Bleak prospects for Amazing Thailand sales

webfact

they may be raising prices, but are they increasing their bookings?

still trying to get it directly from the hotels, and shop keepers mouths,

the Swissotel stopped serving their buffet breakfasts in January as no one was coming and the hotel was at 30%

hard to believe, it is business as usual

that was a disaster then,

what about now?

4,000 baht "per head." Tourists are always counted on a per head basis by Thais. Everything about foreigners is "per head."

Pattaya bargirls don't count heads!tongue.png

I suspect that depends on which head they are concerned about.

If they carry on with their plans then it will be truly amazing if anyone will come

http://prachatai.org/english/node/4076

Thailand (MICT) will finish their own version of the great firewall of china, called Thailand Social Network in two months just their way of blocking and censuring all data traffic. Meaning all packet data traffic will be checked and filtered, which means the internet will be effected as this will cause it to be slower than it is already.

One step forwards, two steps backwards IMHO. I doubt this move will be well-received by it's citizens and the expat community and more importantly the tourists which accounts for approximately 10% GDP

If nothing else, these will be interesting times ahead.

Edited by useronthenet

Subscribe to your VPN service now before the change.

A VPN or “virtual private network” is a service that encrypts and redirects all your internet connections. This will circumvent the firewall and the ISP. To prevent freedom of self-expression, there is always a solution to bypass censorship, thus MICT's efforts will be futile.

Maybe the news internationally about the Thailand crisis is totally different to the news in Thailand and that is why countries are warning their citizens to stay away.

Bad news is always bigger than anything positive and in Yahoo News for example some western reporters seem to be trying to sensationalise the protests in Bkk into something they are not.

On a very delicate subject, a friend in Wales tells me there's a lot of adverse reporting on a very, very Thai VIP currently in the west of England.

I have heard a similar story from a UK friend. It begs the question, what is this VVIP doing away from Thailand with a thorough clean=up being carried out by the Military after the coup?

I admit to owning a pretty boggling mind, and all kinds of suggested ideas run through. I agree, it's a very delicate subject to raise in Thailand, but interested if anyone can give any ideas by using veiled speech.

Maybe the news internationally about the Thailand crisis is totally different to the news in Thailand and that is why countries are warning their citizens to stay away.

Yes the former PM and its minions have a good PR machine.

But we down here know that now loads more criminals are getting caught, there is no bloodshed no grenades no slaughter of anti government protesters by the reds. Its a lot safer as before.

The only bad thing is that there is a curfew.

How do you know can you provide a source to back up the facts of more criminals being caught and the fact its safer.

Bad news is always bigger than anything positive and in Yahoo News for example some western reporters seem to be trying to sensationalise the protests in Bkk into something they are not.

On a very delicate subject, a friend in Wales tells me there's a lot of adverse reporting on a very, very Thai VIP currently in the west of England.

Even got a mention of "Have I got News for You".

Once that starts you know the country is really scratching their heads about "who the hell do these people think they are?"

You tink too mutt... or you that is because you are blind. Have you heard about the cancellations of tours and hotels reservations? Have you heard about the travel advisories? Probably not...

What success are you talking about? Resting on your laurels already? Don't be too complacent. Other countries such as Vietnam and perhaps Burma will overtake Thailand if things fester and the nice men in green clothes screw things up even more.

What is bad for Thailand .... is good for its neighbors like Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines.... Hmmmm... But, the "Right" guys are now at the helm, so NO WORRIES! Right? Nah!

It actually *is* amazing that it's such bad news that Thailand will *only* get 25 million tourists because of all that killing and soldiering that is going on. How many places would give up quite a lot to get *only* 25 million? Canada? Australia? Korea? Japan? Switzerland gets a little over a third of that "worrying" number of tourists to Thailand.

Success brings higher expectations, and that's a fact.

Edited by toybits

New Game Grand Theft democracy by popular demand.In a land where it is illegal to tell the truth just reverse normal decent standards to see what's what

Whereas before if you did tell the truth you would get sued. coffee1.gif

What is bad for Thailand .... is good for its neighbors like Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines.... Hmmmm... But, the "Right" guys are now at the helm, so NO WORRIES! Right? Nah!

leally ?

If Thailand does not get their marketing correct it is going to be an amazing flop. How can you get people to come here if they cannot get insurance quality tourist always want to be covered .They should postpone this amazing event or its going to be a huge waste of money.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Very true bad news always makes better headlines than good new, but the fact is the only news you get in Thailand is censored, no freedom of speech, so if I was tourist I think I would trust what the outside sources along with what my own government warning are, as you would be getting a much more accurate picture of whats really going on in LOS.

While everything may be calm at the moment I fear its the calm before the storm!

• Like 1

I have just returned from the UK last week ,the plane was 2/3rds full ,a friend has just returned same on his plane ,they are normally packed , i think the feeling abroad is ,why go to a country ruled by the army ,you never know what may happen ,friends were even asking me was i not afraid to return home ,

Lets see......28,000 inbound at 365 days is just about 10 million. So just where do the other 18 million come from? Visa Runs? They have been counting inbound and outbound and connecting for years now to pad the numbers. I am suprised this has not yet crashed.

• Like 1

I have enjoyed a good laugh at the way certain stories reported in the press in the free world compared to those approved by the dear leader in TL.

Many don't even get a mention in the local press.

Always cheers me up in the morning coffee1.gif