Waterpump always running

flip

My waterpump us running/making a noise every minute for about 2 secs even water is not running/taps are all closed..Is this normal?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No. You either have a leak somewhere or no air pocket in holding pressure tank to allow start/stop pressure to develop normal range. If you have a shut off valve immediately after pump trying closing - if still same issue it is most likely tank has no air so turn off and drain the tank and then turn back on and hope for the best.

• Like 1

It's not normal...you most likely have a leak somewhere and possibly the pump's "pressure tank/bottle" is waterlogged (lost its air charge). By pressure tank/bottle and depending on the pump's design the approx 15 liter tank the pump motor/manifold assembly sets on top of or if the pump is a constant pressure design type it probably has a small 1-2 liter pressure bottle screwed into the manifold assembly. Don't want you to think the pressure tank is the large water storage tank you may or may not have. But even if the pressure tank/bottle is waterlogged the pump would not kick-on unless there was water flow, like a tap being turned on, commode being flushed, or leak somewhere. And speaking of leaks a common leak is in the commode water bowl. You should try isolating the pump from potential sources of leaks...and if your pump has a water cut off value right after and right below the pump that's a great way to isolate the pump to see if it's a problem with the pump itself or a leak external to the pump. Good luck.