TAT to hold grand street concert

webfact

And who will sing at those concerts ? as they want to promote for tourism I guess they already have a list of international pop starts or rock stars invited to sing in the street of Bangkok no ? If they want to have local music or local thai pop I am pretty sure the tourists will avoid to come in Bangkok during the 9 days ..... I dont get it , dont they employ some good business development director at the TAT ? hire me ..... cheesy.gif

Sure you are up to reading the tea leaves and horoscopes? Research is not allowed.

Oh good grief! Seriously TAT?

This is one BAD idea. As if Thailand, and especially Bangkok, had not had enough of enforced road closures, TAT want to do it again. Hopefully, like most utterances from TAT, this will never be heard of again.

Amazing Thailand... Indeed.

and likewise the 200 million Baht will probably not be seen again.....

What time will they start and more importantly, if you live near by and wish to sleep, finish?

Yea, I thought of that also. Up here in Chiang Rai, a few times, I've ventured out to try and enjoy a concert. Wasn't possible. Thais who do stage sound know only one volume level: FULL. I've been a gigging musician for 47 years, but I can't witness a Thai concert. It's just not worth having blood dripping from my eardrums (that's what it feels like, anyway).
  • Like 1

Utter stupidity

NO you think about it, 50,000 baht to travel to Thailand to see a street party, what a bargain cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Tee Hee..

I marvel at the self deception that often takes place, here in Pattaya. Have a Carnival, or a world record new year countdown etc.. In other words, put some head banging music on a stage, throw up loads of tents selling the usual stuff and then say in the press " Fantastic success. People from all over the world attended". Sure they might have, but they were already here for other reasons.

There is a right place and a right time. Sorry, but this isn't the right time.

My idea is that it's TAT's final fling. They have had 5 billion baht per year budget, spent it on ???? This is one heck of an agency or franchise. It will have to be re vamped for sure. they said 200 million ??? schools---hospitals----roads-rail close TAT down, give the staff a different inactive post to one they have now.

Wishful thinking unfortunately i expect.

Its funny, the amount of "parties" this country has reminds me of a manic depressive......... wild happy clappy one offs just leads to a cycle and depression once the partys over .... bit like a hangover the day after the night before but on a grand scale.

sheer waste of money imo as you say plow it into other lasting projects like education infrastructure and health.

Street party's to improve Thailand's international image and bring happiness to the people. This is absurd.

It will take a hell of a lot more that some stupid street party. These clowns still think that people can be conned.

Under normal circumstances street parties are a good idea for tourism. It is true that the foreigners attending them are allready here but they go home and tell their friends what a good time they had and that helps the future. At the moment though with a volotile situation that is just beginning to fcome under control they can be misused with groups with other aims than a party.