Gay dads make better fathers?

David48

All I can say about that study, is that if the first two people on this Earth were Homosexual, they would have also been the last two people on this Earth.

We have male and females on this Earth for a specific reason.

We all have to accept that there are homosexual people, but according to mother nature its not normal.....!!!!!!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone in the world was to become gay, than there would be no future generations of children for anyone to adopt, in fact the human race would eventually become extinct within 1 generation.

For the religious, imagine if either Adam or Eve or both of them were gay, than the humans, modern man as we are today, would have ended with them. So in fact what this means is, gays have to depend on hetrosexuals for the future of their survival, so in other words being gay is non-progressive in the scheme of things.

I am not anti-gay and won`t give the old spill, some of my best friends are gay, but only trying to wrap my head around and understand it. I want to ask any gays, men or women, what do they feel is their place in society? And where do they believe they fit within the scheme of things?

In my opinion I don`t consider that same sex guardians are a good thing, irrelevant whether they are gay or not, yet if it difficult to explain why, only that for children they are better off with a set of parents as was intended, a female mum and a male dad, because I still believe men and women are set to have their own roles to play to life. I do know that most children benefit from the maternal nurturing of a mother and the strong support of a father, the provider. I don`t believe that substituting mums or dads with 2 Uncles or Aunties or even being adopted into a 1 parent family is as beneficial as being part of a nuclear family, but then again, most of this modern day thinking and attitudes goes way over my head.

The movie, Woody Allen`s Sleeper comes into mind, where in the future sex is practised in a machine called an orgasmatron and breeding is done in a laboratory.

Edited by Beetlejuice

If everyone in the world was to become gay, than there would be no future generations of children for anyone to adopt, in fact the human race would eventually become extinct within 1 generation.

For the religious, imagine if either Adam or Eve or both of them were gay, than the humans, modern man as we are today, would have ended with them. So in fact what this means is, gays have to depend on hetrosexuals for the future of their survival, so in other words being gay is non-progressive in the scheme of things.

I am not anti-gay and won`t give the old spill, some of my best friends are gay, but only trying to wrap my head around and understand it. I want to ask any gays, men or women, what do they feel is their place in society? And where do they believe they fit within the scheme of things?

What a bizarre question. You talk about us as though we're some sort of separate species. We 'fit into the scheme of things' just as all other human beings do unless you believe that the only purpose of human existence is to breed.

I thought it was, that is the goal of any species...

..Salmon comes to mind. Do it and die.

What a bizarre question. You talk about us as though we're some sort of separate species. We 'fit into the scheme of things' just as all other human beings do unless you believe that the only purpose of human existence is to breed.

I thought it was, that is the goal of any species...

..Salmon comes to mind. Do it and die.

Doesn't affect me. I can't swim.

• Like 1

No I`m not, quite the contrary in fact, plus you have deleted half my post in your reply that gives it misinterpretation, that my point being, how can having 2 same sex parents be progressive, whether they are gay or not?

There are just some aspects of modern day thinking that I cannot grasp and waiting for someone to educate me on this subject. I am not making any criticisms, but rather thinking of the children, who in most cases have no choice in the matters of who may become their guardians and asking; do you think that for children having same sex guardians or being part of a 1 parent family is as beneficial as having a mother and father? If you do, why? And if you don`t; why?

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

All I can say about that study, is that if the first two people on this Earth were Homosexual, they would have also been the last two people on this Earth.

If my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle facepalm.gif

Does she look like Max Klinger from MASH?

Load of cobblers. Gay propaganda by gay people with an agenda. If my biggest influences growing up as a child were gay parents, then I would have gone and lived with a close relative as soon as I'd have got a whiff of what was going on and I would have never accepted their relationship. Personally, I find gay people and their lifestyle make me sick. I can't help my feelings as they can't help theirs I suppose, but I would never condone gratuitous violence against them.

OP, I am sooooo pleased to see a proud gay man like yourself doing his bit. Those twins are adorable little tykes.

P.S

Everyone knows that gay men make the best Big Daddies

Gentlemen, I apologize for intruding on this forum and I respect your desire to have a forum for issues of the LGBT community ...however, the headline grabbed my attention and I find it offensive. I would speak out about such a headline if it was reversed and stated that Gay Men were not good fathers or not as good of fathers or any other biased generalization.

I won't be checking back in for a response but would none of you take offense if this headline was, "Heterosexual Dads Make Better Fathers"? As a heterosexual, I would.

Cheers

A good headline writer will suck you in every time.

Obviously a nonsense exercise in "netting".

Well done the writer, in an article by the usual academics about nothing . .

sucked us all in here

if the gays don't like rootin girls how do they become dad's ?

if all "men" like 'rooting gal's,,,, how come so many make aweful father's?

We gay's may not always be perfect but surely neither are you.

Nothing to do what he said. If you dont get a girl pregnant you CANNOT BE A DAD.One can be a stepdad though

Taking the gay element out of this, the children brought up by same sex guardians just like adoptive children are going to be denied their true family heritage, extended family, grandparents, uncles, aunts, siblings and of their real biological identities and later knowledge of who they really are and where they actually belong, plus the added disadvantage of having been brought up by 2 men or 2 women that in today`s society still does not fit in no matter how much the do gooders try to publicise that this is acceptable, not my prejudices, but the way many societies perceive this as a whole. The children could face being ridiculed by cruel kids at their schools and in their neighborhoods.

During my childhood I idolised my parents, especially my mother including my grandparents who although my grandparents departed over 20 years ago I am still grieving for them today. I could never bear the thought of having been adopted by 2 same sex parents and all that having been taken away from me.

• Like 1

Taking the gay element out of this, the children brought up by same sex guardians just like adoptive children are going to be denied their true family heritage, extended family, grandparents, uncles, aunts, siblings and of their real biological identities and later knowledge of who they really are and where they actually belong, plus the added disadvantage of having been brought up by 2 men or 2 women that in today`s society still does not fit in no matter how much the do gooders try to publicise that this is acceptable, not my prejudices, but the way many societies perceive this as a whole. The children could face being ridiculed by cruel kids at their schools and in their neighborhoods.

During my childhood I idolised my parents, especially my mother including my grandparents who although my grandparents departed over 20 years ago I am still grieving for them today. I could never bear the thought of having been adopted by 2 same sex parents and all that having been taken away from me.

What on earth could 2 same sex parents take away from you?

Do you honestly think that gay men or women might not have Mothers, Fathers, sisters, brothers, Uncles, grandparents, cousins, Aunties?

Extraordinary!!

• Like 1

Do you honestly think that gay men or women might not have Mothers, Fathers, sisters, brothers, Uncles, grandparents, cousins, Aunties?

Extraordinary!!

They do, but alas they have their thoughts eh.

You will never understand the thoughts of a man and women creating....End of story.

Extraordinary!!

What a ridiculous response, you are putting innuendos into my comments that simply are not there.

Of course people of the gay persuasion must have relatives just like anyone else, but my point is if I had 2 same sex adoptive guardians, their relatives won`t be my relatives or those of the kids they adopt, plus the absence of a maternal or paternal side of a family, which means in later life these kids would be missing out and probably totally confused as to what they are and who they are, including what are the parenting roles of each of their adoptive same sex parents.

I don`t give a rat`s behind whether this is a gay issue or not, it is the well being and stability of the children's upbringing that must be taken into consideration.

Sorry pal, but on this subject we must agree to disagree.

• Like 1

A happy father is better than an unhappy father as far as a child is concerned..... be gay...

A happy kid is one to have mum to hang on too, not two mums, and not two dads....One of each is perfect for a kid to get it's head in gear for future life........thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Extraordinary!!

What a ridiculous response, you are putting innuendos into my comments that simply are not there.

Of course people of the gay persuasion must have relatives just like anyone else, but my point is if I had 2 same sex adoptive guardians, their relatives won`t be my relatives or those of the kids they adopt, plus the absence of a maternal or paternal side of a family, which means in later life these kids would be missing out and probably totally confused as to what they are and who they are, including what are the parenting roles of each of their adoptive same sex parents.

I don`t give a rat`s behind whether this is a gay issue or not, it is the well being and stability of the children's upbringing that must be taken into consideration.

I believe you are the type of person who would find fault with perfection but I do not hold that against you. This could well be a result of your childhood and upbringing? Is the rich vein of negativity you possess and have shown throughout your posting life on Thai Visa a result of the parenting imparted on you?

The fact is you DO give a rat's if it is a gay issue so don't try and hide behind that falsity that you don't.

You don't like gay people as parents and it shines brightly through in your postings through your narrow minded view of what makes good parenting, what children need as guidance though the younger years and postulating that children with same sex parents will somehow miss out or be scarred in life.

When you posed the question as to who makes better parents it is now obvious that was merely a springboard to put forth your own fixed and intransigent view point.

• Like 1

We have male and females on this Earth for a specific reason.

We all have to accept that there are homosexual people, but according to mother nature its not normal.....!!!!!!

In which century BC have you left your rotten mind? Guess what, a whole lot of people in the world don't give a farthing for your "acceptance." There have never been so many humans on this planet as now and fresh water still comprises just 3% of the water available. Thank your lucky stars for all those who do not procreate because you, or your progeny, might get another mouthful of food someday.

• Like 1

Extraordinary!!

I believe you are the type of person who would find fault with perfection but I do not hold that against you. This could well be a result of your childhood and upbringing? Is the rich vein of negativity you possess and have shown throughout your posting life on Thai Visa a result of the parenting imparted on you?

The fact is you DO give a rat's if it is a gay issue so don't try and hide behind that falsity that you don't.

You don't like gay people as parents and it shines brightly through in your postings through your narrow minded view of what makes good parenting, what children need as guidance though the younger years and postulating that children with same sex parents will somehow miss out or be scarred in life.

When you posed the question as to who makes better parents it is now obvious that was merely a springboard to put forth your own fixed and intransigent view point.

It is an individual choice. I was waiting for the personal insults to start. A thread like this is inevitable to disintegrate into a slanging match.

Consenting adults at a legal age, fine go do your thing.

I try to be objective, but the only way (which is obviously not the same for everyone) I can even try to understand is by putting myself in the position of a child with gay parents. Apart from the inevitable bullying, finger pointing, tut-tutting from the general public and I saw plenty of such examples directed at the very few openly gay people I knew when growing up. I just could never have accepted it and I'm sure things would have just been very, very bad for me and them. I am not going to accept it if anyone wants to call me a biggoted, narrow minded fascist pig scum, or worse. It is a natural feeling I have always personally held, just as natural as a man wanting to become a woman.

The child is the most important element in this and should not become a a PC issue, but of course it already has.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No I`m not, quite the contrary in fact, plus you have deleted half my post in your reply that gives it misinterpretation, that my point being, how can having 2 same sex parents be progressive, whether they are gay or not?

There are just some aspects of modern day thinking that I cannot grasp and waiting for someone to educate me on this subject. I am not making any criticisms, but rather thinking of the children, who in most cases have no choice in the matters of who may become their guardians and asking; do you think that for children having same sex guardians or being part of a 1 parent family is as beneficial as having a mother and father? If you do, why? And if you don`t; why?

They have no chance in the matter of who may become their parents either. There's no guarantee that 'natural 'parents will be any good at all.

At least with same sex partnerships (and all adoptive partnerships, gay or straight, for that matter) you know that it's all been thought about seriously rather than as the result of a quick knee trembler round the back of the chippie on a Saturday night.

• Like 2

The children, regardless of gender of responsible parents or number of them will do just fine if they are in a home that encourages them, protects them, listens to them. A friend of mine was born in an African Rondovel. He forgot who was his birth mother as he was the youngest child and father had six wives. He had an enormous collection of brothers and sisters of course. The way families organize themselves is extremely varied.

• Like 1

A happy father is better than an unhappy father as far as a child is concerned..... be gay...

A happy kid is one to have mum to hang on too, not two mums, and not two dads....One of each is perfect for a kid to get it's head in gear for future life........thumbsup.gif

Why did Noah take both genders of mosquito on the Ark? Are you a child psychologist or just a slave to conformity of your granny?

It is an individual choice. I was waiting for the personal insults to start. A thread like this is inevitable to disintegrate into a slanging match.

Consenting adults at a legal age, fine go do your thing.

I try to be objective, but the only way (which is obviously not the same for everyone) I can even try to understand is by putting myself in the position of a child with gay parents. Apart from the inevitable bullying, finger pointing, tut-tutting from the general public and I saw plenty of such examples directed at the very few openly gay people I knew when growing up. I just could never have accepted it and I'm sure things would have just been very, very bad for me and them. I am not going to accept it if anyone wants to call me a biggoted, narrow minded fascist pig scum, or worse. It is a natural feeling I have always personally held, just as natural as a man wanting to become a woman.

The child is the most important element in this and should not become a a PC issue, but of course it already has.

There you go. Straight from an unimpeachable source tongue.png

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2336889/Gay-parents-healthier-children-better-self-esteem.html

Some off-topic posts and replies have been deleted.

This is the gay forum and anti-gay remarks will not be tolerated. You may express your opinion but do so in a polite and reasonable manner.