Referees

djc45

Thanks to the UK’s Sun newspaper for providing live match commentary on the net I was able to listen to the second half of the usa/Italy game on the laptop and gprs modem as we had a power cut at half time due to the storms

What a good game and a good game by Ghana

Is it me or does anyone else thinks that the referees are being told by radio link to book players as they seem to book them well after the tackle?

They also seem to make bookings for what looks to me to be no more than just a foul

Edited by djc45

Thanks to the UK’s Sun newspaper for providing live match commentary on the net I was able to listen to the second half of the usa/Italy game on the laptop and gprs modem as we had a power cut at half time due to the storms

What a good game and a good game by Ghana

Is it me or does anyone else thinks that the referees are being told by radio link to book players as they seem to book them well after the tackle?

They also seem to make bookings for what looks to me to be no more than just a foul

everyone happy with referees then?

japans goal was a clasic, he even apoligised to the keeper

I think the referees will have a lot of apologising to do when they watch the replays

Some of these yellow cards are diabolical and they might as well installed traffic lights as some of the games are just stop start all the time

Football is fast becoming a non-contact sport and the art of tackling, which is as much an art as passing and finishing, is being lost. It's depressing to see good tackles being called as fouls.

The penalty Croatia got today was rightly adjudged to be a foul but it was completely unnecessary to book the Japanese player too. He misses the next game and with the current reffing policies it's so easy to get booked that I'm sure there'll be quite a lot who get the two yellows.

Football is fast becoming a non-contact sport and the art of tackling, which is as much an art as passing and finishing, is being lost. It's depressing to see good tackles being called as fouls.

The penalty Croatia got today was rightly adjudged to be a foul but it was completely unnecessary to book the Japanese player too. He misses the next game and with the current reffing policies it's so easy to get booked that I'm sure there'll be quite a lot who get the two yellows.

i agree, if the foul situation is not looked at soon a player will be able to go from one end of the pitch to the other without a challange

what happend to a good hard game that was not nasty

i also think that a player who rolls on the ground for 5 mins and then gets up and runs back on should be sent off for 10 mins

there is too many going down to get the free kick or the other player a card

yes you will get a late tackle but referees should see the intent and only book for the intended or dangerous tackles