Singkorn border crossing

samran

I know it is a tad further south, but does anyone know if there is anything (markets etc) on the Burmese side of the line? When I went there a few years ago the action seemed to be all on the Thai side.

I understand Thai PP holders can cross over these days.

Many thanks in advance.

Thai's and foreigners alike cannot cross over to Burma from this border point, only the Burmese can cross over in to Thailand. The only exception to this is at songkran when there is an agreement that let's thai and foreigners cross over for a short trip via a 10 seat song thaew costing 110 baht. There is no visa required at this time only to pass in to Burma and no passport or visa required by foreigners to return. The market currently is being redesigned so is all over the place right now.

Thai's and foreigners alike cannot cross over to Burma from this border point, only the Burmese can cross over in to Thailand. The only exception to this is at songkran when there is an agreement that let's thai and foreigners cross over for a short trip via a 10 seat song thaew costing 110 baht. There is no visa required at this time only to pass in to Burma and no passport or visa required by foreigners to return. The market currently is being redesigned so is all over the place right now.

okay, thaks for that. How recent is the intelligence?

There was this thread from mid last year which states otherwise:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/638232-singkhon-border-crossing-for-visa-runs-delayed-thais-only/

As of recently border market is being revamped (read knocked down and rebuilt) went a few weeks ago waste of time going, absolutely nothing on Burmese side well I suppose a village or so the nearest town from what my neighbor landlord says is about 80 Km. A few Burmese come across for shopping in PKK and whatever, don't think Thais can cross

Oh I am sure it will change when the border opens whenever that might be from memory it was "next year" and that was in 2005

• Like 1