"Saving face"

MonkeyLoo

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I read now every post here!

But one question , for me still not answered !

Why is it nearly impossible to win a loosing face back?

That kind of people want protect there face , are also that one

That not can handle self criticism !

I have a friend at home very straight man, married Thai wife

20 year come here for more then 40 times!

He says Thais also ignoring our face, he don't care about loosing

There're face policy in Thailand !

He say what he think!

And when airplane change price half our before take off

He. Stand inside the office counter and complaining load

That all can here!

People that want protect there face all the time,

Live in a illusion of lies to themself, and proberbly phosical ill!

This are also the reason why loosing the face people are bull headed , and cannot accept a good meaning advice from others !

Using a signal horn in traffic in other Asian country's , no problem, in Thailand someone can point a gun on you! This fact should aswer all question!

In my opinion it has absolutely nothing to do with the culture itself

It's only a excuse!

Correct. The need to save face is the demonstration of ones own weakness, on so many levels. Real men do not need to save face. Buck up. Man up. Take responsibility for ones own actions. Saving face is the opposite of this, and it an act of extreme cowardice. I do not want to hear about the cultural aspects of this. When a culture permits a person to be a weakling, in the name of face, something is wrong. Courage my boy. Courage. OWN IT!

I understand your reasoning but we are talking about face an Asian culture , you talking as a westerner from a westerners point of view and western culture.

If you were talking about a westerner then I would agree with you, but the whole discussion is about face, not a western custom. I am sure there are a lot of things in each custom or even country that others think make them weak or think its wrong.

If it's been there for century's or even longer , it must work for them.

I thought the original question was to understand why , not slag them off, which most questions seem to end up doing.

I sometimes wonder why they stay in the country, they slag it off and the people so much.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I believe posters stated already their opinion of FACE.....that is not slagging off, its stating an opinion.

If you know where the perfect country is, all of us would like to know, name it please.

The original question was how to handle it, (face). Not what their opinion is .

I can't give you a perfect country to live in, as that's subjective , and my personal opinion .

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

He say what he think!

That all can here!

This are also the reason why loosing the face people are bull headed , and cannot accept a good meaning advice from others !

Using a signal horn in traffic in other Asian country's , no problem, in Thailand someone can point a gun on you! This fact should aswer all question!

It's only a excuse!

Correct. The need to save face is the demonstration of ones own weakness, on so many levels. Real men do not need to save face. Buck up. Man up. Take responsibility for ones own actions. Saving face is the opposite of this, and it an act of extreme cowardice. I do not want to hear about the cultural aspects of this. When a culture permits a person to be a weakling, in the name of face, something is wrong. Courage my boy. Courage. OWN IT!

I understand your reasoning but we are talking about face an Asian culture , you talking as a westerner from a westerners point of view and western culture.

If you were talking about a westerner then I would agree with you, but the whole discussion is about face, not a western custom. I am sure there are a lot of things in each custom or even country that others think make them weak or think its wrong.

If it's been there for century's or even longer , it must work for them.

I thought the original question was to understand why , not slag them off, which most questions seem to end up doing.

I sometimes wonder why they stay in the country, they slag it off and the people so much.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I believe posters stated already their opinion of FACE.....that is not slagging off, its stating an opinion.

If you know where the perfect country is, all of us would like to know, name it please.

well, for a start it wouldnt have TV whiners

• Like 1

He say what he think!

That all can here!

It's only a excuse!

Spiderman, perhaps the concept of man up either doesn't exist in Asia or is considered as not very important

for example in my home country if a man got a girl pregnant and decided to run away, most moral people would say man up and take responsibility

i think the concept of man up barely exists so most people wouldn't think its such a bad thing

just a thought to consider

By your definition, there are a whole lot of cowards on the TV forum, never wanting to admit that they're wrong in the face of evidence to the contrary. Speaking of, when was the last time that you admitted you were wrong about anything? Hmmmm.

I admit I am wrong all the time. In have absolutely no issue with that. Nor with saying I am sorry, in a heartfelt manner. I consider it to be part of what constitutes being man. What is so hard about admitting one screwed up?

Spidermike007

unfortunately many people even in western world cannot admit to mistakes

Thailand is being westernized anyway,

the concept of face will soon fade away with the last of the old guard,

unfortunately for thailand,

there is no new guard coming up behind them, so slavery awaits them all

no new guard??!! lol youre out of touch pal

• Like 1