Gay dads make better fathers?

David48

if the gays don't like rootin girls how do they become dad's ?

I like sarcasm (probably spelled wrong, for the spelling police on TV), but you just sound old-fashion and stupid

------------

Let me get back to page one, love this subject as a gay man.

Edited by ronthai

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A study in..... foolishness.

There are good gay dads, bad gay dads, and indifferent gay dads. In that sense they are like any other dads.

What these 'academics' should be studying is, Are gay dads good moms?

Are lesbians good dads.

A straight man f<deleted>ks wife relations, if he is lucky. Wife works, makes money lots of it, dad is the pussy at home cleaning and the kitchen old fashion way.

Come-ON people GROW UP

<snip>

Me or I, which ever is better English, as a GAY man, never marry, never had sex with a woman.

(I know never had sex with a woman, how you know you are gay? ANSWER, GO and have sex with a man, maybe you will become gay.)

As some of you know I live mostly among Thai (straight) friends. It is my daily life. They all know I am gay.

Their kids (age 0 to 20+) love me and we have loads of fun together.

All is relaxed and most call me uncle.

I am not saying GAYS are better dads, but we can do the same job, and with our gay-open-mind we might even do a better job.

Edited by soundman
Inflammatory.
  • Like 1

Time to stop all this gender mainstreaming bu!!$#it !

Gay and lesbian couples should be accepted and left alone to do their thing, but should absolutely NOT be granted children! If they choose to stay in a relationship that due to a biological catch22 situation will never produce children in a natural way, they have to suffer the consequence which is: No children!

The world is wobbling into dangerous terrain, where gender mainstreaming and the destruction of historical and cultural values seem to be forced onto the population not to make this world a better place, but with a sinister intention and plan behind it. If conservative values of our childhood are destroyed and mankind becomes a grey soup of genderless "its", we might lose our self consciousness as a whole and eventually the grip on reality and conventional believe systems in general.

We then will become an easy to control and easy to manipulate soup of nobodies (even worse than now). Some european countries are working on erasing the words (Vater) "father" and (Mutter) "mother" to replace it with a neutrum (das Elter) "a parent" and words like (Vaterland) "fatherland" with the given reason that such words are discriminating and offensive.

The study and subject of this OP is a part of the worldwide gender mainstreaming brain wash. I vow to make a stand and fight against this whenever I can, because I believe that a proper family consists of a mother and a father and children, not two gay dads and children, not two lesbian moms and children. It does not exist in nature and it should not exist in our "civilized" world, even though she is full of ignorant dogooders and "everything is awesome if you scream with the mainstream" people. There are times when one has to go against the flow to remain a sane and independently thinking and acting personality, and this time is now!!!

• Like 1

A happy father is better than an unhappy father as far as a child is concerned..... be gay...

A happy kid is one to have mum to hang on too, not two mums, and not two dads....One of each is perfect for a kid to get it's head in gear for future life........thumbsup.gif

Why did Noah take both genders of mosquito on the Ark? Are you a child psychologist or just a slave to conformity of your granny?

Wow. If you still believe in Noah, it is clear why you don't understand the 21st century.

Load of cobblers. Gay propaganda by gay people with an agenda. If my biggest influences growing up as a child were gay parents, then I would have gone and lived with a close relative as soon as I'd have got a whiff of what was going on and I would have never accepted their relationship. Personally, I find gay people and their lifestyle make me sick. I can't help my feelings as they can't help theirs I suppose, but I would never condone gratuitous violence against them.

Sure: Gay propaganda for equal rights and acceptance is certainly an agenda by the gay population. Had you grown up in a tolerant or accepting family, even with straight natural parents, you would not even have thought of moving out if a relative were gay.

Your opinion makes me sick, but I suppose you cannot help it due to your sick upbringing. I would never condone violence against you either.

All I can say about that study, is that if the first two people on this Earth were Homosexual, they would have also been the last two people on this Earth.

We have male and females on this Earth for a specific reason.

We all have to accept that there are homosexual people, but according to mother nature its not normal.....!!!!!!

Apart from the fairy tale about the "first two people", it is an estimate 5% or so of the population that is gay, so please feel free to have heterosexual relationships. In fact, it takes two of you to make one of us.

And mother nature has produced at least 70 species apart from humankind with a homosexual percentage. From swans to penguins to dogs etc. Yes, it is normal: not for 100% of a species, but for a species to have a certain percentage (let's work with the figure of 5%) of homosexuals.

And there is absolutely now way it hurts the straight population in any way. Only some religious extremists in humankind think homosexuality is a bad thing. It isn't, as it does not hurt the heterosexuals in any way whatsoever. I don't understand what the fuzz is all about.

Gay and lesbian couples should be accepted and left alone to do their thing, but should absolutely NOT be granted children! If they choose to stay in a relationship that due to a biological catch22 situation will never produce children in a natural way, they have to suffer the consequence which is: No children!

The world is wobbling into dangerous terrain, where gender mainstreaming and the destruction of historical and cultural values seem to be forced onto the population not to make this world a better place, but with a sinister intention and plan behind it. If conservative values of our childhood are destroyed and mankind becomes a grey soup of genderless "its", we might lose our self consciousness as a whole and eventually the grip on reality and conventional believe systems in general.

We then will become an easy to control and easy to manipulate soup of nobodies (even worse than now). Some european countries are working on erasing the words (Vater) "father" and (Mutter) "mother" to replace it with a neutrum (das Elter) "a parent" and words like (Vaterland) "fatherland" with the given reason that such words are discriminating and offensive.

The study and subject of this OP is a part of the worldwide gender mainstreaming brain wash. I vow to make a stand and fight against this whenever I can, because I believe that a proper family consists of a mother and a father and children, not two gay dads and children, not two lesbian moms and children. It does not exist in nature and it should not exist in our "civilized" world, even though she is full of ignorant dogooders and "everything is awesome if you scream with the mainstream" people. There are times when one has to go against the flow to remain a sane and independently thinking and acting personality, and this time is now!!!

Danm me could not resist after someone liked my post and this "dot-dot-dot" "catweazle" is below me, reply after.

OMG, I hope he does not live in Thailand, most likely not, most straight people I ever met, got openminded after coming to Thailand and see the real "live and let live"

The STAIGHT MAIN world is doing such a good job, what is it 50% (minus or plus) devorce. Kids are being used as "NO, he, she, they are mine and you will never see them.

Millions of kids of alone in bad, bad situations, according to the gentleman above, leave them there instead of in a loving home.

Leave it, I am too ... to even bother with these less then humans

Edited by ronthai

Danm me could not resist after someone liked my post and this "dot-dot-dot" "catweazle" is below me, reply after.

OMG, I hope he does not live in Thailand, most likely not, most straight people I ever met, got openminded after coming to Thailand and see the real "live and let live"

The STAIGHT MAIN world is doing such a good job, what is it 50% (minus or plus) devorce. Kids are being used as "NO, he, she, they are mine and you will never see them.

Millions of kids of alone in bad, bad situations, according to the gentleman above, leave them there instead of in a loving home.

Looks like our gay RonThai is on a personal vendetta against each and every one who opposes to gay couples bringing up children...

Should read "less than humans" by the way. Makes an insult "sharper" if spelled correctly smile.png

Edited by catweazle

Looks like our gay RonThai is on a personal vendetta against each and every one who opposes to gay couples bringing up children...

Should read "less than humans" by the way. Makes an insult "sharper" if spelled correctly smile.png

It also makes you look a bit of a dick if you correct the spelling of a non-native English speaker wink.png

Our catweazle, with whom I totally agree with, and many other posters are not gay bashing because this is really about parenting and what many consider is in the adoptive children's best interests.

This is a highly controversial issue so one should expect to see comments from those who are fiercely going to oppose the view that same sex guardians can be suitable up-bringers of children and than there are going to be those who believe same sex parenting is acceptable and could be beneficial for children in some cases and taking offence thinking that the opposing views is a personal affront against them, which I do not believe is the case.

Even if the same sex parents were not gay, perhaps just close friends sharing an accommodation and were given legal custody or even allowed to just become foster parents of children, I would still consider the situation as unsatisfactory for the welfare and emotional well being of these children.

That`s my view on the subject and is not a personal attack on the gay way of life that I fully realise could be construed as being anti-gay, but it`s not, as this is about what is best for the children not about gay rights or the rights of any other adults, it is what is in the best interests of the children, regarding being in environments of a traditional family home or what should be considered as a traditional family home, that must be given priority to the interests of the adults, whether gay, hetrosexual or aliens from the planet Krapon.

And if you still cannot see the way of thinking and logic behind the arguments, than how else would you like me to explain this?

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 2

It also makes you look a bit of a dick if you correct the spelling of a non-native English speaker wink.png

Thank you, but it because he could make any other case for his cause. (Hope the English was correct?)

Our catweazle, with whom I totally agree with, and many other posters are not gay bashing because this is really about parenting and what many consider is in the adoptive children's best interests.

This is a highly controversial issue so one should expect to see comments from those who are fiercely going to oppose the view that same sex guardians can be suitable up-bringers of children and than there are going to be those who believe same sex parenting is acceptable and could be beneficial for children in some cases and taking offence thinking that the opposing views is a personal affront against them, which I do not believe is the case.

Even if the same sex parents were not gay, perhaps just close friends sharing an accommodation and were given legal custody or even allowed to just become foster parents of children, I would still consider the situation as unsatisfactory for the welfare and emotional well being of these children.

That`s my view on the subject and is not a personal attack on the gay way of life that I fully realise could be construed as being anti-gay, but it`s not, as this is about what is best for the children not about gay rights or the rights of any other adults, it is what is in the best interests of the children that must be given priority to the interests of the adults, whether gay, hetrosexual or aliens from the planet Krapon.

And if you still cannot see the way of thinking and logic behind the arguments, than how else would you like me to explain this?

"And if you still cannot see the way of thinking and logic behind the arguments, than how else would you like me to explain this?"

Lets just leave all the kids stay in foster homes, of which many are money based, kids not happy and go from foster to foster to foster and again.

But a loving situation is bad, because it is 2 men or 2 ladies.

WHAT are you so afraid of that would happen to the kids, I don't think rape, because I hope you are better then/than that?

School situation, neighborhood, sorry grow up, it is 2014. Maybe where you live is GOD Almighty and redneck philosofy.

Where GAYS live is in accepted communities, where all around, most people do not care.

Why bother talking to a republican, one way track mind

• Like 1

That`s my view on the subject and is not a personal attack on the gay way of life that I fully realise could be construed as being anti-gay, but it`s not, as this is about what is best for the children not about gay rights or the rights of any other adults, it is what is in the best interests of the children that must be given priority to the interests of the adults, whether gay, hetrosexual or aliens from the planet Krapon.

I fully understand your position. I just don't necessarily agree with it.

I fully understand your position. I just don't necessarily agree with it.

Thank you, at last a result.

I do not take offence from those who do not agree with me, or expect it, but only to see the reasoning behind all the view points on this thread logically rather than this being personal.

There are rights and wrongs to all the arguments and it`s a case of placing this all into perspective and seeing it for what it is, an argument as for what is in the best interests of the children involved, not about the guardian rights of adults.

• Like 1

I think they probably do, in a lot of ways. Since they naturally can't have a child by birth together, I think there has to be more planning with there partner to even have a child, and work harder to adopt one. So I think when they get to this stage they must really want a child and therefore would make a better parents. I guess along the same lines as other adopting parents.

Having said this, they will also have issues that a Heterosexual Couple would not have. Not all people have accepted Gay Relationships in the Community. Hell, not all people have accepted Blacks in their Community yet. So no telling if the neighbours would accept this and let their kids play together. Or Teachers? Or just a visit to the Zoo with some smart assed remarks from others. But I guess they have been dealing with this all their lives so nothing they can't handle.

• Like 1

"I have two little terrors ... Gay Uncles please apply here ... laugh.png.pagespeed.ce.SDkxrRteka.png"

I think you'd need to screen the applicants pretty carefully David :P

Are you implying that gay applicants call for extra screening or did you mean that straight applicants should be equally screened? If the former please explain your reasoning.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Load of cobblers. Gay propaganda by gay people with an agenda. If my biggest influences growing up as a child were gay parents, then I would have gone and lived with a close relative as soon as I'd have got a whiff of what was going on and I would have never accepted their relationship. Personally, I find gay people and their lifestyle make me sick. I can't help my feelings as they can't help theirs I suppose, but I would never condone gratuitous violence against them.

Sure: Gay propaganda for equal rights and acceptance is certainly an agenda by the gay population. Had you grown up in a tolerant or accepting family, even with straight natural parents, you would not even have thought of moving out if a relative were gay.

Your opinion makes me sick, but I suppose you cannot help it due to your sick upbringing. I would never condone violence against you either.

No wonder you call yourself onthemoon because you are definately not on this planet. I can understand that you want to fight your corner, but what's with the personal insults, ie my sick upbringing??? I had a very good childhood fyi. Just because it happens to be 2014 doesn't mean everyone has to be accepting of gay relationships unfortunately for you and it's quite rightly a personal issue for everyone. Good, bad or indifferent.

I don't doubt that there are perfectly good examples of gay parenting with well adjusted children being raised, but I would also argue that there are many disaster stories, just as there are in mainstream, normal family scenarios. There is a plausible argument that a very young child would be blissfully unaware about being raised by same sex parents and will be just as happy playing in a sand pit as any other child. But children grow up, become self aware, peer pressure, bullying, social acceptence, prejudice etc will all influence a growing person. I was imagining how I would have felt and I know I would have been one unhappy bunny. No one in my family taught me how I should feel, as I have said, I just grew up and formed my own opinions. I'm sure many gay people were patronised by family and peers who said, that they will grow out of being gay or even had someone trying to beat the gayness out of them! The lucky ones had understanding and supportive family and friends, but in a high school of 1,000 teenagers, not everyone will be so tolerant and people of difference will always become an easy target for others. The term "gay bashing" exists because it did and I'm sure, still does.

The arguement about drunk, abusive heterosexual parents is a typical red herring, used by people in self denial or with weak debating skills. The children in orphanages or social care may well be better off being raised by same sex parents, but how on earth could anyone know? Children should not be rolled around like dice or be raffled off.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I won't debate your points as you are entitled to your beliefs and I am not in a position to say your are wrong, or right. I just need to ask one question based on your post.

If a "proper family consist of a mother and a father and children" what kind of families do we have now-a-days with a 50% Divorce Rate? With Single Parent Mothers raising there children, and sometimes this child has a new Daddy every 2 months? Your wishes as to what a real family should be is admiral. But they are only wishes. They rarely happen in this real world we live in today. The "Leave it to Beaver" or "Happy Days" Parents are long gone.

Personally I would sooner be raised by 2 Loving Parents, regardless of the Gender, then being in the middle of a Cat Fight and raised by Parents who fight all the time and are going through a Divorce. Or by parents who are both alcoholic and love that bottle more than me.

I understand your point of view GoldBuggy and you have points there with the exception that your conclusions implement that all gay couples never split up, are more stable than conservative couples, don't drink, don't fight, etc. what can't be the case. I am quite sure that a lot of bitchfighting is going on among gay couples and the few gay disagreements and fights I have witnessed so far were all but pretty to say the least.

Biggest problem is, that many gay people think they are very special and deserve VIP treatment. If they want to be regarded to as "normal" people, they should switch a gear or two back and take the foot off the gas like for example our RonThai in this thread.

The solution is simple - let the world vote:

Child Michael Templar, 3 years old lost both parents in a car accident. Two couples want to adopt him. A ) Is Dave and Chrystal Washington, married happily for 5 years, and B ) Thomas and Jeff Byron married happily for 5 years.

Does anyone who has left a shred of sanity in his head believe the majority of this word would vote for couple B? And allow me to spin this further - who believes that Michael, after having lived three years with his real Mom/Dad parents, would choose couple B?

I don't think so! And there we have it.

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 1

No wonder you call yourself onthemoon because you are definately not on this planet. I can understand that you want to fight your corner, but what's with the personal insults, ie my sick upbringing??? I had a very good childhood fyi. Just because it happens to be 2014 doesn't mean everyone has to be accepting of gay relationships unfortunately for you and it's quite rightly a personal issue for everyone. Good, bad or indifferent.

I don't doubt that there are perfectly good examples of gay parenting with well adjusted children being raised, but I would also argue that there are many disaster stories, just as there are in mainstream, normal family scenarios. There is a plausible argument that a very young child would be blissfully unaware about being raised by same sex parents and will be just as happy playing in a sand pit as any other child. But children grow up, become self aware, peer pressure, bullying, social acceptence, prejudice etc will all influence a growing person. I was imagining how I would have felt and I know I would have been one unhappy bunny. No one in my family taught me how I should feel, as I have said, I just grew up and formed my own opinions. I'm sure many gay people were patronised by family and peers who said, that they will grow out of being gay or even had someone trying to beat the gayness out of them! The lucky ones had understanding and supportive family and friends, but in a high school of 1,000 teenagers, not everyone will be so tolerant and people of difference will always become an easy target for others. The term "gay bashing" exists because it did and I'm sure, still does.

The arguement about drunk, abusive heterosexual parents is a typical red herring, used by people in self denial or with weak debating skills. The children in orphanages or social care may well be better off being raised by same sex parents, but how on earth could anyone know? Children should not be rolled around like dice or be raffled off.

I was referring to your upbringing because you said the "opinion" of gay acceptance makes you sick. This is not natural. You also said that being gay has something to do with a sick upbringing, and I took offence and just wanted you to taste your own medicine. I see you understood.

Yes, I do believe acceptance of gay relationship is for everyone, just like acceptance of black people is for everyone. However, I do agree with you that this is not the case yet, but with your line of arguments you help to perpetuate the status quo. You cannot argue that the child would be discriminated against for having two gay parents if at the same time you say there should be no gay parents, hence being part of the problem rather than a solution.

No, I don't think you are sick. It is not your fault that you think as you do, and I don't blame you. However, an opening of the mind can be useful in 2014.

• Like 2

Catweazle, the brain wash took place a few centuries ago when the Christian church decided that being gay is bad. It is time to correct this wrong.

I want to mention this as well, two of my best friends are gay, a gay couple actually. I like them a lot, especially since they are not making a big fuzz of being gay and outsiders seeing them in a restaurant or shopping center would perhaps think they are brothers or just good friends. We always have great talks and a good time whenever we visit them. However - if my wife and I would die in an accident, I would want a male/female couple of friends or relatives bring our boys up, and I'd even tell my gay friends this straight to their faces and I believe they would understand, PLUS they are kind, understanding and flexible enough to not turn that against me and call me a gay hater or something - unlike our RonThai friend does it with everyone here who opposes to his views.

I'm not a native English speaker by the way, but I managed to learn proper English and I believe everyone could if he/she would really wants to.

Edited by catweazle

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I won't debate your points as you are entitled to your beliefs and I am not in a position to say your are wrong, or right. I just need to ask one question based on your post.

If a "proper family consist of a mother and a father and children" what kind of families do we have now-a-days with a 50% Divorce Rate? With Single Parent Mothers raising there children, and sometimes this child has a new Daddy every 2 months? Your wishes as to what a real family should be is admiral. But they are only wishes. They rarely happen in this real world we live in today. The "Leave it to Beaver" or "Happy Days" Parents are long gone.

Personally I would sooner be raised by 2 Loving Parents, regardless of the Gender, then being in the middle of a Cat Fight and raised by Parents who fight all the time and are going through a Divorce. Or by parents who are both alcoholic and love that bottle more than me.

I understand your point of view GoldBuggy and you have points there with the exception that your conclusions implement that all gay couples never split up, are more stable than conservative couples, don't drink, don't fight, etc. what can't be the case. I am quite sure that a lot of bitchfighting is going on among gay couples and the few gay disagreements and fights I have witnessed so far were all but pretty to say the least.

Biggest problem is, that many gay people think they are very special and deserve VIP treatment. If they want to be regarded to as "normal" people, they should switch a gear or two back and take the foot off the gas like for example our RonThai in this thread.

The solution is simple - let the world vote:

Child Michael Templar, 3 years old lost both parents in a car accident. Two couples want to adopt him. A ) Is Dave and Chrystal Washington, married happily for 5 years, and B ) Thomas and Jeff Byron married happily for 5 years.

Does anyone who has left a shred of sanity in his head believe the majority of this word would vote for couple B? And allow me to spin this further - who believes that Michael, after having lived three years with his real Mom/Dad parents, would choose couple B?

I don't think so! And there we have it.

You are right, I agree. And this is what needs to be changed:

The vote should not be based on whether they are same- or opposite-sex couples, but on their other qualitifications, both as people and as loving providers. The sexual orientation should play no role, as any couple may or may not have problems regardless of whether they are straight or gay, as you pointed out.

Edited by onthemoon