Normally within 5 working days if sent some form of recorded delivery. 'Surface' mail? I think you mean snail mail, yes? All post wlll go via air mail.

Lithium batteries are not allowed by airmail anymore, therefore are sent by surface mail.

Yes it is send by traceable mail, but it shows as having left HK on 28 May, but doesn't show in the Thai tracking system.

Normally within 5 working days if sent some form of recorded delivery. 'Surface' mail? I think you mean snail mail, yes? All post wlll go via air mail.

Lithium batteries are not allowed by airmail anymore, therefore are sent by surface mail.

Yes it is send by traceable mail, but it shows as having left HK on 28 May, but doesn't show in the Thai tracking system.

Did they give you any estimate at the post office at time of sending?

If I had an estimate, there would've been no reason for this thread, isn't it ?

I'm sure someone on this forum will know how long it takes for sea cargo from HK to arrive in Thailand, as that is probably the way HK post sends it's surface mail.

Edited by JesseFrank

If I had an estimate, there would've been no reason for this thread, isn't it ?

I'm sure someone on this forum will know how long it takes for sea cargo from HK to arrive in Thailand, as that is probably the way HK post sends it's surface mail.

The PO estimate might have had a wide spread and you might have been looking for the time taken by someone who had actually done the deed.

I had items sent from HK by China Post, had tracking number that worked until package hit Thailand, then no more news. Got the item delivered about 5 days after it got to TH; live in Phuket.

I think China post still means airmail, however no priority mail, while mine for sure will be sent over sea.

It is a fixed time that a cargo container takes from HK to Thailand, same as a cargo container from Thailand to Europe takes 23 days.

I'm sure there are people on this forum who know that figure, problem is to get their attention to this thread.

• 2 months later...

I had items sent from HK by China Post, had tracking number that worked until package hit Thailand, then no more news. Got the item delivered about 5 days after it got to TH; live in Phuket.

I think China post still means airmail, however no priority mail, while mine for sure will be sent over sea.

It is a fixed time that a cargo container takes from HK to Thailand, same as a cargo container from Thailand to Europe takes 23 days.

I'm sure there are people on this forum who know that figure, problem is to get their attention to this thread.

So how many days it took?

And to which destination?

I just send 2 small surface mail registered packages to Turkey and worry it'll take 50 days to arrive.

So how many days it took?

And to which destination?

I just send 2 small surface mail registered packages to Turkey and worry it'll take 50 days to arrive.

Package was shipped on 15 May, left HK on 28 May and was delivered to Thailand on 20 June