Looking for artisan coloring dyes

Kiniyeow

I would prefer Alcohol based but can use water based ones in a pinch. They don't need to be pre mixed, powder form is fine. I use it to dye woodturnings to enhance the grain in the wood.

I've looked in Global House, Home Pro, Chiang Mai Plastics, (that paint hobby shop inside the old city) and several other places that had slim to none chance of carrying them.

I'm looking for a local supplier (in Chiang Mai) and not something that has to mailed/shipped.

thanks.

How about alcohol dyes for leather? There are a couple shops for those though the color variety might not be that great. And Chiang Mai Plastic does have powered dyes for cotton that are mixed with water. However, other shops in Wararot also have them and most certainly will be cheaper than Chiang Mai Plastic.

Humm, I never thought about leather dyes. Don't know if they would work or not, but I'll give them a try. I did see what looked like powder dye in the back of Chiang Mai plastics in little Ziploc type bags, but the lady I talked to there said they were coloring for candles not cloth. Is this what you were referring to?