Where to meet a good Thai girls in Bangkok considering my situation? Any help appreciated

justme123

I don't understand why you have a difficulty in meeting a lady. I can't even go to the shops without being informed that someones sister, aunt, cousin ETC is single and looking for a nice farang and do i want her number. I'm in my early 50's but i get offered ladies of all ages.

Yes, but if girls are looking specifically for a farang and of a certain age then alarm bells should be ringing.The OP has stated that he doesn't want to be an ATM for such girls.

Indeed, being a 20-something I'm sure he wants a woman with a decent education, job and life vision, not a "she guud gurl, not finish school, 2 baby, no money but guud tek care".

• Like 1

Well, i guess i"m answering your question with a question, but here goes nothing...

What do you want her to be "good" at exactly? If you want "good" in bed, Soi Cowboy or Nana plaza will do you. If you want "good" at heart try hanging around the buddist temple mate... whistling.gif

• Like 1

Seenspace on Thonglor soi 13 has some nice bars and restaurants where 'good girls' (I assume you just mean non hookers who are not looking for a sponsor?) hang out. Pretty much any of the bars/restaurants in Thonglor will. You don't need to limit your search to Thonglor though (although admittedly there are a lot less hookers there I guess than the bars on say, soi 11).

Gyms are great as are sports clubs. Southerners sports club has touch football (mixed) and netball (female) as well as rugby and cricket. Having said that you will probably be more likely to be introduced to a girl than meet a girl as most thai girls still don't play as much sport as girls do back home in the west.

If you are in your 20's and speak thai though the easiest way is just to go out and talk to lots and lots of girls. It is purely a numbers game. So that is on you not the location.

• Like 1

Londoner on a Wednesday night when they have a 2 for 1 promotion is also a great place. Lots of farang/thai/everything gets there. Yes there are some hookers but you can work it out pretty quick who they are if you have just a little bit of social awareness.

• Like 1

I agree, most do, but not all. I had 4 experiences with girls from good families so far. One has been my gf for quite a while, two told me they had a crush on me while I was not living in Thailand so I rejected (one was hot, the other one not so much. I'm not rich but I'm not poor neither.

I'm beginning to think the OP may have met "Whereustay" on his reconnaissance missions.

Sounds like he's trying to work his way through Bangkok's hi-so community. Turns out he actually HAS a girlfriend already and says he has others lining up

Smelling a lot like BS to me

I think you should be fine going out in ratchada, thong lor, or kaosarn. Easy to meet meet people. If you are shy then just get some beers and you'll feel better talking to these girls.

I've a lot of thai friends who love foreigner (especially if they are in their mid 20s who can speak thai).

Agreed, he really shouldn't have much problem.

I think if he is over muscled, I think he may find it a bit difficult to get a long term relationship with any attractive girl.

Have to say, I got to the bit where the OP espouses "but in a good shape (probably a bit too muscular for Thai taste... or in other words: it wouldn't be the first time that my boobs are bigger than hers)." , then decided, for me, it was time for a ... coffee1.gif

If you have seen any pictures of over muscled guys, I think you will find that they all look like they could do with wearing a bra.

I have often went shopping and I have come home with two girls telephone numbers LMFAO. No effort needed. I was just clothes shopping and 90% of the staff are female.

I have never been with a bargirl here, no need if your anyway good looking with white skin?

Well I'm average looking I guess, except being very athletic and yeah I'm caucasian. For a long term relation ship, I would however prefer a girl not working as a sales staff in some shopping mall (not meaning that the girls are not lovely, it's just not what I'm looking for at the moment).

If you are not interested in a "sales staff" type of girl (I think most of them are really attractive) and mainly want to meet a girl at some keep fit place like a gym, then I think you are going to grow up a lonely old man.

• Like 1

Well, i guess i"m answering your question with a question, but here goes nothing...

What do you want her to be "good" at exactly? If you want "good" in bed, Soi Cowboy or Nana plaza will do you. If you want "good" at heart try hanging around the buddist temple mate... whistling.gif

Not interested in P4P scene, too young for risking my health for a bit of fun. However I was also thinking about a temple today... I guess it's actually not a bad place.

I'm beginning to think the OP may have met "Whereustay" on his reconnaissance missions.

Sounds like he's trying to work his way through Bangkok's hi-so community. Turns out he actually HAS a girlfriend already and says he has others lining up

Single since a few months already.

I think if he is over muscled, I think he may find it a bit difficult to get a long term relationship with any attractive girl.

Still under 80 kg. I guess it's rather a disadvantage still, but it shouldn't be a main reason. I guess my shyness is probably a much bigger problem.

One thing... if you think it's a BS thread then feel welcome to do so, but do not spam the topic please. Thanks.

At the same time thanks to all the new ideas! Highly appreciated

Edited by justme123

Try getting on at the Thonburi BTS AT 8-00 AM. Amazing body to body with office girls ,very easy to strike a conversation.

ive never seen fatangs go up and start conversations. maybe in bars where they grab a handful of azz................lol.

Whats a fatang????

Not interested in P4P scene, too young for risking my health for a bit of fun. However I was also thinking about a temple today... I guess it's actually not a bad place.

Still under 80 kg. I guess it's rather a disadvantage still, but it shouldn't be a main reason. I guess my shyness is probably a much bigger problem.

One thing... if you think it's a BS thread then feel welcome to do so, but do not spam the topic please. Thanks.

This is not a BS thread, I find it very entertaining, and you are to thank for that, all I am saying really is I have never been with a lady who finds an over muscular guy attractive. A toned body yes, but not an over muscled one.

If you have little legs and a big body, you are history mate lol.Just been speaking to a few hi-so ladies and they not like man with likkle legs

• Like 1

This is not a BS thread, I find it very entertaining, and you are to thank for that, all I am saying really is I have never been with a lady who finds an over muscular guy attractive. A toned body yes, but not an over muscled one.

Altough I do not completely share your opinion on this one, I have to say even if there is not a single girl in Thailand who finds my body attractive, I won't really care. I love working out and that won't change for anyone.

@Bernard: short legs yes but not shorter than Thai guys, little legs no

Glad you 2 are entertained but then again.. if you don't have anything constructive to say, why not simply stop posting in this thread?

Edited by justme123

A close pal of mine lived out here for a year, pretty heavily muscled, definitely more than the average Thai guy without looking like he took "enhancements". Girls loved it and he got a lot of attention based on that. They did joke that he was gay but that didn't stop them.

Another pal of mine is a short but stocky dude, I'd guess maybe your height justme123 and broad and muscled, he always does well when he spends time out here.

Altough I do not completely share your opinion on this one, I have to say even if there is not a single girl in Thailand who finds my body attractive, I won't really care. I love working out and that won't change for anyone.

@Bernard: short legs yes but not shorter than Thai guys, little legs no

Glad you 2 are entertained but then again.. if you don't have anything constructive to say, why not simply stop posting in this thread?

But I like posting on threads which are entertaining. If everything posters said was constructive, the threads would soon get very boring.

Just my opinion, but the internet, especially websites like Thaicupid, are the best way to meet girls in Thailand.

If you walk up to a girl who is a complete stranger in some public place you are likely to frighten her no matter how polite you are.

If you can make the initial connection online and then meet them later even for something as innocent as coffee you will find a great deal of success.

Again, just my opinion. I hate walking up the strangers. It makes me feel like a creep.

• Like 2

thanks guys!

the events you mentioned sound actually clever, the atmosphere should be inviting for getting to know new people

I just thought of one question that I would like to ask as well:

How do you approach the girls when they are total strangers? Just introduce yourself? Or you do one of the tricky things like "Oh I don't know where to find.... "

A Korean friend of mine said he always reads some Thai books or whatever and then asks them to explain a word... it seemed to work quite well for him.

I checked out Thai Friendly once. I think the chances to find a good girl there are pretty low... the only girls I liked had children already and I am not ready for such a responsability yet.

I think you should be fine going out in ratchada, thong lor, or kaosarn. Easy to meet meet people. If you are shy then just get some beers and you'll feel better talking to these girls.

I've a lot of thai friends who love foreigner (especially if they are in their mid 20s who can speak thai).

I probably check them out this week. I haven't been in Kaosarn for ages and Thong Lor only once... Where to go in Thong Lor?

Actually... probably I ride my bike there today to check the area out (Thong Lor)

I'm in a similar boat to you, although I am a bit older.

Where I come from all my social interactions with women was done in bars, I never had much trouble getting laid because once everyone in the club is smashed at 2am all shyness disappears..... unfortunately without alcohol I'm too shy to even think of speaking to a stranger. I'm ok if someone introduces me but going up to someone I don't know is not happening.

Fear of rejection is my biggest issue, which I know is crazy as I was a male stripper 10 years ago and have been paid by wealthy married women to sleep with them.... But I was always drunk...

So to help you out..... Bangkok, particularly the cool places where the nice girls hang out is very cliquey (sp?)..... However these are the places I would suggest you check out (and if possible go with a friend as being alone does make going out harder if you are shy)

Thonglor Soi 13 - Seen Space - This is a cool venue with a Brew House (lots of beers), a couple of nice restaurants and a couple of bars with an open air courtyard and DJ spinning tunes.... Definitely worth a look. There are plenty of other places but I'd suggest you start there and try to meet some people then move on with them if they go somewhere else.

Levels nightclub on Sukhumvit Soi 11 is good, great music and wall to wall hotties :-)

Above 11 bar/restaurant on Soi 11 on top of the Fraser Suites - http://www.aboveeleven.com/ They used to have a salsa night which attracted a good crowd, not sure if they still do but I expect so.

I quite like Oskar Bar on Soi 11, but it does attract quite a few high end working girls.... you soon learn how to spot and avoid them.

Your ability to speak Thai and your age puts you are a huge advantage.... I understand your shyness issue though and all I can suggest is you down a few drinks first to get some confidence. Bear in mind that standard drinks in all these venues are in the 350 baht and up bracket.... so maybe down a few shots of vodka at home before you head out :-)

Good luck and have fun!!

• Like 2

easy walk in Bar ,walk out with a girl ,pick the one you like the looks of ,just by chance she may be nice girl ,cost be the same as a few drinks in the west

Agree with that. Don't discount the bars there a plenty of nice girls to be found. Being shy not really a problem there!

you describe yourself as lazy, i'm afraid lazy people never achieve much so the first thing to do, if you seriously want to meet a decent thai lady, is be prepared to put some effort in.

i have lived here over 10 years, dont drink or go to bars and have dated many many wonderful thai ladies, non of whom wanted a penny from me. to be honest you can meet them anywhere; supermarkets, the bus, the park, shopping mall, restaurant, friends of friends, at work...

to increase your opportunities; dress nicely, be polite, patient and calm, wash regularly, stay away from bars, dont drink or smoke and dont be lazy

• Like 1

you describe yourself as lazy, i'm afraid lazy people never achieve much so the first thing to do, if you seriously want to meet a decent thai lady, is be prepared to put some effort in.

i have lived here over 10 years, dont drink or go to bars and have dated many many wonderful thai ladies, non of whom wanted a penny from me. to be honest you can meet them anywhere; supermarkets, the bus, the park, shopping mall, restaurant, friends of friends, at work...

to increase your opportunities; dress nicely, be polite, patient and calm, wash regularly, stay away from bars, dont drink or smoke and dont be lazy

so how do you actually adress/approach them?

If the poster finds it difficult to meet a nice Thai girl in Thailand there's got to be something seriously wrong with him

I hardly speak a word of Thai and I'm a very ordinary kind of man, but I've found it very easy to meet and have quite satisfying relationships with numerous Thai ladies

I recall meeting a Brit wandering aimlessly around Pattaya who asked me 'how do you meet a girl here?'

I would have thought a more sensible question would have been 'how do you avoid meeting a girl here?'

In LA or London I can see there would be a problem in meeting girls. In the US it seems to be just the size of your wallet that counts and in Londinustan your ability to speak Urdu

But in Bangkok you only need to be breathing, and I'm not sure that's entirely essential

To someone who can just walk up to a complete stranger and start talking to them this is great advice.

To someone who could never just strike up a conversation with a stranger in a supermarket or the other place you mention it is unworkable.

You might as well tell someone who is afraid of heights to jump out of an airplane.

The OP is shy, he needs the assistance of alcohol to get up the necessary courage so he'd be better off learning which bars nice girls go to and how to differentiate between a genuine nice girl and one who just wants his money.

Of course when I refer to nice girls I mean ones from well off families who have no need for your money, not girls from poor families who are looking for financial assistance.

• Like 1

If the poster finds it difficult to meet a nice Thai girl in Thailand there's got to be something seriously wrong with him

In Londinustan your ability to speak Urdu

A post that managed to offer no solution to the OP, insult him and drop in a bit of casual racism! Bravo!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

so how do you actually adress/approach them?

It's simple.

Eye contact.

99% of the time it's all down to a look. It's really hard to explain what kind of look but as long as she's not screwing up her face in disgust, it's at least worth approaching her with a simple "hello".

There's no formula, you've either got it or you haven't

• Like 1

I hardly speak a word of Thai and I'm a very ordinary kind of man, but I've found it very easy to meet and have quite satisfying relationships with numerous Thai ladies

I recall meeting a Brit wandering aimlessly around Pattaya who asked me 'how do you meet a girl here?'

I would have thought a more sensible question would have been 'how do you avoid meeting a girl here?'

In LA or London I can see there would be a problem in meeting girls. In the US it seems to be just the size of your wallet that counts and in Londinustan your ability to speak Urdu

But in Bangkok you only need to be breathing, and I'm not sure that's entirely essential

Well I have difficulties approaching them. I'm kinda afraid of failure or being rejected. Dunno why, it's always been like that. I had quite a few relation ships in my life, some really nice girls... but believe it or not, except one girl, they always approached me and not the way round. Take the "believe it or not" literally and if you don't the please don't bother me with it.

Besides I'm not sure if we share a mutual definition about "nice girl".

• Like 1

Some people advocate just starting out talking to any girl you see and then trying to talk to more attractive ones.

Like just striking up conversations with normal looking girls first. Talk about anything. The weather. Food. Anything. Once you've become more confident in talking to normal looking girls try to speak with more attractive ones. Eventually make it a goal to speak with every attractive girl you see.

It works.

Edited by brucetefl
  • Like 1

A lot of people are suggesting just "hanging around" somewhere like a temple, or approaching girls at random places like BTS stations.

Seems to me that hanging around a temple is not the best idea unless you have a genuine interest in Thai temples, otherwise you are getting the relationship off on a less than honest start. I suppose it might be acceptable to eventually own up and eventually tell her you were not really interested in the temple, you just needed somewhere to find the sort of lady you were looking for. Maybe that would work, but it just seems rather fake to hang around temples looking for girls.

As to approaching girls at BTS stations and other such places when finding them "anywhere", that could definitely be seen to be creepy unless you are confident and with a good opening line (ie. reason to speak to them). I suppose it depends on the venue: perhaps at a BTS you could fake being in need of help/advice/directions etc.

Then, when targeting girls (that's what you're doing) at random places to find them "anywhere" there is the other factor: as has been said, TiT so rejection may be softer, but also TiT so rejection may not be so clear as well, when putting potentially shy Thai girls under social pressure who may react with greng jai and face-saving.

All of the above might be practiced with the issues I raised discounted by having a thick skin, not caring too much and playing the "numbers game," however in that case one might as well write down your phone number 10 times and simply hand it out to girls you find attractive working in MBK Center or 7-11. Possibly a couple of them will call you and you might even get lucky.

For what it's worth, unless you are happy to play games with these girl's hearts I think it's best to have a good, honest and genuine reason for approaching them rather than, say, hanging around a temple - in practice, probably looking rather odd or suspicious - until you get chased off or feel like a fool.

• Like 1