NACC sets up panel to investigate assets of Yingluck, former ministers related to rice scheme

webfact

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not as pathetic as trying to divert attention from what is probably the most ineffective, corrupt and nepotistic administration in Thai history by constantly wanted to highlight other people for past invents - which have been dealt with.

Why not start with extraditing Thaksin - he can face the 15 outstanding separate charges against him, and appeal his conviction?

The excuse that others have been corrupt, others were dictators, others suppressed free speech has been trotted out regularly by those who defended the PTP regime when in power. They were ready to play this card when it favored them. Now they try to dismiss it. Pathetic.

What's to divert? - the usual suspects are salivating over the prospect of jailing Yingluck. Nothing will divert them from that.

Your opinion of the PTP, is just that, an opinion and of no interest to me, it's been repeated in various different forms on this forum so incessantly, it's just white noise now.

I was specifically referring to a couple of individuals attitude towards corruption not discussing peoples opinions on the history of contemporary Thai politics. If I do want to do that, I promise I'll get back to you.

Along with all the vailed accusations, would someone please explain how the corruption was presumed to work? How was it manipulated? Where and how was the money being syphoned off? Thanks

Phantom....really?

Well come on then, tell us the details - you do know them right?

Along with all the vailed accusations, would someone please explain how the corruption was presumed to work? How was it manipulated? Where and how was the money being syphoned off? Thanks

Phantom....really?

Well come on then, tell us the details - you do know them right?

Interesting that you should reply to a query directed at the phantom, related to you perhaps? And by the way, your strident denials of any wrongdoing by your beloved PTP are getting tiresome.

• Like 2

Will be interesting to see this play out. If Yingluck is thrown in jail for years,

the red buffaloes will go crazy. Guess it depends on how much

animosity was created by stiffing the farmers. I am sure their memory

must be longer than a few months..

Thaksin's paid supporters are getting more and more desperate, wanting to keep their snouts in the trough until the last possible moment.

Yingluck is going to prison.

Thankyou three times General Prayuth

I am pretty sure the snouts have been removed from the trough. At this point am sure

the strategy to get the ill gotten gains out of the country before the military grabs the

money back......

I am pretty sure the snouts have been removed from the trough. At this point am sure

the strategy to get the ill gotten gains out of the country before the military grabs the

money back......

No, you dont understand the mind of a sociopath. The snouts will remain in the trough until the snout or trough is physically removed.

The sociopath will create lies on a whim, never aware that the lie they told yesterday contradicts the lie they told the day before.

The only solution is to remove the sociopath from society for as long as possible. They are incurable.

Does this mean they could be going through her'dirty laundry', now that would be an eye opener.

I checked your profile which tells me very little apart from the fact you're male, which I would probably have guessed anyway. Reading your post tells me so much more. smile.png

Glad you liked it who's the ageing hugh Grant wannabe in the pic by the way,needs a hair cut in my opinion.

• Like 1

Is Yingluck still locked up somewhere because I haven't read about her being released?[/font][/color]

You need to "friend" her on Facebook...

Yingluck posts Facebook message to thank her supporters

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Yingluck-posts-Facebook-message-to-thank-her-suppo-30235160.html

Or just read news.

Thailand's ex-PM Yingluck Shinawatra freed from custody

May 25, 2014

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/25/world/asia/thailand-coup/

I read both articles and I'm still none the wiser (not that I was 'wise' to begin with) I guess she's still being detained then otherwise the source of information who is high up in the military saying she's been freed would not need to ask for anonymity. If she'd been freed somebody would have said so officially (you'd think). Thanks for your input but my question remains unanswered

Excellent news,but they must also investigate family members and gardeners/maids as well.Could be very revealing.

...and the little boy who lived down the lane.

Why not the junta? The Admiral? Chair of Thai Air, cuts fuel prices? Entitlements of directors not listed in Thai Airs annual report?

The coup is two weeks old and you want everybody in high positions examined immediately.

There is a big pile of laundry and eventually a lot will come out in the wash.

The rice scheme/scam is of highest priority. First things first.

Let's hope the little boy who lives down the lane got his bag of rice, free of course.

Some posters want anything but a thorough investigation into the Shin clan activities. Investigate anyone, excuse anything the Shins have done or do with " but they do it".

Why are they all so scared of this family being investigated? What worries them might be found?

Not quite accurate, the posters want to see investigations on all those who have been involved in corruption in the past and present, to include the Palm Oil one, how long has that one sat on the "back burners" ?

It doesn't really take much to see that the NACC are pursuing the former PTP Government people, with a lot more vigour, than any other cases of corruption, I'd actually be interested in how many non PTP cases of corruption they were investigating at the time,?

Maybe because PTP cut the NACC budget by 60%?

How far back are they going to go?

Seems to me that their best chance is to strike while the iron is hot. Not waste there time on corruption that is so old all there is now is rumors.

The Thai population is interested in money in the hand now so they are investigating the largest and the freshest case now. The Thai population doesn't give a hoot what went on years and years ago especially if it is already been dealt with.

Finally with a no nonsense government they can get on with their job in an orderly fashion. One that will be productive to the citizens of Thailand in the year 2014.

• Like 1

Not as pathetic as trying to divert attention from what is probably the most ineffective, corrupt and nepotistic administration in Thai history by constantly wanted to highlight other people for past invents - which have been dealt with.

Why not start with extraditing Thaksin - he can face the 15 outstanding separate charges against him, and appeal his conviction?

The excuse that others have been corrupt, others were dictators, others suppressed free speech has been trotted out regularly by those who defended the PTP regime when in power. They were ready to play this card when it favored them. Now they try to dismiss it. Pathetic.

What's to divert? - the usual suspects are salivating over the prospect of jailing Yingluck. Nothing will divert them from that.

Your opinion of the PTP, is just that, an opinion and of no interest to me, it's been repeated in various different forms on this forum so incessantly, it's just white noise now.

I was specifically referring to a couple of individuals attitude towards corruption not discussing peoples opinions on the history of contemporary Thai politics. If I do want to do that, I promise I'll get back to you.

Don't rush to get back. Your continued ignoring of facts, attempts to divert discussions and attacks on anyone not subservient to the PTP (Thaksin's) views are obvious, and well, boring now. Similarly the way you never answer a question from posters directly.

I was replying to your attempt to dismiss others comments as pathetic. Simply because they don't fit it with your agenda of diverting attention away from the real possibility of investigations into the activities of a side you like to defend. The red noise is waning now, running out of excuses so resorting to childlike comments which we read over and over again in any thread commenting on the Shins/PTP/UDD/red shirts.

It wasn't an attempt - I truly do find their comments about corruption pathetic.

Don't rush to get back. Your continued ignoring of facts, attempts to divert discussions and attacks on anyone not subservient to the PTP (Thaksin's) views are obvious, and well, boring now. Similarly the way you never answer a question from posters directly.

I was replying to your attempt to dismiss others comments as pathetic. Simply because they don't fit it with your agenda of diverting attention away from the real possibility of investigations into the activities of a side you like to defend. The red noise is waning now, running out of excuses so resorting to childlike comments which we read over and over again in any thread commenting on the Shins/PTP/UDD/red shirts.

It wasn't an attempt - I truly do find their comments about corruption pathetic.

If corruption was not part of PTP agenda, why did they indulge???? and if they were totally against corruption why didn't they stamp it out ???

We all remember the propaganda photo ops Yingluck and the cabinet on live TV and in the newspapers. we will eradicate. ??? then they forgot about it.

Your pathetic defense of PTP is a joke. try another topic non political ???thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Do you really think, when they are supposedly busy getting paid off to sort out oil concessions from a multinational who can basically deposit money stratight into an account anywhere in the world that they would bother to actually nick money from hundreds of thousands of rice transactions?

If there is anything about the Shins is that they facilitated business and got paid for it, not took a clip on this type of thing. They won't find anything to pin personally on Yingluck for the rice. Thats just not her style

Excellent news,but they must also investigate family members and gardeners/maids as well.Could be very revealing.

Why not the junta? The Admiral? Chair of Thai Air, cuts fuel prices? Entitlements of directors not listed in Thai Airs annual report?

The coup is two weeks old and you want everybody in high positions examined immediately.

Let's hope the little boy who lives down the lane got his bag of rice, free of course.

Hey Rat, whats good for one is good for the other. One Prime Minister was brought down for haveing recieved payment from a cooking show. The whole point of these witch hunts is to see if insider knowledge caused a financial benefit. If you look at the armed services many have directorships that disqualify them in sitting on decisions of state. There are about 1600 Generals in the Thai Army? Haven't looked at the air force or navy.

So, the reason this whole thing has happened is that there are claims of inpropriety. So the ones that are currently judging are the ones that also need to be examined. The other point is that no one can question the Junta or they get thrown in goal.

Don't you find this course to be full of biases? There won't be representation in a military court?

I just believe in fairs fair; that was my point

If the little boy did get free rice, he benefited and deserves to be prosecuted?

Some posters want anything but a thorough investigation into the Shin clan activities. Investigate anyone, excuse anything the Shins have done or do with " but they do it".

Why are they all so scared of this family being investigated? What worries them might be found?

or justice.

I don't know where you get the 'shin clan' from from the rice scheme? Its Yingluck and four ministers at this stage.

The qualities, fair play and the execution of duties is what this is about; but if you have a crew that are judging do the exact same as what they are sitting in judgement of, don't you find that morally injust?

Time will tell what the result will bring.

You won't get much joy there. Most opinion on corruption on this forum is of the "every one knows" persuasion. "Every one knows Yingluck stole money from the Rice Subsidy Scheme", "everyone knows the PTP have been emptying out the treasury", "every one knows..................." - you get the idea coffee1.gif

I will ad to that , she thought she was untouchable

General Prayuth - you have not done one single thing wrong so far - you are a man of extreme integrity and will be entered into the Thai history books as the one

Do not worry about international opinion for now as it will be shown in time that you have saved this country

Also do not rush until everything is fixed, your mission cannot be achieved in 3 months so do it right

Take your time

• Like 1

My guess is that neither the NACC or any other panel would be a bit reluctant to dig too deep, especially if it comes to what you might call incentives allegedly payed by the Shins to people in very high places.

General Prayuth - you have not done one single thing wrong so far - you are a man of extreme integrity and will be entered into the Thai history books as the one

Do not worry about international opinion for now as it will be shown in time that you have saved this country

Also do not rush until everything is fixed, your mission cannot be achieved in 3 months so do it right

Take your time

Take your time to do the right thing. 30 years, 300 years, anything, Thai people is willing to wait.

If corruption was not part of PTP agenda, why did they indulge???? and if they were totally against corruption why didn't they stamp it out ???

We all remember the propaganda photo ops Yingluck and the cabinet on live TV and in the newspapers. we will eradicate. ??? then they forgot about it.

Your pathetic defense of PTP is a joke. try another topic non political ???thumbsup.gif

Even Yingluck knew it was nothing but laughable lip service.

post-210627-0-22445000-1402091340_thumb.

Stop it? Ha ha ha ha. Heck, we'll do it more than any administration in the history of Thailand.

Edited by Luger2

A business idea has occurred to me. "Non stop investigations Inc. of old stuff" to take away attention from looking forward and "new stuff."

It sounds like an excellent use of resources.

These investigations will immediately solve all underemployment in Thailand and will cost more than whatever has been stolen in the past. Just like the USA and UK we are going to govern through the courts which insures a very slow pace and maximum costs. Oh, and does anyone think they won't be short when they count the rice?laugh.png

Edited by Justanotherpassword

What about the topic on hand? The investigation related to the rice scam which has lost the country 500 billion already with more to follow?

i dont believe most of the drivel written in the Thai press and specially on this crappy website should have been shut down a long time ago.
Why bother hanging in this site then?

You sound like a right Merchant.

Cause i love reading al the crap reply's on topics such as this by the barstool Thailand experts who havent even got a bloody right to vote in said country bunch of laughs you silly little people are.

This is a forum which means it's a place to have a discussion about various subjects and a right to vote in Thailand isn't required. If we all had a vote we could express our views that way.

Your problem may be that you are only reading the posts that are written in English that is of a similar level to your own. I don't know if English is your first language but I suspect it is and it might improve if you took the time to read posts of a higher level. You might get a better response with a more reasoned approach.

As to your point about army generals I don't know the details but if they've been involved in anything they shouldn't then it's only right that they are held to account. The same can be said for anyone else who has done something they shouldn't. This is an ideal opportunity for General Prayuth to show he is unbiased.

That doesn't mean that the rice scheme and those involved shouldn't be investigated.

Nope English is not my native tongue that would be Dutch,French,German,some Spanish and Dansk.

And most of the responses that i have read the last few months concerning all the troubles in Thailand on this forum are certainly not of a higher level but are of bottom feeder level.

I think most army generals in western country's would love to have the same kind of money some of these Top Thai army brass boys have in their bank accounts google's youre friend pall.

Well that's an impressive list of languages. Your English is typical of a low level native English speaker which is a pity as your point was a good one. You needn't bother with all the lower level posts but criticising posters because they don't have a vote isn't really fair.

There are undoubtedly many others who should be investigated on all sides and in all the various Thai departments and the general needs to be focused on not only being fair but being seen to be fair.

These cases are current so maybe that's why they're being dealt with now and hopefully all the others, including those in the process of being investigated will be tackled without delay.

Just wanted to interrupt and say thanks.

Lurked on another Thai Forum trying to keep abreast of what's happening with the Yingluck situation and hear different perspectives on the rice pledging scandal, but was a bit dismayed on that forum to see it degrade into a singular exercise in masturbation by folks who wanted to see her demise. They claimed to have a unique god's eye view of everything behind the scenes and were eager to let you know. And ummm, me being a simpleton who thinks he doesn't understand the extent of political machinations dictating current events... I was out of my element there. One poster seemed to be threatening others about turning them into authorities or some such action for questioning the establishment, so I figured I'd better not say anything there lest one interpret my naive skepticism as a threat. Anyway, I thought I'd stop over to ThaiVisa, per outside recommendation.

And lo and behold, imagine my delight to find a thoughtful, reserved, and critical dialog examining these events in an almost academic matter.

giggle.gifwhistling.gif

Your brilliant sarcasm is very welcome at times like these.

Assuming it was sarcasm of course.

Does this mean they could be going through her'dirty laundry', now that would be an eye opener.

I checked your profile which tells me very little apart from the fact you're male, which I would probably have guessed anyway. Reading your post tells me so much more. smile.png

Glad you liked it who's the ageing hugh Grant wannabe in the pic by the way,needs a hair cut in my opinion.

Apart from sarcasm there's nothing like a bit of sexual innuendo to lighten the mood. Don't titter.

Hugh Grant wannabe!!! Bloody cheek. That was me in Cyprus September 2008. I'd only spoken to my Thai wife on the phone as I don't think she had the internet then. I came over to meet her the following February. It's actually my 60th birthday today and I had my hair cut this morning. There's a lot more grey than in 2008. I wonder why. biggrin.png.

Keep up the smutty posts. I think with all that's going on we need to keep smiling while we wait to see if the current actions lead to a better future.

I live in Isaan and there just doesn't seem to be the aggression amongst most of the average Thais on both sides that you'd expect given all the news stories.