Sympathy Or Their Own Fault?

bowerboy

#1 best advice for farangs in Thailand:

mind your own business and don't interfere with Thai matters.

Wrong.....best advice for anyone anywhere is.....stay close to yourself......accept the consequences though....positive or negative....

• Like 1

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did a 63 year old have a baby?

Abortion is illegal in Thailand.

Condoms are legal and can get for free if one looks around.

Do you think that a Thai person in his 60's making love with his wife would consider a Western contraceptive solution?

• Like 1

Why did a 63 year old have a baby?

Abortion is illegal in Thailand.

Condoms are legal and can get for free if one looks around.

Do you think that a Thai person in his 60's making love with his wife would consider a Western contraceptive solution?

No, maybe not, BUT he should. Vagina's are dangerous things ;)

No, maybe not, BUT he should. Vagina's are dangerous things wink.png

Ah ... the old beaver trap ... facepalm.gif

Actually, a Thai Man would, from my understanding, consider the snip, over and above methods such as a condom.

That's not what you said when ........

You forced me to do all those nasty things Kat, don't go turning this around.......sheish women ! You Can't live with them, you can't live with them !

Will you two kids get a room ... laugh.png

"sheish women ! You Can't live with them, you can't live with them !" ... currently I am living without mine ATM because I can't live with her. Miss her though.

That's not what you said when ........

You forced me to do all those nasty things Kat, don't go turning this around.......sheish women ! You Can't live with them, you can't live with them !

Will you two kids get a room ... laugh.png

"sheish women ! You Can't live with them, you can't live with them !" ... currently I am living without mine ATM because I can't live with her. Miss her though.

Firstly, Patsy, she's a kind of outdoor lass, exhibitionist if you would prefer.

Secondly, Come over here old friend........Man hug ! Now toughen the hell up ! I can lend you the Kat for a night if you like ;) ...,.... she's a good cook !

Edited by neverdie

I'd go with your first instinct - just pay it (if you can afford it). You said they're a hardworking familiy. That's all you can ask of people - that they try hard.

And the one year old - maybe his mother really did ask him to have a child. If that's his truth then that's a good thing to do. And the side buggy thing - it's just how it's done isn't it.

Don't over think it I guess.

• Like 2

You don't make money in this world by being generous...sadly...

If you know they are good people and they really don't deserve this and 8 000 will change nothing much for you.

AND (the most important) you know the story is TRUE.

I'll say go on. Give them in secret. And hope they use the money to pay the owner of the Mercedes...

Mercedes, generally people have insurance with that kind of car and that kind of accident should cover any basic insurance.

That kind of situation always crush my hearth.

Edited by Nervosa

There is a very good saying that the Thais always use " UP TO YOU " my own opinion is that if you help it will come back to haunt you put it this way the merc owner cannot get blood out of a stone if the gardener has got no money why not get him to do some work on your garden and pay him 500 baht each vist he will soon have the 8,000 !

• Like 2

Most likely they are both scamming you. Amazing Gullible Farangs

This is almost certainly true. The penniless gardener and the rich Benz driver got together one afternoon over a beer and thought "what is the best way to scam 8,000 baht out of that stupid farang across the road?" an they came up with this. You have to admire the Thais for their genius.

one has to admire a poor little man like you for coming up with crooked thoughts.

If you can afford it, then do it knowing you are showing compassion and a desire to selflessly help another.

If in the end, for whatever reason, it doesn't end as well as it might. You still can look at yourself in the mirror and know you showed an act of kindness.

If this is playing on your conscious, and you choose not to help, it may weigh you down for some time.

I would have thought the drivers insurance would cover this kind of accident.

Does this destitute guy own any land, like the land he lives on ?

I know of and have heard of people who live a very moderate existence in small wooden houses built on land which would sell for several million dollars at today's prices.

Exactly right, I am wondering why the OP has not checked this out and has not mentioned the insurance.

Here is the answer below:

post-110219-0-94014700-1401759255_thumb.

Edited by Beetlejuice

one side of me says, if the Merc owner, who also understands the circumstances is not showing any "compassion" why should you ?

but the other side of me understands what your saying...

tough call..

The gardener is having no erectile dysfunction @ 64....................lol. Must have that Thai Happiness Gene..................lol.

OP... If you did give him 8,000 ... Are you even certain he would run to the Merc owner to clear this all up and pay the 8,000?

What would you do if you gave him 8,000 thb and then found out he took the money..

Negotiated with the Benz owner to settle for 3,000 thb in cash..Bought his wife a small gold chain with some and then got completely wasted with the rest if the money?

Or just keep it all and claim not to have any money to the Benz owner..

Once you give a gift (especially if given anonymously) not possible to dictate what the receiver does with it

Better way, if you want to help... Approach either the man or his wife and ask them if they can look after your yard for 1,000 thb per month

If they then want to settle with the Benz owner , they surely can go back to him and tell him they just got extra work and can pay him 1,000 per month

Although don't be surprised if he doesn't run to the Benz owner to give him the good news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1