Inspection of Pattaya Beach Road Still Sees Rules Being Broken

Rimmer

Inspection of Pattaya Beach Road Still Sees Rules Being Broken

531.jpg
PATTAYA-Recently [PDN]; Municipal officers had inspected Pattaya Tai beach road to observe and control minibus stops and vendors who sold goods on the footpath.

Upon inspecting they found that minibus drivers were parking in a more orderly fashion that they have done in the past and motorcycle had been parked in alley ways as they had been told. However some taxi s and vans were parked in prohibited areas and some vendors were still selling goods on the footpath.

Mr Wutthipol Charoenpol-Pattaya City Manager- had asked the taxi drivers , van operators and vendors to follow the strict rules by parking in appropriate zones and to sell their goods from inside there store only,
Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/06/12/inspection-of-pattaya-beach-road-still-sees-rules-being-broken/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-06-12

• Like 1

The long and the short of it is the "crackdown" will achieve nothing at all.

All "lip-service" to the powers that be.

Totally agree the super clean cop that we have in town still sending his boys out for tea money from the bars, where does that fit in in the clean up anit corruption campaign. Friend still had to hand over his 50,000 baht the other day just to have a pole dancing place.

Same same but differnt corruption at the top which of course gets fed upwards.

I was on beach road yesterday, can't find a place to park my motorbike. The street was lined with rental bikes, they told me no can park. I said its public road. Too bad. All lip service, I hear its the police that own the bike rental shops. We could use a little help from the general down here.

personally I like the sidewalk venders because they often have some shade to walk in. I dont really understand their inspection process. I saw it and it was flashing lights and big hats etc that could be seen from a mile away. Anyone doing anything too dodgy was gone long before they arrived. I guess its a little too much to expect police to do some actual policing and look at their surroundings as they collect tea money, so they do a parade instead and then cant figure why nothing has changed. Perhaps because they were to lazy to police it? Maybe a little less marching practice in the police car park and some actual policing would help.

Edited by slygeeza