Help! Getting Custom Build Motorcycle Correct Paperwork

I had bought an older Junk Motorcycle from a scrapyard. Motor was junk but other Items were still of good use. I built custom frame Using Head post from this Motorcycle, I also used the seat as a Base to build new from. I bought other used Motorcycle parts from Shop getting receipts for everything. Ordered Custom Petrol Tank and Digital Guage set from China. So now I had Front forks and disc brake, I rebuilt all. I also have rear fork and discbrake with master cylinder. I used basic Electrical Harness from the scrap Motorcycle. I bought Motor with electric starter and totally stripped down and rebuilt. biggest piston and shaved head raising compression again have receipts. Headlight is my original with taillight body same from fifty years ago in America I modified and used motorcycle bulb and rear LED's. Front and rear rims as well as hubs came with respective Fork assemblies, spokes are new. Tires are mine.

Bike is split to 3 circuits Fuses everything that ACV o1st fuse, Electrical DCV 2nd fuse, Starter circuit 3rd fuse. System also has main Battery Fuse.

Everything works correctly, or better then if New Factory Bike! There are no isues here. Issues are what steps are needed to get legal to ride, to get green book, then to get Insurance and new License plate.

Where to go what do I actually need to ask for?

Edited by davidstipek

You most likely need you thai ltd to apply for a assembly or mfg license. Of course as you will see after my post this will be financially prohibited.

Please post some pics. GL

Yank:

1. Could you please explain what the first sentence means?

2. Are you suggesting OP is SOL?

Thanks

If the original bike didn't have a green book then probably your NEVER Going to get one!

As far as I'm aware you will not be able to get a green book. The bike should have a Thai registered engineer report. An emissions test and brake test.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You most likely need you thai ltd to apply for a assembly or mfg license. Of course as you will see after my post this will be financially prohibited.

Please post some pics. GL

Yank:

1. Could you please explain what the first sentence means?

2. Are you suggesting OP is SOL?

Thanks

YES he is SOL!!! Sorry to say there are a few shops that have a assembly licenses which are shops that bring bikes in as parts such as pattaya superbikes. we've seen these post here 100s of time and i have never read about anyone succeeding

To have a new book issued is going to be a very very expensive exercise with the possibility that you will not even get a book at the end.

find someone who can recycle a scooter book is your cheapest and easiest (but not legal) option.

Edited by Spoonman

Op You would have been 100 times better off before you put out good money to chase bad. You are about 2 years late to the mod party. By the time you get done you could just take the 200,000 you are going to spend to grease every wheel under the sun emissions & paying for a new book that in all honesty they will not give you. You probably have a backyard rat never to see the streets without a lot of payolla every time you are stopped. And even if there is a pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow the green book will be most likely dodgy & the gold you are chasing is Fools Gold. Many Many topics covering this topic. Do a search don't take the word of most of us who already tried or were thinking about it.I would draw the brakes & give up on this pipe dream Or we we will be hearing the never ending tale of woe saga!

The DLT is where you need to ask David. Take the expense paid & lump it I doubt this bike is going to be worth the price of admission!

Good luck

Edited by Beardog

• 1 year later...

Okay using first bike was out of the question as engine ended up cracked.

So I bought another one from Bike shop that had purchased in Police Auction here in Chiang Mai. I have sales receipt for bike and engine, also original green book! As I stated in beginning at first post here I have built a frame, it has no serial number. Matching engine from green book is installed in frame. Green book is in original owners name and may not be able to find him. But I have receipt of purchase in my name and address with bike serial and engine serial numbers, also dated February this year. Can I take receipt and pay tax this year? What about stamping serial number on Custom frame and keeping it same manufacturer as the original bike was. The original frame is totally trashed and sold to scrap yard, serial number was deleted from this metal and frame was cut up into same pieces to enable hauling to junk yard in trunk of car. I have if needed certified letter stating original frame was damaged beyond safe legal repair and needed new frame.

David

If the bike registered in the greenbook is less than 5 years old you can just pay the tax. If its over youll need a inspection every year which includes the frame serial number...

Restamping of course is illegal and a good chance you'll get caught. The transport department has copies of the original frame stamps which they transfer on masking tape.

SO it would need to be a perfect match of the original...