TOT and CAT 3G

TOT have MVNOs like iMobile and TuneTalk, but you should be able to find a TOT 3G SIM languishing on the shelves of just about any shop (7/11, mobile, etc.) which sells SIMs.

For CAT just get a TrueMove H SIM. TrueMove H is (essentially) an MVNO for CAT's 850 MHz 3G service. My by CAT SIMs will be harder to source, but maybe just dredge a larger mall's phone counters?

You may find more detail on Google or Facebook?

http://www.mybycat.com/shop.php?id=34

TOT is 2100 MHz 3G, while CAT/TrueMove H is 850 MHz 3G.

Edited by lomatopo

The websites would have the current/latest promos.

Last I heard:

TOT Heavy/Perfect Storm, post-paid no FuP speed limit but max. speed at all times is 1-Heavy/ 2 Mbps-Perfect.

My by CAT has a FuP of 384 Kbps once you get to your cap which may be 4 GB?

Not sure where you are or what your requirements are but you could also look at products/services like AIS AirNET, 3BB Wireless and TOT Wi-NET.

Edited by lomatopo

Last I heard:

TOT Heavy/Perfect Storm, post-paid no FuP speed limit but max. speed at all times is 1-Heavy/ 2 Mbps-Perfect.

Not sure where you are or what your requirements are but you could also look at products/services like AIS AirNET, 3BB Wireless and TOT Wi-NET.

What I had in mind with real unlimited was uncapped.

The my cat website doesn't show the promotions in the English version.

Not sure that is possible with except by using fixed-line (DSL, DOCSIS, FTTx) or wireless broadband like previously mentioned services: AIS AirNet, etc.

How do I found out if AIS airnet or other wireless services are available at my place.

I know I could ask the companies, but my experience is that that info is unreliable.

How do I found out if AIS airnet or other wireless services are available at my place.

I know I could ask the companies, but my experience is that that info is unreliable.

Maybe talk with neighbors? Other than that I think you'll have to contact the various companies. I'd be surprised if they couldn't answer your availability questions?

We've done a few AIS AirNET installs, and the service is pretty decent.

Edited by lomatopo

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I use Perfect Storm (no FUP but max 2mbits/sec). For now until I suspend.

Ok it is unlimited in volume... BUT quality of connexion is most of the time not good :(

(for technical details : latency/loss of packets. They also seem to use a "transparent proxy" which 1 time out of 10 when you surf, open you an error page instead of the website you intended to visit. When you reload it's OK.... annoying... I am astonished only a few people complaining about this...)

So much less good than the others but cheap if you use 10, 20, 50GB...

I hope they will improve.

• 2 weeks later...

Last I heard:

The my cat website doesn't show the promotions in the English version.

I have a myCAT account since about 2 years, I estimate. For 590 Baht + VAT I get 4GB and 384 KB fair usage once the 4GB are used up. I use it as my main Internet now, since there is no ADSL anywhere in or near my village out in the sticks (northern Surin province). I use it with a D-Link aircard. I just checked my speed. This is what I get around 03:00 in the morning.

post-5472-0-36146900-1404764531_thumb.pn

Not too much, but surely enough to function. I'm a day trader in the Stock Exchange of Thailand. So, in order to make money, I do need constant Internet during working days. As backup (fai dap or on the move) I have a Galaxy Note 8 (suberb!!) with a True-H account. Also 384KB fair usage after my 5 GB are up.

There is no such thing as an uncapped 3G service in Thailand.

Edited by Dario

Thanks for the feedback.

Hope you can make some on SET !

For me TOT perfect storm=not capped to volume, but capped to 2Mbits/sec, which is quite enough. But it does not work well :( - 2Mbits like you

Dtac 3G=wonderful, but limited in volume (but 6, 8Mbits/sec possible)