Visa In Kuala Lumpur

Hi all

I am planning to go to Malaysia for my non-immigrant visa.

I would prefer Kuala Lumpur to Penang, because I really want to visit this metropolis. But I read somewhere else on this site that the embassy in Kuala Lumpur requires a lot of paperwork.

Does anyone know if this is still the case? And how long does it take to get a visa there?

Thanks in advance!

Michael

Hi all

I am planning to go to Malaysia for my non-immigrant visa.

I would prefer Kuala Lumpur to Penang, because I really want to visit this metropolis. But I read somewhere else on this site that the embassy in Kuala Lumpur requires a lot of paperwork.

Does anyone know if this is still the case? And how long does it take to get a visa there?

Thanks in advance!

Michael

In the Asia region they all want a lotta paperwork.

Guest chingy

i have alittle experience in KL before, the first time i was there to get a 60day tourist visa no problem cause my PP was pretty much empty, i came back for the second time to have another 60day tourist visa, the girl in there ask me for my bank account statement, i ask her why do you need that for, its only a tourist visa ofcourse at that time i didn't know any better, she say that i been there twice, anyhow i got away with it but never return to KL again

Penang seems the one to go to, for sure!

I will be going there on my next visa run, in three months from now. Does anyone know if they require a bank account statement for getting a non immigrant 'O'?

Cheers

If it is a retirement purpose you have in mind, they well might ask about the availabilty of funds.

In Penang if you want to avoid the hassle of going to the consulate yourself there are a number of expediters on Chulia Street who for 50RM (500 Baht) will handle all the paper work and take and collect your passport for you.

They won't increase the chance of getting the visa you want but they do mean you can avoid having to deal with Thai officialdom so in that respect the service is cheap at the price.

JJ.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a small update regarding this, my own posting.

In the end, I decided to go to Kuala Lumpur because I really wanted to see this city.

Getting my Non-Immigrant visa went okay, but my paperwork was also in order. I applied in the morning and got my visa at around noon the next day.

Actually, one of the embassy officials was friendly and almost smiling! Her colleague was less happy, though. She wanted a copy of my passport and sent me off to a supermarket 15 minutes by foot to get one.

It would be a very nice service if there were a photocopier available at the embassy. I would even pay 100 baht for one copy. But I guess that is wishful thinking ;-)

But all in all, KL seems an okay place to go for a visa. There were quite a few people there, though, so don't expect to be the sole soul there.

Just a small update regarding this, my own posting.

In the end, I decided to go to Kuala Lumpur because I really wanted to see this city.

Getting my Non-Immigrant visa went okay, but my paperwork was also in order. I applied in the morning and got my visa at around noon the next day.

Actually, one of the embassy officials was friendly and almost smiling! Her colleague was less happy, though. She wanted a copy of my passport and sent me off to a supermarket 15 minutes by foot to get one.

It would be a very nice service if there were a photocopier available at the embassy. I would even pay 100 baht for one copy. But I guess that is wishful thinking ;-)

But all in all, KL seems an okay place to go for a visa. There were quite a few people there, though, so don't expect to be the sole soul there.

Did you get a mutiple entry or single entry Non Immigrant O ?

I got a single entry, but that was also what I applied for. So, I don't know how accomodating they are with mulitple entry.

Thank you for that. It is very helpful to know trends from place to place. Alas, those trends are subject to variations in the staff employed at missions