed. Marketing hype disguised as 'leaks' don't do it for me.

Yup that marketing campaign with the artsy pictures doesn't resonate at all with me. It just plain out doesn't excite me about the bike.

I want to see the bike, I want to know what the vision for it was, hear what challanges they faced making it the way it is...

Tell me what's great about it, why I would want one. The pics I posted tease me a bit, that's good. But they are a few in between a sea of unrelated stuff.

But it's good that Ducati is making this bike. It's different enough from their other models and probably great fun. I'll keep an eye on it.

For a marketing campaign done right, I would point to the running Ninja H2 one. They tease us with new details about the bike, they make it sound like a real achievement in engineering which makes me look forward to the unveiling and first reports. The campaigns around the BMW R nineT were also pretty cool and KTM is running their challenges right now which I think is great as well.

Since there aren't any Scrambler pics forthcoming, I'll post a couple of my brother's new addition to his collection.

2000 Ducati 998R, 59 out of 700 made, 2.800km on the clock, Termignoni exhausts, Marchesini wheels.

I'm very excited and I hope he will let me test it when I'm home for holidays!

post-159090-0-11866900-1411484835_thumb.

post-159090-0-09669100-1411484850_thumb.

Edited by OmegaRacer

$8595 in the US. Not sure where it's assembled so no idea on LOS price.

I heard assembled here from import parts.

My guess price will be around Bt.510,000.

The Scrambler will be the cheapest Ducati on the market. Now the cheapest Duc is A Monster 696 and it costs 9,295 USD in the US. A Monster 796 is 10,495 USD.

In Thailand a Monster 796 costs 449,500 THB. So I believe the Scrambler should be not more than 399,000 THB.

Yes I assume it will be assembled in Thailand too. Maybe not the first lot.

A price of 8000 Euro was published. The Monster 796 like Nickymaster said costs 450k THB and in Europe 10k Eur which is about 409k THB.

8k Eur is about 328k THB so I'd say it will probably cost 350k THB or a bit more. Tops 400k THB but that would be already quite expensive.

At 350k it would be a good deal in LOS in my opinion.

Performance a bit disappointing at 75HP / 8250RPM and 68nM / 5750RPM with those 803cc and a quite small tank at 13.5L but I guess the bike overall is quite small and light so might make for an excellent ride.

Styling wise I think it looks good. I would probably prefer some other colors but there is nothing ugly. It has a nice easy-going vibe to it and looks comfy :)

Might turn out to be a great bike for Thailand.