Filling In Sv Application

Dear all

I am just about to start filling in the Settlement Visa Application,and want to make sure of a few points.My first question is,do i have to get a copy of My Wife Tabien Ban and have this Translated.I have not seen a Mention of this anywhere,and the only reason am querying this is because My Wife is worrying that I have not told her that we Have to do this.the reason she is worrying is because when Her Farther and Brother applied for there US visa they had to supply this.

My second Question is do we need to fill in the section with regard to My wife's employment History.I can understand that this would need to be completed if we were applying for a VV as this would show a reason for my Wifes return to Thailand,but we are not.we are apply SV and as I will be supporting My Wife when she comes to the UK I can't see that this applys to us.

My Third Question is,does My wife have to include details of her Daughter on the Application.the reason I am questioning the need for this,is that My Wife's Daughter lives with Her Fathers parents,and has not been with My Wife for over Three Years Now.My wife was never legally Married to this Thai Fella,as it was just a comman Law relationship.My wifes Daughter will never need to travel to the UK,so I can't see the Need to include Her on the Application

And last but not least,does My Wife Have to include Details of Previous Partner,i.e His Name or is this not needed as it was not a leagally recognised Marriage.

I hope that you can give me some advice with regard to these points,and look forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards

Richard

Hi Richard,

1. No, you don't need to submit the tabian baan with the application.

2. I would include details of your wife's employment.

3. She should include her daughter's details. This is only relevant if your step-daughter might come to the UK in the future. You say not, but one can never tell.

4. Yes, your wife should include details of her previous partner, as the question relates to both married and unmarried partners.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Hi,

Just filling in our SV application.

I've got most things covered, but going down the checklist, the last note asks for

"any other documents in support of your application"

Can anyone give me examples of the sort of things to include here?

Thanks.

Difficult to say.

Anything not on the checklist that you feel will help the application.

For example:-

An offer of employment in the UK if she has one and her visa allows her to work (a spouse one does, a fiance one doesn't until after the wedding and FLR).

Letters from any family members that have met her.

Can't think of anything else at the moment!

Don't worry, though, if you can't think of anything. If the all the other documents are OK, then there should be no need to add anything else.