When should I apply for my double entry visa?

I'm heading directly from Chiang Mai to Nong Khai and they've said I'll reach the border by 7.30am.

I'm guessing I'll have more than enough time to reach the Thai embassy before 11.30 to hand in passport, but I'm not quite sure about what to do next because of something mentioned a few days ago.

When exactly do they count your 180 days from?

Does the 180 days start from when they give you the visa, or does the 180 days start from when you first enter Thailand on your first entry?

I'm asking because I was thinking of applying for visa on Thursday, picking it up on Friday then hanging around in Laos for a while before I go back into Thailand.

But if me 180 days starts from when I pick up my passport on the Friday I guess I'll have to head straight back otherwise I'll just be wasting up days.

Can anyone clarify when the 180 day countdown actually starts?

Cheers

A 2 entry tourist visa issued in Vientiane will only have a validity of 90 days from the date of issue.

Any delay of using it for the first entry will reduce the total amount of time you will have before you need to do the 2nd entry. You must use it before the enter before date on your visa sticker.

• Like 1

A 2 entry tourist visa issued in Vientiane will only have a validity of 90 days from the date of issue.

Any delay of using it for the first entry will reduce the total amount of time you will have before you need to do the 2nd entry. You must use it before the enter before date on your visa sticker.

Is it not 3 months rather than 90 days?