1 day car rental

The island is full of 'First Car rebate' cars that were bought to rent out. Every little travel agent either has or knows of such cars. It should be very easy to rent one even with the (reputed) suspicion that a Thai national is more likely to try to steal a rental car than a foreign national.

Budget at the airport especially if your friend is flying in, don't need to leave passport and can pay by cash or credit card.

No arguments about scratches/damage caused as pre-check done and agreed before you take the car.

Guaranteed full 3rd party insurance and very competitive prices. Also, you can book in advance.

No brainer!

Edited by yorkie100
  • Like 1

Apparently it's much more difficult to rent if you're a Thai. They're afraid one will just drive off with their cars.

For farangs, there's no problems.

Sadly, you ae correct Mole.

One guy I know lost two cars in a month that way. Now he only rents to foreigners.

It is unfortunate that a couple of 'bad eggs' spoil it for everyone.

I looked at Avis and they offers a Vios manual for 750bt/day. Automatic is 1000.

Although my friend is native Thai, he lives in Norway, so manual won't be of any problem to drive for him.

So far all other Thai places has offered 1500 or 1000, so it looks like we'll use Avis. Cheaper and no hassle. Most Thai rentals will require that you deposit your passport with them, yeah right... not gonna happen.

Thanks for the links to sixtthailand though, they seems to be even cheaper than Avis.

Honda Brio Eco Car automatic @ 666/day

Edited by Mole