Qatar World Cup: '$5m payments to officials' corruption claim

Lite Beer

this is fantastic. and hands up who else didn't know that FIFA's boardroom is a carbon copy of the war room from doctor strangelove?

Brilliant. I don't often have the patience to watch 13 minute video clips but that is well worth it. Cheers stevie

• Like 1

_75404484_blatterwc.jpg
"Fifa president Sepp Blatter says allegations of corruption surrounding the Qatar 2022 World Cup bid are motivated by racism."

What a bldy mess. A totally inappropriate place to consider holding it in the first place, then the bidding process looks dodgy, and now we've got the sanctimonious and generally dodgy Blatter bringing racism into it.

This guy is the head of World Football. I wouldn't trust him to put the cones out.

Edited by P45Mustang

As the years go by and the constant corruptions allegations are dealt with "internally, with the FIFA family, i just can't get my head around why the main european and south american football nations have not broken away from FIFA!!

How on earth have they all allowed Havelange and Blatter to have been getting away with all this for so many years?!!

As the years go by and the constant corruptions allegations are dealt with "internally, with the FIFA family, i just can't get my head around why the main european and south american football nations have not broken away from FIFA!!

How on earth have they all allowed Havelange and Blatter to have been getting away with all this for so many years?!!

Its a big family where everybody gets a piece of the "pie". Nobody is motivated to break away if they are taken care of. And then once you have succumbed to the cash payments you can't very well become a whistle blower without incriminating yourself.

I mentioned in another thread that Julio Grondona, president of the Argentina FA is a FIFA vice-president. You won't find a more corrupt douchebag. Yet he is a FIFA VP from South America. I suspect all the continents have been compromised to one degree or another over the years.

As a friend of mine put it a few years ago, "FIFA needs to be melted down and re-f***ed.

Its a big family where everybody gets a piece of the "pie". Nobody is motivated to break away if they are taken care of. And then once you have succumbed to the cash payments you can't very well become a whistle blower without incriminating yourself.

I mentioned in another thread that Julio Grondona, president of the Argentina FA is a FIFA vice-president. You won't find a more corrupt douchebag. Yet he is a FIFA VP from South America. I suspect all the continents have been compromised to one degree or another over the years.

As a friend of mine put it a few years ago, "FIFA needs to be melted down and re-f***ed.

It looks like the only ones who will be able to get rid of Blatter and Co. will be the sponsors and it looks like they are gathering a bit of momentum, albeit slowly. Turn off the flow of money and voila, FIFA will have to buckle.

It's now our job as the purchasers of the sponsors products to put pressure on the sponsors. I haven't bought anything by Adidas in over a decade but the buggers don't seem to have noticed biggrin.png

• Like 1

brilliant stuff as usual from andrew jennings.

World Cup 2014: Enter Sepp Blatter and his Fifa army to enjoy the perks of office
Andrew Jennings, the reporter who first exposed the corruption at the heart of football, holds his nose as the game’s tainted administrators roll into town
ANDREW JENNINGS Monday 09 June 2014
This is a wonderful day! Sepp Blatter, the Fifa president, has been planning every glorious detail for years. Brazilians will line the streets of Sao Paulo to applaud the delegates from the 209 national associations as they arrive to stage their congress before the football begins on Thursday.
Waiting for them inside the Transamerica Expo Centre will be the agenda booklet in which Mr Blatter writes: “You will be invited to take further important decisions in Brazil, in particular regarding the conclusion of the reform process.”
He adds that Fifa has “completed this chapter of reforms and raised our governance to the high standards we have set for ourselves”.
Delegates picking up their hefty per diems can exchange fond memories with old friends of last year’s congress and lobsterfest in Mauritius in May where they cheered Mr Blatter’s claim that his corruption-soaked organisation “is now setting the highest standards for governance in world sport”.
Surely Brazil will have a warm welcome for these thousand or so towering representatives of football’s ethics and fair play.
My books and Panorama films exposing Fifa corruption, which ended the careers of former Fifa president Joao Havelange and his son-in-law and kickback king Ricardo Teixeira, open doors for me from the Senate and Congress in Brasilia, where I hug with Congressman Romario, a nifty goalscorer in his time, to the people’s forums.
One evening in October last year, after the Global Investigative Journalism Conference, I was invited to meet the Rio Popular Committee for the World Cup and Olympics.
Rio taxpayers are being looted for the World Cup and drained of even more money by the 2016 Olympics. Fifa, the International Olympic Committee and the Brazilian crooks and politicians didn’t expect the cork coming out of the bottle.
More than 300 activists turned up: university teachers, urban planners, a few old hit-and-run fighters from the days of the military dictatorship, trade unionists, students and, horror of horrors, ranks of neat, middle-class, pissed-off taxpayers. And journalists with good jobs and lots of anger.
The Black Bloc anarchists who smash the “capitalist” bank windows are saving their masks for the action and don’t care for this kind of polite collective. But for the next month it is likely they will all be on the streets, shoulder to shoulder, sharing vinegar-soaked neckerchiefs to protect against the gas attacks.
The tough lads from the favelas don’t attend polite, crowded meetings in downtown office blocks. But, I was told, they will be in the crowds protesting against corruption and seeking payback against the cops who routinely baton them in the shanty towns.
A year earlier, at a weekend conference in Sao Paulo of activists from communities around the land, I listened as they talked of forced evictions by land speculators. “Don’t want to leave your comfortable little house in easy reach of your place of work? See how you cope as the cops protect us when we smash water and sanitation pipes.”
The conference was about sharing and bonding. I asked one activist how long it took her to get to us. “Twenty-four hours on a bus,” she said.
As we talked, her fingers chattered across her laptop. Social media is one of their advanced weapons against a sluggish state.
In the Rio audience were two well-dressed blazers from Fifa, touring the country with a list of the vast sums they claimed Fifa is “investing” in Brazil.
The activists’ response was not abusive, not vicious, but contemptuous. The Fifa PR men seemed to know so little about Brazil – silky PR peddlars patronising the locals.
A recent poll, by the biggest – and most conservative — national paper, reported that at least 11 per cent of Brazil’s 200 million population will protest. The latest tsunami of documented Fifa corruption, favours, bribes and grease have resonated through Brazil’s media. No surprise – where’s that gas mask?
I will be looking out for my Sao Paulo friends on tonight’s news. Their anger was first sparked by overcharging and rackets in building the stadiums and the intriguing way tickets are distributed. Now they will know that among the Fifa blazers and Sepp Blatter’s personal guests in the luxury white coaches heading for the congress are teams of Fifa lowlifes, not fit to debate and vote on the game.
The friends in Sao Paulo tell me that because of high walls around the congress centre there may only be a modest protest, a dry run for Thursday around the first game of the tournament, and then building day-by-day around the country.
Over two weeks The Sunday Times has produced a stunning list of officials from 33 of the 209 national associations accused of pocketing millions of dollars.
If they were all suspended this morning until their names were cleared, there would be a lot of empty chairs in the Transamerica congress hall. How can these suspects be allowed to participate? Will they be shunned by other delegates? That’s not how the Fifa family works.
Will the Brits make a difference? England’s Greg Dyke, Scotland’s Campbell Ogilvie, Northern Ireland’s Jim Shaw and Trefor Lloyd Hughes from Wales could stand up, speak up and walk out, reflecting the massive loathing in our islands for the Blatter gang. Would they be joined by our friends Paddy McCaul and John Delaney at the Football Association of Ireland in Dublin?
Could our British vice-president, Jim Boyce, from Northern Ireland, speak up too. Maybe Jim would press for Mr Blatter to reveal his salary, the bonuses he awards himself and all the other perks that he prefers to stay silent about.
Up on the platform, where several of the 24 executive committee members have been forced out in the past three years, are several more who should be facing serious questions – but are unlikely to be troubled.
In the shadows are likely to be special agents from an FBI organised crime squad which has been investigating Fifa. I know because I have met them three times in an anonymous building near the US embassy in London.
Fifa’s bribes culture is dollar-based and qualifies for investigation under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. The Feds already have one co-operating witness and probably another. The sponsors talk the talk but have been passive for years.
Maybe the FBI will have to sort it all for us.
The author’s new book on Fifa corruption is at transparencybooks.com
  • Like 1

and when you're answerable to nobody but yourselves who's going to arrest you?

would be truly amazing if the FBI nabbed sepp. a modern day capone.

kind of concerned about these protests on thursday. though fully understand why the people are doing them.

• Like 1

Don't bank (no pun intended) on help from US Agencies as they may be in cahoots anyway. Remember Banks' food poising in Mexico? whistling.gif

"On his way home from the World Cup the Daily Telegraph’s football correspondent, Bob Oxby, stopped off in Washington to visit his cousin, the senator Stuart Symington. Symington told him – whether it was said in jest or in truth is unknown, though it does seem far-fetched – the CIA had been behind Banks’ bout of food poisoning, intended to remove from the tournament the only team considered likely to stop Brazil, where the political situation had been causing concern in Washington".

Fifa president Sepp Blatter told he should stand down next year

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has been urged to quit next year because of the damage corruption allegations have inflicted on football's governing body.

Michael van Praag, boss of the Dutch Football Association, told Blatter he should not seek re-election in 2015.

"Few people still take Fifa seriously and, however you look at it, Blatter is mainly responsible," said Van Praag.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27787841

thumbsup.gif

Dyke said he had told Blatter at Tuesday's meeting that his remarks were "totally unacceptable".

He added: "The allegations being made are nothing to do with racism. They are allegations about corruption."

facepalm.gif

Edited by P45Mustang

Women referees might give him a hard time. smile.png

( Power freak, just like Berlusconi, and the bloke Havelange who preceded Blatter at FIFA and was also an International Olympic Committee fraudster. facepalm.gif IOC seem to be moving forward while FIFA goes in reverse.)

Michael Van Praag,boss of Dutch Football has come out today with the following statement.

"Few people still take FIFA seriously, however you look at it Blatter is in many ways responsible"

Hear, hear Mr Van Pragg now just get all your counterparts to endorse your comments and we might see the end of this odious little man who intends to stand for the position again.

Michael Van Praag,boss of Dutch Football has come out today with the following statement.

"Few people still take FIFA seriously, however you look at it Blatter is in many ways responsible"

Hear, hear Mr Van Pragg now just get all your counterparts to endorse your comments and we might see the end of this odious little man who intends to stand for the position again.

thumbsup.gif

Blatter was also urged to step down by Uefa vice-president David Gill.

The former Manchester United chief executive said it was "disappointing" Blatter had decided to run again.

Asked whether he thought Blatter should step down next year, Gill added: "Personally, yes. I think we need to move on."

smile.png

seems more have spoken out against emperor sepp this time. whether that means any of them have the balls to back an opponent remains to be seen. so far the only other candidate is monsieur champagne.

David Gill would be a serious contender for the top job.Forgetting about his ties to Manchester United. Gill enjoys tremendous respect through world football circles. Blatter has none. The momentum is building whoever is a contender.I don't really care I just want to see Blatter and all his cronies out of our game. The time is now.

the coverage of the fifa congress today has been quite incredible. if you want to read a potted catchup, this twitter timeline is a good summary: @lovefutebol

in a nutshell they voted for no age limits, no term limits, giving blatter a free run at a fifth and sixth term. various FAs from around the world stood up and praised sepp to the heavens, just prior to sepp announcing the money they would be doling out to said FAs as thanks. it could not possibly be any more bent. ladies and gentlemen, fifa, the guardians of our game.

You know I have a feeling this WC will be a bit of a foul up, giving Blatter the chance to 'take responsibility' and slope off with bags of cash, leaving the tards to fight over what he leaves.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Chicog

kind of concerned about these protests on thursday. though fully understand why the people are doing them.

If the World Cup has to be totally screwed up to help in the process of eliminating this cancer then it will be worth it in the long run

If the World Cup has to be totally screwed up to help in the process of eliminating this cancer then it will be worth it in the long run

oh yeah, couldn't agree more really.

not to mention the schools, hospitals and other vital infrastructure that the brasilian people need like.

oh yeah, couldn't agree more really.

not to mention the schools, hospitals and other vital infrastructure that the brasilian people need like.

I'm sure you could do some conversion work on the stadia that are finished, although having been built by bent contractors who have probably slipped all sorts of cheap crap in, I'm guessing they will start falling down around August time.

Watching Blatter tonight on TV talking about playing football in the future on other planets. I have come to the conclusion that the man is suffering dementia.

He still feels people love him for his contribution to world football but I doubt you would find one single person,outside of his cronies, who would show any support for him.

Perhaps if he was jeered on every public sighting he may get the message as would his stooges in the Carribean ,New Guinea ,and South Africa.

Of course when the WC starts all will be temporarily forgotten, something he must be praying for.

Watching Blatter tonight on TV talking about playing football in the future on other planets. I have come to the conclusion that the man is suffering dementia.

He still feels people love him for his contribution to world football but I doubt you would find one single person,outside of his cronies, who would show any support for him.

Perhaps if he was jeered on every public sighting he may get the message as would his stooges in the Carribean ,New Guinea ,and South Africa.

Of course when the WC starts all will be temporarily forgotten, something he must be praying for.

He's totally around the bend. facepalm.gif