What is your bike and experience level?

I've done over 250 on Silom and over 300 on highways. You can't get up to 300 on Bira. Not that I know of anyway.

I wonder. I recently saw some youtube clips of some guys hitting 260+ on the back straight in Bira and they were going round in about 1'08" / 1'09". Colin Butler's lap times are around 1'03". I wonder what speed he hits on the back straight.

Troy Bayliss top speed 261 lap time 1:3:64 but I have seen vids touching 280. Sure someone could hit 300 but it would only be for about 1 sec.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done over 250 on Silom and over 300 on highways. You can't get up to 300 on Bira. Not that I know of anyway.

I wonder. I recently saw some youtube clips of some guys hitting 260+ on the back straight in Bira and they were going round in about 1'08" / 1'09". Colin Butler's lap times are around 1'03". I wonder what speed he hits on the back straight.

Troy Bayliss top speed 261 lap time 1:3:64 but I have seen vids touching 280. Sure someone could hit 300 but it would only be for about 1 sec.

Remember the last title, be safe be cool!! it's not cool and it's not safe to drive at high speed on public roads!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I love riding, I am considerate and think about others, I do not drive fast but always keep up with traffic providing that traffic is not speeding, I am in no hurry to get past anyone and can wait until it is safe to pass without endangering anyone else on the road, patience is something that will save your life, speeding will kill you eventually!!

Driving here is fine in Phuket, if you keep your speed down you will never have a problem, drive fast and many things come into play, pot holes, poor road surface, dogs etc, drive fast and you risk your life!!

Remember the last title, be safe be cool!! it's not cool and it's not safe to drive at high speed on public roads!!

I'm just so tired of your constant preaching! Am I the only one?

Edited by H1w4yR1da
  • Like 2

I love riding, I am considerate and think about others, I do not drive fast but always keep up with traffic providing that traffic is not speeding, I am in no hurry to get past anyone and can wait until it is safe to pass without endangering anyone else on the road, patience is something that will save your life, speeding will kill you eventually!!

Driving here is fine in Phuket, if you keep your speed down you will never have a problem, drive fast and many things come into play, pot holes, poor road surface, dogs etc, drive fast and you risk your life!!

I'm just so tired of your constant preaching! Am I the only one?

No picture this time? who said I was with the clergy?

"Stick to the thread topic"?

You're the one that's turned a thread on 'experience level' into one almost entirely dedicated to you posting continuously about high-speed riding.

It's my thread I can do what I like!! what's your opinion on public road high speed riding?

To keep this quality discussion about speeding running: Going 300 on public streets in Thailand is neither racing nor does it need any skills or balls. All you need is a big bike and some stupidity.

• Like 1

You're the one that's turned a thread on 'experience level' into one almost entirely dedicated to you posting continuously about high-speed riding.

It's my thread I can do what I like!! what's your opinion on public road high speed riding?

5 5 5 5 5

I guess he told you, H1.

• Like 1

To keep this quality discussion about speeding running: Going 300 on public streets in Thailand is neither racing nor does it need any skills or balls. All you need is a big bike and some stupidity.

Stupidity seems to be rife here!!

anyway , i got an xjr 1300 , if anybody wants it , its for sale as i wanna faster bike.

saw a BKING (it is a naked busa } on the net today and i must have it !

suzuki B KING = big power, smoking rear tyre, speeding tickets, imminent death, extremely dangerous speeds, new crocs and shut up you girly nancy boys who say i am being irresponsible !

its my life albeit maybe a short one .

and my experience level will have me dead soon as i am hopeless.

rob

• Like 1

He who wears crocs

5 5 5 5 5

I guess he told you, H1.

I guess H1's opinion on high speed driving on public roads will not be forthcoming, so you need two balls to drive fast and plenty of stupidity, that is in abundance here!!

Maybe H1 would like to reply via pictures, I love pictures!!

He who wears crocs
But there comfortable!!

Edited by Alwayssunny

He who wears crocs
But there comfortable!!

You wear crocs while riding? Yep you're right, stupidity IS rife here.

Stick to your scooter and let the adults ride. I did 500klm Saturday to Khao Yai and back.

You?

Down to 7/11 in your crocs?

Do they offer Crocs with ankle protection? If i could make sure they stay on the foot in an accident i would wear Crocs on my scooter too.

Not as far as I know, the idea is not to have an accident! I am looking at a pair of Gortex walking boots at the moment and not a bad price, would be perfect on the bike, I actually don't wear the Crocs very much I prefer the flippy flops!

He who wears crocs
But there comfortable!!

You wear crocs while riding? Yep you're right, stupidity IS rife here.

Stick to your scooter and let the adults ride. I did 500klm Saturday to Khao Yai and back.

You?

Down to 7/11 in your crocs?

I did 240kms returned safe as usual, my top speed was 100kph what was yours? I actually don't wear the crocs much as I do prefer the flippy flops!

Edited by Alwayssunny

Do they offer Crocs with ankle protection? If i could make sure they stay on the foot in an accident i would wear Crocs on my scooter too.

Not as far as I know, the idea is not to have an accident! I am looking at a pair of Gortex walking boots at the moment and not a bad price, would be perfect on the bike, I actually don't wear the Crocs very much I prefer the flippy flops!

> ... the idea is not to have an accident!

Thats a good idea! Will try to do that too laugh.png

> ... the idea is not to have an accident!

Thats a good idea! Will try to do that too laugh.png

It has worked for me over the last 45 yrs!

Actually the speed limits ive seen is 120km/h ,Saying that its quite rare to see any signage relating to any speeds .

I've never seen a speed limit sign, I said 90kph because that's the speed limit on the one major road here in Phuket!

Except on motorways, which are off-limits to bikes, I believe the maximum legal speed is 90kph, according to the cops running the speed trap on national highway 2.

This reiterates the signage posted there.

I was nicked driving my car @ 120.

Please correct me if I've been misinformed.

...Greg....?

Edited by papa al

I have 4 bikes over here, 3 which I ride regularly, A Keyway Superlight 200 (Cruiser), A Liffan 200 dirt bike,a 20 yr old Honda 125 wave with a Thai sidecar attached which I use as a van, & a Kawasaki Kasi 125 scooter which just the family use now. I don't go faster than 90kmh on ordinary roads as any quicker than that you don't have time to dodge potholes, dogs etc. The only time I go faster is on big main roads when I try to keep ahead of the traffic to avoid being cut up by thais all the time. Iv'e done 42500km's in 2 1/2 years here so far & have 1 minor accident where a Thai turned into me as I was overtaking. Iv'e driven bigger bikes for 35 years in the UK & on the whole I'd say it's safer over here as you don't have the same high volume, high speed traffic that you get in the UK, I might feel a bit differently about that if I lived in a City instead of Isaan though, I guess...

One big important thing to consider here in fact anywhere, if you are breaking the law and have an accident any insurance you have will be void!!

"you will never have a problem" wow do you really think that? about riding bikes? on roads? in Thailand?

I have 4 bikes over here, 3 which I ride regularly, A Keyway Superlight 200 (Cruiser), A Liffan 200 dirt bike,a 20 yr old Honda 125 wave with a Thai sidecar attached which I use as a van, & a Kawasaki Kasi 125 scooter which just the family use now. I don't go faster than 90kmh on ordinary roads as any quicker than that you don't have time to dodge potholes, dogs etc. The only time I go faster is on big main roads when I try to keep ahead of the traffic to avoid being cut up by thais all the time. Iv'e done 42500km's in 2 1/2 years here so far & have 1 minor accident where a Thai turned into me as I was overtaking. Iv'e driven bigger bikes for 35 years in the UK & on the whole I'd say it's safer over here as you don't have the same high volume, high speed traffic that you get in the UK, I might feel a bit differently about that if I lived in a City instead of Isaan though, I guess...

One big important thing to consider here in fact anywhere, if you are breaking the law and have an accident any insurance you have will be void!!

"you will never have a problem" wow do you really think that? about riding bikes? on roads? in Thailand?
I believe it is possible to have very few problems driving on Thai roads providing you drive at a sensible within the law speed!

Edited by Alwayssunny

^

Guess his average speed on this superduperbike wont be under 250kmh. So a 500km ride will need 2 hours. Add 5 minutes for photo posing at the vitorcenter in Khao Yai and 1 minute for stopping to buy the ticket, its exactly 2:06 hours. Thats fast thumbsup.gif