World Cup in Pattaya

SJM2013

I have an apartment booked for 1 month in Bangkok and fly into Thailand tomorrow.

I would really like to watch all of the world cup games.

As the curfew has just been lifted in Pattaya, but not in Bangkok, I am looking to change my plans now and just head for pattaya....but only if watching the games is possible.

So, considering a lot of the matches start in the early hours of the morning, and as late as 5AM I think, are there going to be enough bars open who will be showing the games?

With the large amount of Europeans in Pattaya, I would assume the interest is there.

Also, as a lot of the pay tv channels are down atm, are any of the channels that broadcast the world cup even available now?

I could do with some advice, as I have to make a quick decision, and won't have an Internet connection after I fly out tonight.

Thanks.

I'm no barfly and have no idea who, or what TV will show the games. I'm going back to the UK for the 5 weeks because, as you point out, the first England game is on at 5am on the Sunday morning. You will need some stamina to stay up all night to watch that. Good luck though. I'm sure you will find plenty of places. I could actually watch them in my house here, via BBC and ITV but the timings are the problem.wai.gif

Why would anyone want to come here for the world cup when most of the games KO at 2am and 4am and in Thai commentory only?

Very bizarre IMO.

Personally I would love to be going back home for it but as usual cicumstances don't suit, plus I'm not sure if my old Mum would have appreciated me taking over her tv every night biggrin.png

FYI info the curfew has just been lited in Pattaya, so you are in luck. You wil be ok for the 2am games but 4am?

The license fee for bars to show the matches is 50,000 Bht and 100,000 Bht for hotel and guesthouse bars. I'd say there will be very few showing the matches, especially considering the time they are on. LK Metro area is probably your best bet.

You can get all the games on line direct from the UK BBC and ITV in HD. You can either watch them live or watch 'on demand". I'm only going back to the UK for them, simply because I go back once a year and the World Cup seemed a sensible time to do this.

Why would anyone want to come here for the world cup when most of the games KO at 2am and 4am and in Thai commentory only?

Very bizarre IMO.

Personally I would love to be going back home for it but as usual cicumstances don't suit, plus I'm not sure if my old Mum would have appreciated me taking over her tv every night biggrin.png

FYI info the curfew has just been lited in Pattaya, so you are in luck. You wil be ok for the 2am games but 4am?

Pat

the first England game is at 5am, even worse.

Very bizarre IMO.

Why would anyone want to live there when they can't stand the heat?

Very bizarre IMO.

Edited by mad mary

Very bizarre IMO.

Why would anyone want to live there when they can't stand the heat?

Very bizarre IMO.

Dreadful attempt at fishing. Must do better.

Very bizarre IMO.

Pat

the first England game is at 5am, even worse.

Yes, that's the time from hell. I'll be watching about 9am when I get up.

There will be many bars showing the world cup try Wetherspoons (Baukauw), irovers (LK) Monkey House (Soi 7). If you dont want to go out buy a world cup set top box from 7/11 for 1500 thb they are the only official broadcaster of the world cup in Thailand. Its not on True but at the last minute they may allow some games on free Thai tv channel 7