Morals right and wrong as to dog poisoning

Actually was looking at the photos of when my last dog was poisoned

It is wrong

Either put them down in a human way or don't poison is horrible for a dog no matter how bad their owners are

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

BigC,

I can't imagine what I would do if a dog of mine were poisoned.

I am sure sorry to hear you & your dog had to experience that.

Hopefully there is karma.

Yes if dog owners who really love there dogs and take very measurement to protect them feed them and hey never bothered anyone then having one poisoned is a real shame. Unfortunately in this world the good get punished from the deeds of the bad

Remembered first it went really thin then could hardly walk. Then dropped with liquid coming out of its mouth

So from then I decided not to have another dog as I did everything I could to not make it eat chickens to not bite people keep them inside e compound. Yes someone broken raw fish over the wall mixed with poison

Assumably blamed for eating its chickens

As there was a sign down the road saying chickens for sale the next day

First I was ready to get burgled but it was a more simplistic plan than that

I just can't understand why with the amount of soi dogs in the area that it might not have occurred to him or her that they might have been the culprits

But unfortunately the compound made it even more easier as the dogs could find it more easily

The same way I would deal with a kareeokee bar if one was to open near me

I would not have thought of that. Just a hint. Dogs like chicken soup better than lady drinks.

Well if some dogs opened a karaoke bar then I would have to sign them up as they would be proper clever dogs

Might even get a simon cowl approval

Not all dogs are soi dogs. A responsible dog owner may leave a door open and the dog gets out accidentaly.

That's does not sound responsible

How could it get out accidentally if the " responsible owner " leaves the door open

I mean if you left your front door open then I would be pissed off but not surprise of ow as burgled

I had a Thai Ridgeback, great loyal dog.It was poisoned inside a walled property detached house no neighbours within 300 mtrs. I spent 2 days trying to keep her alive it's a disgusting horrible death, that I would wish on no creature.Eventually I couldn't watch anymore so put her out of her misery.

3 Days later we was robbed.

I understand dogs particularly loose dogs are a pain, especially packs of Soi dogs.You can try and scare them off, but they come back. You can kill them all, guess what more will come back.The best you can hope for is a few months quiet.If it's a neighbours dog you do in, you will get repercussion down the line.

The islands have a lot of stray dogs, a free territory is ALWAYS taken up again.Although you stated it's madness to get a dog to deter others it will work, the only other alternatives are fence in, expensive for large property a nice flash wall costs loads, mine was 2/3rds the cost of the bloody house. Or get a security guard, armed with a slingshot, he gets a job, customers get a sense of security, you get to sit back and watch someone else chase the buggers away.

Good luck feel your angst with this issue, had the same BS hence I always got a dog.

• Like 2

Yes problem with soi dogs is that they multiply. Most of them got there free being dumped by their owners then they have bread with other dogs

Then the breeding goes on and on then the packs fight each other on he soi

Then they all become friends

Then the problem is when you walk your dog on a lead past these soi dogs they risk getting butted every time you go out

So I am up for building a wall maybe one of these cheap Charlie's can build me one as they assume that it is so cheap to build a wall. They obviously have different perception of money than me

I had a Thai Ridgeback, great loyal dog.It was poisoned inside a walled property detached house no neighbours within 300 mtrs. I spent 2 days trying to keep her alive it's a disgusting horrible death, that I would wish on no creature.Eventually I couldn't watch anymore so put her out of her misery.

3 Days later we was robbed.

I understand dogs particularly loose dogs are a pain, especially packs of Soi dogs.You can try and scare them off, but they come back. You can kill them all, guess what more will come back.The best you can hope for is a few months quiet.If it's a neighbours dog you do in, you will get repercussion down the line.

The islands have a lot of stray dogs, a free territory is ALWAYS taken up again.Although you stated it's madness to get a dog to deter others it will work, the only other alternatives are fence in, expensive for large property a nice flash wall costs loads, mine was 2/3rds the cost of the bloody house. Or get a security guard, armed with a slingshot, he gets a job, customers get a sense of security, you get to sit back and watch someone else chase the buggers away.

Good luck feel your angst with this issue, had the same BS hence I always got a dog.

What is butted?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/butted

Big C has used a very correct word.

Ha ha

My dog and I play Australian rules football. She more blocks more than butts. She gets an angle on me and gives me a shoulder while she runs over me. Once around the house is a goal.

post-187908-0-89049200-1402127150_thumb.

• Like 2

I never advocated poisoning dogs, i simply refereed to the OP's statement & topic title.

No mate, I'm not suggesting you did, but it's nice just to make sure that people realise that it's a very unpleasant death.

None of these soi dogs asked to be born.

It's a <deleted> situation for the OP. He needs to consider a fence or his own dog to protect it's territory. Giving a home to a rescue dog for this purpose would be a WIN/WIN.

Edit to say: Subject title of thread wanted the morals of the situation.....there u have it. Do bad, get bad !

Agreed ND, you and HD made very valid points. Poisoning is cruel. We have numerous problems with stray dogs coming onto our land, we often spend ages trying to catch the dogs so we can send them to the temple. Other than building a fence that covers 27 rai, which is not going to happen this will continue, as much as the strays are a pest.

soi dogs do not ask to be born, neither do rapists, perverts, kiddy fiddlers , but deal with them as you would dog shit on your eye.

Here's my pov; I'm a runner and each day during each run I got followed by barking dogs. Nothing gets the adrenaline going better than a barking dog following you during your run.

I know plenty of runners on Samui that have been bitten by all kind of dogs, including myself, I've been bitten by a dog during one of my runs. Once bitten, nobody takes responsibility, all of a sudden the dog is 'homeless' and doesn't belong to anybody. In the meantime, weeks or month of training may go down the drain, and on top of that, as Big C already pointed out in an earlier post, tetanus injections are needed and they can easily add up to a couple of thousand Baht and need to be taken over a couple of weeks. Coming out of your own pocket.

Dogs either belong on a leash, inside a house or a walled compound. If they come after me, I will defend myself, I will kick them, I will hit them or I will throw stones at them.

I will not poison them, but if I get bitten and my anger management will go into controlled or uncontrolled anger, I might get very nasty to that dog, providing I can get my hands on them.

In my humble opinion the municipality of Samui should take care of the stray dog problem on the island. In my book, the definition of a stray dog is any dog that's not on a leash and can be found on streets and other public areas.

• Like 1

"Dogs either belong on a leash, inside a house or a walled compound. If they come after me, I will defend myself,"

Hit the nail on the head there could not agree more that about sums up what I agree with

Chain then up, wall then up or people can shut up

"Dogs either belong on a leash, inside a house or a walled compound. If they come after me, I will defend myself,"

Hit the nail on the head there could not agree more that about sums up what I agree with

Chain then up, wall then up or people can shut up

I agree with you. I think everyone does. However you started a thread to discuss dog poisoning.

You are off topic. Unless you consider killing the dog with poison defending yourself. Do you?

Who should shut up?

It's part of the big picture

The thread was right and wrong and to discuss solutions to the problem

To hopefully avoid dogs getting poisoned

I doubt anyone really hates dogs unless they are chasing them trying to kill them

I reckon most people only take action as a last resort

The OP wrote, "Dog poisoning .....

It it legal ?

Should it be legal?

I think that's pretty clear.

Well should dogs we treated as pests I mean stray dogs

In other words kill them for the safety of 1 for other people and 2 for safety of people's own dogs from dog fights and rabis

Edited by BigC

I've been here a long time Big C and as far as I know if a dog comes on your land you are legally entitled to shoot it in just the same way you are a chicken. A dog is a non protected species in Thailand so unlike the UK where you have to report to the police if you have run over a dog but not a cat, it does not apply here. You can shot a dog on your land just the same as you can a bird.

• Like 1

Not all dogs are soi dogs. A responsible dog owner may leave a door open and the dog gets out accidentaly.

contradiction " a responsible owner " would not leave a door open so that the dog could get out accidentally. on the other hand someone getting into your place also.

thats like saying a responsible parent might forget their child in a car and leave it inside with the windows open in the hot heat.

or a responsable dog owner might leave there own dog in the car with no windows open in a hot place to cook to death.

A friend of mine just had 2 dogs poisoned, his pals. One of them is a pup I gave him. I am shattered & very sad for him.

Poor dogs i know I say some borderline harsh words but poisoning a puppy is pretty low and watching them die worse

When I say about morals I am not giving my personal opinion

Personally I reckon it should only be used in extreme cases as I like dogs but some of those street dogs are beyond repair mentally

Poisoning a puppy is lowest of the low

A friend of mine just had 2 dogs poisoned, his pals. One of them is a pup I gave him. I am shattered & very sad for him.

Poor dogs i know I say some borderline harsh words but poisoning a puppy is pretty low and watching them die worse

Personally I reckon it should only be used in extreme cases as I like dogs but some of those street dogs are beyond repair mentally

Not a puppy by now Big C, I gave it to him as a puppy, a little Cocker Spaniel.Nonetheless it's a low low act to do that to someone's family.

Not a puppy by now Big C, I gave it to him as a puppy, a little Cocker Spaniel.Nonetheless it's a low low act to do that to someone's family.

Those dogs are not even dangerous

Basterds! Wonder what the motive was, burglary, personal dispute and took it out in the poor dogs

Yes they can by like a family me member once had them for a while

1 more thing when my last dog was poisoned I had a autopsy done incase she had eaten something contaminated to eliminate the possibility as if she did then my other dogs might have been at risk

But turned out they found a fish mixed with (..........don't want to name the poison in case of copy cats ) I hide the smell of the poison

So it was some basterd

Sorry to hear that