Angthong locals use widow’s panties to stop rain

webfact

Angthong locals use widow’s panties to stop rain
By Coconuts Bangkok

panties.jpg

BANGKOK: -- In Thai superstition, there are many ways to prevent rain from ruining a well-planned event. The most popular method is simply making a virgin girl pluck some lemongrass from the ground, and one of the the lesser-known superstitions involves using the red panties of a widow like a flag.

After all the hard work he had put in to prepare for his nephew's Buddhist ordination, Amnaj Cheipon, 50, would not let the storm clouds that had built up over his party in Angthong province ruin the big day. Nobody wanted the outdoor feast to go to waste.

Maybe the province was suffering from a shortage of virgins, so a local came up with an idea for Amnaj to magically stop the rain from ruining the ordination, find a widow who is willing to let him put her red panties on a bamboo stick.

Yes, the panties have to be red only. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/05/27/angthong-locals-use-widows-panties-stop-rain

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-05-27

• Like 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Province suffering from shortage of virgins".....how big is the province anyway?

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

wasn't me. Title could have been more creative. Locals use Thong to Stop Rain...

• Like 2

Well if you continue reading the article in the link, it didn't rain.

Maybe they are onto something and mock farangs on Thai social media for NOT using this magic.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

This will no doubt be used by the usual suspects as evidence of a red cabal, maybe even a redshirt village whistling.gif

Didn't cross my mind. It must be you who always associates color with different political groups. coffee1.gif

Give it a break man. Grow up.

Sense of humour failure, nickymaster? Though on reflection perhaps that's wrong judging by your posts.......

This will no doubt be used by the usual suspects as evidence of a red cabal, maybe even a redshirt village whistling.gif

Didn't cross my mind. It must be you who always associates color with different political groups. coffee1.gif

Give it a break man. Grow up.

Sense of humour failure, nickymaster? Though on reflection perhaps that's wrong judging by your posts.......

Ahh it was a joke.....Whatever fab4.

Edited by Nickymaster

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well if you continue reading the article in the link, it didn't rain.

Maybe they are onto something and mock farangs on Thai social media for NOT using this magic.

Not so , we always fly a pair of red nickers borrowed from the widow down the street, when we wash the car, it has never rained however the car has been charged by a irritable bull three times and the widow has lodged six complaints to the local Tossers ,that her washing is being pinched of her clothes line , but as I have said, cheesy.gif it never rained.

"Province suffering from shortage of virgins".....how big is the province anyway?

The 'province is suffering from a shortage of virgins.'

Why pick on that one?

They did find one virgin.... but he was 38 and didn't know how to pluck lemongrass.... clap2.gif

You must have an alarm set on TVF for the word ' red ' or something. From there you kick into some sort of silly political mode irregardless of the topic.

• Like 1

They did find one virgin.... but he was 38 and didn't know how to pluck lemongrass.... clap2.gif

fab4?rolleyes.gif