Travel to Thailand

Fabulousheart

Ok there seems to be a lot of conflicting reports about visiting Thailand right now. I had booked a flight to arrive June 7 for a month.

I have been going to Thailand for many years and was there during the last coup or two lol.

I would loose the cost of my flight apx 4k and condo rental.

My friends are saying this coup is very different.

So should I give up on the money and stay home or should I just say it Thailand?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I am arriving on the 6th of June and I have not considered cancelling my trip. Pack your bag.

With the curfew scaled back to Midnight to 4.00am already, it will be probably be over by the time we arrive.

Edited by P76

OP,

Your friends are right this coup is different but you are not a Thailand "newbie" but experienced traveling here. I would say not to cancel your trip but I can understand how anybody under your circumstances would. You must evaluate your own tolerance for risk.

I'm in Chiang Mai and no problems here. The curfew is being relaxed and everything is normal except for about 50 armed soldiers stationed around Thapae Gate. They are friendly and are kept busy by posing with farangs for photo shoots.

• Like 1

Chiang Mai, Green Lake Hotel..1000 THB..Nov. 2012 probably cheaper now..

bbc - just now..American Sec. Hegel,

release the detained.. hold elections..

noted..

I listen every nite..Johnathon Head never made me overly concerned..

Keep up the selfies and SMILES..Aloha

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ok so I did come to Thailand and the level of service is night and day. The dirty beach section that I go to in jomtien had only three people out of 50 plus seats with three people working. The airport was great no wait through immigration and carried my bags to car. No waits in my favorite restaurants and able to get motorbikes and songtows easily. Other then high heat and humidity it is great. Earlier someone said they finally filled in holes at jomtien sidewalks That is not true at all they just bamboo around them. I will take a picture one has a tree growing in it since they have been open holes for almost two years.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand