White-Pinkish Water Buffalow - where to buy in Isaan?

Latis

I want to buy a Pinkish-White water buffalo mother and baby. Does anyone know where I can buy and how much I should pay for a healthy mother and baby water buffalo? I heard the white-pink coloured buffalo are quite rare as everyone in the village says they can find the grey colour buffalo but not white-pink colour.post-138340-0-63779500-1402237725_thumb.

Any idea where I can buy and how much they cost? I want tip top healthy, best of breed. Thanks for any advice. My farm is at Sirndhorn Dam in Ubon and I have 24 rai of grass for them to graze on.

Edited by Latis

Mate, to my knowledge, none of us are Buffalo Farmers.

Maybe, if after a week, you don't get any replies, ask a Mod to move it to the Isaan Forum,

as it maybe Local knowledge, rather then Farming knowledge that you need.

Take into account that a white or pinkish buffalo is more prone to sunburn, they need plenty of shade to hide from the sun should they feel like it.

I have seen one who had been in the water to cool down for most of the day, except a part of it`s back, it was as red as a tomato and the animal wouldn't allow anybody to touch it.

It was painful just by the look of it.

Just been on the phone, to a cattle dealer near me has one, a heiffer in calf , not over big but fit, she whants 45 500 bart for it,it may sound a lot but all cattle prices are going up big time, and buffalow prices are fowlloing.allso as you said ,they are not comon ,but I do see a few around,I live in central Lopburi.

As I said cattle prices are going up I would think it would be the same for you.

To find one you need a ตลาดวัว in Thai ,a cattle market,to us, these happen allover,seem to be no set place,allthough one near here did run for a few months in one place,could ask at your local DLD office, Depatment of Livestock Development ,all provinces have one กรมปตุสตวื in Thai,they might know or find some one rearing cattle ask them.

These pinkish buffalow are known as ควายเฝือก in Thai,shuld not be to diffulcult to rear ,same as other buffalow my cattel dealer frind has few buffalows ,never seems to have any problems,if they are on a good diet they should do OK,a yearly worm jab would not go a miss,and a mineral block.

Wow, the buffalo in the photo looks really healthy. But the costs for treating sick buffalos are very high here from what i have read.

Did you read it ,or did the GF say 'my mother has a sick buffalow,can you help,might be expencive'.smile.pngsmile.png

If ever this forum has justified I it's existence, it is with this thread. I mean really "I want a pink buffalo" . This could have gone the way of the "growing chicken" thread, but someone found the op a pink buffalo. I kinda want one now. You gotta love this forum! I just wish meat rabbits weren't as rare as pink buffalo.

• Like 2

I know you are thinking,pink buffalo,it will be pink elephants next,they are real, they are known as Kwie peu-ak,they are not albino, but a breed.

Just said to the misses about these posts she said ,in supprise ofcourse they are real, take my Thai spelling and go in to Thai Google,and have a look.

I know they are real, my amazement was that on person wanted one and another soon knew where one was to be had. After all, they are extremely rare. The essence of this forum is putting agricultural questions together with the answers and it just seemed that this post represented that ideal. I am glad too that there is still a good market for buffalo in general. In the last 22 years they went from being extremely common to a bit rare around my area.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Iamthai

Intresting link,up to date to,but they are all Kwie tam-ma-da ordinary buffalow,manily in Obon,the prices have gone up in the past year, and are still going up,same as cattle.

Out to day come across a Kwie peu-ak,and her calf,nice fit looking buffalow's to,stil a few about.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, the buffalo in the photo looks really healthy. But the costs for treating sick buffalos are very high here from what i have read.

Did you read it ,or did the GF say 'my mother has a sick buffalow,can you help,might be expencive'.smile.pngsmile.png

Quite frankly I am of the view that such stupid and derogatory comments should not be published. The author of this comment should consider leaving Thailand if that represents his opinion and views of Thai ladies. BTW the English spelling of "expencive" is EXPENSIVE.

Quite frankly I am of the view that such stupid and derogatory comments should not be published. The author of this comment should consider leaving Thailand if that represents his opinion and views of Thai ladies. BTW the English spelling of "expencive" is EXPENSIVE.

I would stay far from thaivisa.com if you're so easily offended by sarcastic remarks.

Hey mate, there are many farangs on here considered to be " Buffaloes " and apart from the black people all of them are pink!!!

Any good?

Oh and before the idiot brigade steps in with derisory comments, this just "tongue in cheek"

I take it you live in a world of air con and farang food ,and can not speak Thai , for the last lot of years I have been in the LOS it has been a standard joke about Thai bar girls saying to a farang about mothers the sick buffalow can you help out,it has come up on TV a few times in the past.

.PS, You are out of luck, and trying to get at me about my spelling ,i is a bit on the dyslexic side.

PPS, I have been married to a Thai lady for 14 years now, and I could not run our small holding with out her.

Yours S K.