TAT to hold grand street concert

webfact

TAT to hold grand street concert

PNECO570604001000801_04062014_104057.jpg

BANGKOK 4 June 2014 (NNT) — The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is holding a grand street concert with an aim to boost tourism and Thailand’s image in the international community.

According to TAT Deputy Director, Vilaivarn Thawitsri, the agency has allocated over 200 million baht for its plan to hold street concerts in Bangkok. The concerts will take place on three main roads of the city: Silom, Asoke, and Ratchaprasong.

The street concerts will be held for 9 days and nights in an attempt to boost Bangkok’s image and promote tourism in the capital city. In addition, the street concerts will also be held in other tourist cities including Chiang Mai, Phuket, Pattaya, and Hua Hin.

The TAT has already proposed the project to the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), saying the objective of the campaign is to return happiness to all the people.

The agency will also forge ahead with its plan to hold 'Thailand Grand Sales,' which will kick off in June and end in September of this year. This year’s event will be held in cooperation with Thai Airways International.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-06-04 footer_n.gif

They had plenty of street concerts earlier in the year, all televised live by Bluesky. Didn't do much for tourism smile.png

The best party to watch for entertainment would have been to have opened government house/P.M. question time. (for the general public)

Thai Airways are involved ??? promoting lower fares ???? i'm waiting for this.

• Like 1

Will this violate the "gathering of more than 5" to promote a political agenda? Or is it OK to gather if in support of the coup?

Oh, I see it is meant to "return happiness to all the people", so that should be fine as long it results in an uptick of the Gross National Happiness index.

TG are cutting way back on capacity by cancelling flights due to savagely low loads. Destinations with more than one flight per day are primarily affected, so check any existing reservations you might have. And, of course, when capacity decreases fares rarely go down. ;)

Edited by lomatopo

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There is a right place and a right time. Sorry, but this isn't the right time.

My idea is that it's TAT's final fling. They have had 5 billion baht per year budget, spent it on ???? This is one heck of an agency or franchise. It will have to be re vamped for sure. they said 200 million ??? schools---hospitals----roads-rail close TAT down, give the staff a different inactive post to one they have now.

For sure. Allocate the budget to the schools.

• Like 1

Will this violate the "gathering of more than 5" to promote a political agenda? Or is it OK to gather if in support of the coup?

Oh, I see it is meant to "return happiness to all the people", so that should be fine as long it results in an uptick of the Gross National Happiness index.

TG are cutting way back on capacity by cancelling flights due to savagely low loads. Destinations with more than one flight per day are primarily affected, so check any existing reservations you might have. And, of course, when capacity decreases fares rarely go down. wink.png

You mean less politicians and family members are travelling free?

• Like 2

Could be? Likely replaced by Military types/family members, who've always played a huge part in the board and management of the airline? But I'm guessing you wouldn't want to hear something like this?

Could be? Likely replaced by Military types/family members, who've always played a huge part in the board and management of the airline? But I'm guessing you wouldn't want to hear something like this?

You are not the only one to know this, it may now have already been corrected---unless you know different ??

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There is a right place and a right time. Sorry, but this isn't the right time.

My idea is that it's TAT's final fling. They have had 5 billion baht per year budget, spent it on ???? This is one heck of an agency or franchise. It will have to be re vamped for sure. they said 200 million ??? schools---hospitals----roads-rail close TAT down, give the staff a different inactive post to one they have now.

For sure. Allocate the budget to the schools.

...and public libraries. The sign of a country which is not intellectually lazy and has a thirst for knowledge.

Oh! I just woke up... I am in Thailand. Sorry!

This sounds like a half arsed attempt at a Carnival.... which WOULD be a good idea except that half the female participants would probably be arrested for showing too much cleavage, which as we know doesn't actually exist here in Thailand.

Oh good grief! Seriously TAT?

This is one BAD idea. As if Thailand, and especially Bangkok, had not had enough of enforced road closures, TAT want to do it again. Hopefully, like most utterances from TAT, this will never be heard of again.

Amazing Thailand... Indeed.

And who will sing at those concerts ? as they want to promote for tourism I guess they already have a list of international pop starts or rock stars invited to sing in the street of Bangkok no ? If they want to have local music or local thai pop I am pretty sure the tourists will avoid to come in Bangkok during the 9 days ..... I dont get it , dont they employ some good business development director at the TAT ? hire me ..... cheesy.gif

More hair brained nonsense from Tat,still it does keep one amused,now waiting for their next deluded attempt to "lure" tourists.

Hare brained indeed, but think of the potential.

post-9891-0-88269300-1401864885_thumb.jppost-9891-0-94784100-1401864886_thumb.jppost-9891-0-86462200-1401864876_thumb.jppost-9891-0-80638900-1401864895_thumb.jppost-9891-0-56076500-1401865025_thumb.jp

Happy, smiley faces, you can even get tanked up for free.

post-9891-0-87063600-1401864877_thumb.jp

• Like 1