Think he means the stuff wot comes out of the ground. :D

Aussie company already digging up the stuff at the Chatree but doubt that they are using shovels and pans....

Theres a rumour of a new gold field not far from my place in Chiang Mai...but as said its only a rumour... :o

Wee bit of info on Gold mining in LOS.......

K/g Consolidated Limited is a successful Australian gold, silver and precious metals mining and exploration company.

Through its wholly-owned Thai subsidiary Akara Mining Limited, it owns and operates Thailand's only modern gold mine. The company's results since operations commenced at Chatree have been strong due to its low cash costs, strong gold production, its successful gold exploration program and the improvement in the spot gold price.

Chatree Gold Mine

The Chatree Gold Mine is located 280km north of Bangkok in Thailand.

Mineral resources that have been upgraded to proved and probable ore reserves provide a mine life of over 8 years.

Conventional open pit mining methods are used at Chatree to extract gold ore from open pits.

The Chatree Gold Mine commenced production in November 2001 and has exceeded production expectations. Project construction was completed on schedule and under budget.

Mining and haulage costs are critical items in open pit operations.

Chatree negotiated a mining contract with a local contractor which has resulted in significant cost savings and provided business for local enterprises.

The mining agreement has worked well since inception for the benefit of all parties.

Production

Crushed ore is fed to a semi autogenous grinding (SAG) mill and ball mill where it is ground to the consistency of very fine sand and pumped to the cyclone tower prior to entering the leach (CIL) tanks. Gold and silver is leached from the ore and is absorbed onto carbon grains.

The gold bearing carbon is collected and the metals are stripped from it and then passed through an electrowinning cell in which the metal is electroplated onto the cathode. The metal is recovered as sludge and is dried and smelted in a gas furnace before pouring into gold and silver dore bars.

These bars are air freighted to an offshore precious metals refinery and upgraded to gold bullion.

Growth strategy

The company's strategy for growth is to continue to optimise its Thai gold mine...etc..etc..... :D

:o Thanks Rinrada for explaining. I missed the point of the OP but understand now that he wants to shovel Gold out of Thailands soil (as a farang :D )....

I suppose there are other laws in LOS than in the 'old' days during the Californian Goldrush or even now in the jungle of South America :D

LaoPo

sorry about that my father inlaw was having a well drilled and hit rock at 6metres when they pulled the core there was gold in it my wife owns the field next to the bore hole?

SSsssssttttt...don't tell anybody else, except on Thaivisa of course :o

LaoPo

sorry about that my father inlaw was having a well drilled and hit rock at 6metres when they pulled the core there was gold in it my wife owns the field next to the bore hole?

SSsssssttttt...don't tell anybody else, except on Thaivisa of course :o

LaoPo

thailands a big place

• 3 years later...

Aussie company already digging up the stuff at the Chatree but doubt that they are using shovels and pans....

Theres a rumour of a new gold field not far from my place in Chiang Mai...but as said its only a rumour... :)

K/g Consolidated Limited is a successful Australian gold, silver and precious metals mining and exploration company.

Through its wholly-owned Thai subsidiary Akara Mining Limited, it owns and operates Thailand's only modern gold mine. The company's results since operations commenced at Chatree have been strong due to its low cash costs, strong gold production, its successful gold exploration program and the improvement in the spot gold price.

Chatree Gold Mine

Mineral resources that have been upgraded to proved and probable ore reserves provide a mine life of over 8 years.

Conventional open pit mining methods are used at Chatree to extract gold ore from open pits.

The Chatree Gold Mine commenced production in November 2001 and has exceeded production expectations. Project construction was completed on schedule and under budget.

Chatree negotiated a mining contract with a local contractor which has resulted in significant cost savings and provided business for local enterprises.

The mining agreement has worked well since inception for the benefit of all parties.

Production

Crushed ore is fed to a semi autogenous grinding (SAG) mill and ball mill where it is ground to the consistency of very fine sand and pumped to the cyclone tower prior to entering the leach (CIL) tanks. Gold and silver is leached from the ore and is absorbed onto carbon grains.

The gold bearing carbon is collected and the metals are stripped from it and then passed through an electrowinning cell in which the metal is electroplated onto the cathode. The metal is recovered as sludge and is dried and smelted in a gas furnace before pouring into gold and silver dore bars.

These bars are air freighted to an offshore precious metals refinery and upgraded to gold bullion.

Growth strategy

The company's strategy for growth is to continue to optimise its Thai gold mine...etc..etc..... :D

so is it best to buy kingsgate or has Akara done its IPO in THailand

Sorry, but gold digging in Thailand is a reserved occupation for the Thais.

In particular the lasses in Pattaya, Phuket, Samui and Bangers.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yes but theres no point the OP turning to those girls for help, they'd be clueless about getting the stuff out of the ground.:)

Theres a rumour of a new gold field not far from my place in Chiang Mai...but as said its only a rumour... :)

Chatree Gold Mine

Production

Growth strategy

so is it best to buy kingsgate or has Akara done its IPO in THailand

BOI has approved tax breaks for the next 5 years