WOW! Popcorn Time

rbkk

Not impressed with it,installed in an Android box,took to long to load the movie,

and don't like the idea of downloading from torrents,Solamovies for PC and

Moviestube and movies planet for Android work much better ,all free.

regards worgeordie

Not impressed with it,installed in an Android box,took to long to load the movie,

and don't like the idea of downloading from torrents,Solamovies for PC and

Moviestube and movies planet for Android work much better ,all free.

regards worgeordie

I found it fast, but that could be my fibre connection. Looking at your options I found too many ads/ adware. You also need to signup and register to use them. The titles available on the first pages (movies+series) seem very dated. I find Popcorn a much slicker interface and Thai wife friendly! Thai subtitles were added last week. Vpn anonimity is/to be included free.

Each to their own I suppose. A bit like which is better, the blue car or the red car? Take your pick.

I really like the warning at the bottom of the page :

"Downloading copyrighted material may be illegal in your country. Use at your own risk."

Is there any country where it is permitted??????

North Korea, perhaps? :D

>and the android app......http://www.time4popcorn.eu/

What android app? There is none - or its been removed. This software inc the Windows version looks decidedly dodgy to me - by allowing coding to be downloaded from servers? Think I'll pass.

I can't believe that scrolling down the page to reveal an image of a mobile with the words for android 4.2 could be so difficult. It's there, but you can't find it.....Have a nice day.

I really like the warning at the bottom of the page :

"Downloading copyrighted material may be illegal in your country. Use at your own risk."

Is there any country where it is permitted??????

North Korea, perhaps? biggrin.png

But do they have internet ?

Maybe Hollywood running this

Service it's a Trojan collect ip addresses

It comes now with a free built-in vpn service to protect users. I noticed on one download site the counter was at 247,000 downloads and counting. Some people obviously love it and others are wary. On Facebook Ed Sheeran (the singer) called it the future. I hope so. It just works on my connection . The kids think it's great!

What android app? There is none - or its been removed. This software inc the Windows version looks decidedly dodgy to me - by allowing coding to be downloaded from servers? Think I'll pass.

I can't believe that scrolling down the page to reveal an image of a mobile with the words for android 4.2 could be so difficult. It's there, but you can't find it.....Have a nice day.

Your right, my browser must have hung before as the page didn't scroll down that far! Having a great day thanks as I hope are you.

Think I'll stick with XBMC though.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Your right, my browser must have hung before as the page didn't scroll down that far! Having a great day thanks as I hope are you.

Think I'll stick with XBMC though.

I use XBMC too and can't find any/enough hi-def streams. MX's streams work ok. Dixie requires a sub now. Also a large number of links don't work and it is a steep learning curve for Mr. or Mrs. average. Ease of use is the big appeal of Popcorn.

• 7 months later...

^ Popcorntime (0.3.7-1"The car wont start"- updated today-Windows). In settings set subtitles-Thai script to default. Not all movies have subs.If it is available for your selection a Thai flag will be shown on the right of your screen. If it is unavailable a white box with a cross is shown. Not near my phone right now to check Android.....

• Like 1

I downloaded the newer version of Popcorn Time but had to uninstall (I used REVO uninstaller) the existing one -- it wouldn't update. Seems to work okay for movies in english, but couldn't find any with Thai subtitles.

Saw a notice that Time4Popcorn had adware included.

I also have XBMC and like it better for series.

Has anyone tried out ZONA ? It looks like a really super application -- but -- I started to downloaded it from their home page here but got scared off by a Malware alert form Spybot. The Zona FAQ has a section on --

Instructions for configuring Dr. Web, Eset Nod 32 and AVG.

Been using popcorn on 2 pcs for several months now. Wife absolutely loves it and i've watched heaps on there too. For Thai subtitles you usually only get them with very popular titles or older ones. Don't expect a week old movie release to have subs. I also have the android version installed and that works a treat too. Great for when you want to watch something whilst in bed.